Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUILD

Ex-Hello Venus Ara is Now Listed as An Actress under UrbanWorks Entertainment

Pledis Entertainment idol Ara Yoo (also known as stage name, Yooara or first name, Ara), most popularly known as having been the leader and one of the main vocalists of South Korean girl group Hello Venus, is now listed as an actress under UrbanWorks Entertainment.

http://m.blog.naver.com/urbanwent/220187765603

%C0%AF%BE%C6%B6%F3.jpg?type=w2

Current Speculation:

It is believed by some that she is still under Pledis, seeing as 

1. she still had some time in her contract
  2. most believe that she would choose to go to Fantagio as not only could they offer her as good or better an acting gig than UrbanWorks, but her former members are there as well

What's Happened So Far:

In May of 2013, Hello Venus came back with their third Mini Album titled, Would You Stay For Tea? (ì°¨ 마실래?). Following their concluding promotions, Hello Venus was put on a hiatus that cumulatively lasted one year. Near the end of that year long period on July 31st, 2014, Tricell Media (Pledis x Fantagio for the sake of Hello Venus) announced that they had decided to terminate their partnership and thus the joint Hello Venus project would be discontinued. As such, the members who originated from Fantagio would return exclusively to Fantagio and those from Pledis exclusively to Pledis. The remaining four members of Hello Venus would continue on under Fantagio's exclusive management, while the two of Pledis were stated to pursue "various activities".

they all leave their groups to "study" but eventually they debut in few weeks / months

is school that fast? 

Thats used more as an excuse for leaving than actually doing it lol. 

they all leave their groups to "study" but eventually they debut in few weeks / months

is school that fast? 

What has that to do with Ara? She didn't leave Hello Venus for studying, but because Pledis and Fantiago ended their collaboration project.

I'm happy she escaped...now Yoonjo needs to save herself too.

Freedom! :lol:

LOL What if that was actually her leaving Pledis hahahaha

I wonder if Pledis replaced Fantagio with UrbanWorks for their acting needs or did Ara just leave Pledis for UrbanWorks.

Ara you can't leave Yoonjo behind! You have to go back behind enemy lines and save her!!

Who am I kidding, who would want to go back :l ... goddamn you Pledis! 

Ara you can't leave Yoonjo behind! You have to go back behind enemy lines and save her!!

:har:

Any news on Yoonjo?

Nothing yet she has just been going to school and hanging out with her friends for the last 2 months.

OMG?!?!?! Does this mean she's gonna focus on acting now? Best of luck, I guess. The acting scene is becoming over-saturated with idols so it's gonna be hard to establish herself (even without the bias against idols). Whatever makes you happy I guess  :cry:

According to Yoonjo's ig they're still hanging out after the disbandment (they celebrated Ara's birthday together, plus a couple of pic, and you can hear her voice in the background of some videos), so I guess they're either both under Pledis or both out. I'm not familiar with Pledis, but usually agencies don't let their artists post pic with former members...

According to Yoonjo's ig they're still hanging out after the disbandment (they celebrated Ara's birthday together, plus a couple of pic, and you can hear her voice in the background of some videos), so I guess they're either both under Pledis or both out. I'm not familiar with Pledis, but usually agencies don't let their artists post pic with former members...

Well this is really recent information. Depending on when you saw that post, that could be irrelevant seeing as we're talking about only a few days or so ago if that. If you mean since the disbandment, then you should know that the disbandment was a split between the members of each agency. Both Yooara and Yoonjo were Pledis original artists.  :lol:

Well this is really recent information. Depending on when you saw that post, that could be irrelevant seeing as we're talking about only a few days or so ago if that. If you mean since the disbandment, then you should know that the disbandment was a split between the members of each agency. Both Yooara and Yoonjo were Pledis original artists.  :lol:

Yes I know, what I meant is after Ara and Yoonjo left Hello Venus/were withdrawn, but I'm not sure about the date of the posts.

What has that to do with Ara? She didn't leave Hello Venus for studying, but because Pledis and Fantiago ended their collaboration project.

!!!

I wish I can + you 1000 times.

I'm crying. YOU WIN!

She also has a good voice, it's pretty a waste if she just becomes an actress without singing :( She's really pretty tho imo.

Yes I know, what I meant is after Ara and Yoonjo left Hello Venus/were withdrawn, but I'm not sure about the date of the posts.

I see. Well as far as we know, this has just happened and any of those instagram updates that you talk about happened a bit earlier on.

Might be that she is under Pledis but her acting career is managed by Urbanworks Ent, people seem to forget that urban works is the producer of running man and some of the sbs shows.

Here at 2:30 Kim Jong Kook mentioned that he is close with Pledis ceo, it might have also played the factor in her joining Urban works.

Might be that she is under Pledis but her acting career is managed by Urbanworks Ent, people seem to forget that urban works is the producer of running man and some of the sbs shows.

Here at 2:30 Kim Jong Kook mentioned that he is close with Pledis ceo, it might have also played the factor in her joining Urban works.

Nah we know that they produce all those programs. We're just not sure.

Who knows

Toggle Hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Mog, November 26, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Mog, November 26, 2014 - No reason given

oh thank you for this info about urban (at least for me)

I personally only know that it's related with Kim Jong Kook but I didn't know about running man and 'pledis' part. So thanks!