Photo

Fans going crazy, is BTS's Suga bisexual?

suga

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#41 timeless

timeless

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

please. it means his ideal type not limited to one type or kind of girl. he should say 'my ideal type not limited to girls' to reflect on bisexuality.

reaching is reaching.

#42 _______

_______

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:17 PM (Edited by _______, 12 December 2014 - 06:21 PM.)

wow where?

3:43

"whether it be men or women, my flexible tongue movements will send them to Hong Kong"  :hurr:

#43 HowBowDah?

HowBowDah?

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

wow where?

and why is it so hard for people to believe he might actually be bi?

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

#44 Affection90

Affection90

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

he's cute tho. dry-humping me oppa :hoplz:

#45 CECI™

CECI™

Jimin stan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

wow where?

and why is it so hard for people to believe he might actually be bi? 

"wheter it be men or women, my flexible tongue movements will send them to Hong Kong" its in BTS´s song Cypher pt3

Apparently, sending someone to Hong Kong is slang  for sexual plessure or something like that.  :hurr:

This interview is minstraslated tough, because even if he was bisexual I doubt he would admit it in public. Bangtan are just starting their career and this kind of issue could bring a lot of hate to them. You know homosexuality in Korea is taboo

#46 magiccq91

magiccq91

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

Suga Free Love

#47 Evee

Evee

그므시라꼬

• PipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

The people offended over the bisexual interpretation are disgusting tbh. Even if it's interpreted badly stop freaking out, your oppa won't like your vajayjay anyway, straight or not. I already knew his indiscriminate eagerness to 'send people to hong kong'  :happy:  so when I read the interview it made me remember that, but it also sounded like he meant people in general. 

#48 abinh

abinh

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

#prayforjiminass

#49 racquelle2005

racquelle2005

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

The people offended over the bisexual interpretation are disgusting tbh. Even if it's interpreted badly stop freaking out, your oppa won't like your vajayjay anyway, straight or not. I already knew his indiscriminate eagerness to 'send people to hong kong' :happy: so when I read the interview it made me remember that, but it also sounded like he meant people in general.

#50 Thayeon

Thayeon

ϟ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,210 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

It would be awesome if he had actually said that. 

But unfortunately that's not what he meant.  :rlytearpls:

#51 monologue

monologue

♤♤

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

insufficient data. It could also just mean that he thinks the same way when meeting anyone for any reason. Though this is the kind of ambiguous thing you can say if you don't want to lie but don't want to out yourself either.

#52 My Ship is Black Pearl

My Ship is Black Pearl

♥ 맠슨 ♥

• PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Fans afraid he's leaning that way. Ah typical... Typical... 

#53 My Ship is Black Pearl

My Ship is Black Pearl

♥ 맠슨 ♥

• PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

The people offended over the bisexual interpretation are disgusting tbh. Even if it's interpreted badly stop freaking out, your oppa won't like your vajayjay anyway, straight or not. I already knew his indiscriminate eagerness to 'send people to hong kong'  :happy:  so when I read the interview it made me remember that, but it also sounded like he meant people in general. 

d416fccbd30451a527ac8d711f7f66fc33158bf8

#54 shirishiri

shirishiri

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

why is a mistranslation being blown out of proportions like this man... whatever he is let him be happy with it. i hope this drama doesn't reach korea. the people trending this on twitter must be crazy. leave the guy alone

#55 25%Cotton

25%Cotton

Gaymer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:24 PM (Edited by 25%Cotton, 12 December 2014 - 07:34 PM.)

wow, bitches up in here be desperate.
you DO know that him being bi does not make it any more or less likely for him to date you

1. newsflash, bi people can like boys AND girls
2. you're never going to talk to him more than "OMGOMGOMG I LOVE U *sputter* SIGN MY COLLECTABLE *blushing, kawaii* BTS TRADING CARD *vomits blood*"

anyway, BOTH translations are wrong.

SUGA: 僕は性格と雰囲気。僕は決まった理想のタイプというようなものはないです。異性に限らず、印象や相手が醸し出している雰囲気で、あっこの人とフィーリングが合いそうかなということを重視しています。

^^(the japanese from the interview)^^

the japanese uses the word 異性, which not only SPECIFICALLY means "the opposite sex" (--> "it's not limited to the opposite sex") but ALSO a kanji word.

what, you may ask, is the significance of it being a kanji word? japanese kanji and korean hanja are both from chinese, so there are many times in translating japanese to korean or vice versa when you use the EXACT SAME chinese word as translation. this means suga probably said the exact same word, 異性 (i-sei in japanese), but with the korean pronunciation (i-sung).

as for it being "lost in translation" from suga's korean to japanese... japanese and korean have pretty much the same grammar and, as we've just seen, hundreds of instances in which the exact same word is being used (but inflected towards a japanese pronunciation or a korean one). japanese and korean are so close that you can even throw one into google translate and get results that actually make perfect sense in the other language.

that being said,

Mistranslation!! Idk, tbh it seems like hes just talking about ppl in general, it doesnt matter if its a girl or guy, he just likes people who has a good personality. Honestly, ppl want to take everything out of context >>

this is a pretty likely understanding of his meaning^^
he is possibly saying whether the person he's talking to is a lover or not, it's most important that there is the feeling of matching between them.

my only beef with that is that the whole interview is about romance and love stories and suga has also said stuff like this before. he has rapped about "sending girls AND boys to hong kong" (a korean euphemism for giving somebody a strong orgasm) with the movements of his talented rapper's tongue.

but yeah,
the fangirls in this thread saying it's a mistranslation and that oppa apparently "was just talkign about other types of girls" are making up bullshit because they're scared oppa might actually additionally like boys.

#56 Sooyoung's Wife

Sooyoung's Wife

fight me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

K saw it's mistranslated..he still my BTS bias along with nam joon

Are you saying that if it wasn't a 'mistranslation' then you's stop stanning him?

#57 25%Cotton

25%Cotton

Gaymer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:05 PM (Edited by 25%Cotton, 12 December 2014 - 08:06 PM.)

Are you saying that if it wasn't a 'mistranslation' then you's stop stanning him?

bisexual people are no good.

if my boyfriend came out to me as bisexual instead of gay i would unstan him. WHAT IF HE LOOKS AT A GIRL WHILE WE'RE TOGETHER?? i mean, cheating on me with 13 different men... at a time that he never met before is different because he'd still just be gay. but WHAT IF HE ONCE KISSED A GIRL THAT HE WAS FAITHFUL TO BUT NOW BROKEN UP WITH. ew.

of course, first i'd have to GET a closeted bi boyfriend. i haven't actually MET him yet because i don't have a boyfriend -- huh, i wonder why that is, tho.

#58 Sooyoung's Wife

Sooyoung's Wife

fight me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:19 PM (Edited by namjoons, 12 December 2014 - 08:19 PM.)

bisexual people are no good.

if my boyfriend came out to me as bisexual instead of gay i would unstan him. WHAT IF HE LOOKS AT A GIRL WHILE WE'RE TOGETHER?? i mean, cheating on me with 13 different men... at a time that he never met before is different because he'd still just be gay. but WHAT IF HE ONCE KISSED A GIRL THAT HE WAS FAITHFUL TO BUT NOW BROKEN UP WITH. ew.

of course, first i'd have to GET a closeted bi boyfriend. i haven't actually MET him yet because i don't have a boyfriend -- huh, i wonder why that is, tho.

lol this is basically how all people who don't understand bisexuality sound

#59 tomatosoup

tomatosoup

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

wow, bitches up in here be desperate.
you DO know that him being bi does not make it any more or less likely for him to date you

1. newsflash, bi people can like boys AND girls
2. you're never going to talk to him more than "OMGOMGOMG I LOVE U *sputter* SIGN MY COLLECTABLE *blushing, kawaii* BTS TRADING CARD *vomits blood*"

anyway, BOTH translations are wrong.
^^(the japanese from the interview)^^

the japanese uses the word 異性, which not only SPECIFICALLY means "the opposite sex" (--> "it's not limited to the opposite sex") but ALSO a kanji word.

what, you may ask, is the significance of it being a kanji word? japanese kanji and korean hanja are both from chinese, so there are many times in translating japanese to korean or vice versa when you use the EXACT SAME chinese word as translation. this means suga probably said the exact same word, 異性 (i-sei in japanese), but with the korean pronunciation (i-sung).

as for it being "lost in translation" from suga's korean to japanese... japanese and korean have pretty much the same grammar and, as we've just seen, hundreds of instances in which the exact same word is being used (but inflected towards a japanese pronunciation or a korean one). japanese and korean are so close that you can even throw one into google translate and get results that actually make perfect sense in the other language.

that being said,
this is a pretty likely understanding of his meaning^^
he is possibly saying whether the person he's talking to is a lover or not, it's most important that there is the feeling of matching between them.

my only beef with that is that the whole interview is about romance and love stories and suga has also said stuff like this before. he has rapped about "sending girls AND boys to hong kong" (a korean euphemism for giving somebody a strong orgasm) with the movements of his talented rapper's tongue.

but yeah,
the fangirls in this thread saying it's a mistranslation and that oppa apparently "was just talkign about other types of girls" are making up bullshit because they're scared oppa might actually additionally like boys.

To me that rapper's tongue he talks about seems to be his rapping ability, which he is saying is so good that it makes everyone want to reach orgasm :ahmagah:

#60 Seulgi's Gf

Seulgi's Gf

bun breadhyun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

we need more bisexual idols tbh

Up, Up and Away!