Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Ex-Hello Venus Ara is Now Listed as An Actress under UrbanWorks Entertainment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 GUILD

GUILD

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:11 PM (Edited by GuiLD, 21 November 2014 - 05:35 PM.)

Pledis Entertainment idol Ara Yoo (also known as stage name, Yooara or first name, Ara), most popularly known as having been the leader and one of the main vocalists of South Korean girl group Hello Venus, is now listed as an actress under UrbanWorks Entertainment.

http://m.blog.naver....nt/220187765603

%C0%AF%BE%C6%B6%F3.jpg?type=w2

Current Speculation:

It is believed by some that she is still under Pledis, seeing as 

1. she still had some time in her contract
  2. most believe that she would choose to go to Fantagio as not only could they offer her as good or better an acting gig than UrbanWorks, but her former members are there as well

What's Happened So Far:

In May of 2013, Hello Venus came back with their third Mini Album titled, Would You Stay For Tea? (차 마실래?). Following their concluding promotions, Hello Venus was put on a hiatus that cumulatively lasted one year. Near the end of that year long period on July 31st, 2014, Tricell Media (Pledis x Fantagio for the sake of Hello Venus) announced that they had decided to terminate their partnership and thus the joint Hello Venus project would be discontinued. As such, the members who originated from Fantagio would return exclusively to Fantagio and those from Pledis exclusively to Pledis. The remaining four members of Hello Venus would continue on under Fantagio's exclusive management, while the two of Pledis were stated to pursue "various activities".

#2 Arrogant Spooky

Arrogant Spooky

Idol

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

they all leave their groups to "study" but eventually they debut in few weeks / months

is school that fast? 

#3 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

they all leave their groups to "study" but eventually they debut in few weeks / months

is school that fast? 

Thats used more as an excuse for leaving than actually doing it lol. 

#4 creamcake

creamcake

开在春风里

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

is school that fast? 

What has that to do with Ara? She didn't leave Hello Venus for studying, but because Pledis and Fantiago ended their collaboration project.

#5 DragonFury

DragonFury

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:22 PM (Edited by DragonFury, 21 November 2014 - 05:22 PM.)

47kg, my ass. No way that's accurate. 

#6 Helbi

Helbi

Hello Cupid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:24 PM (Edited by 8Venuses, 21 November 2014 - 05:26 PM.)

I'm happy she escaped...now Yoonjo needs to save herself too.

Freedom! :lol:

#7 GUILD

GUILD

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm happy she escaped...now Yoonjo needs to save herself too.

Freedom! :lol:

LOL What if that was actually her leaving Pledis hahahaha

#8 a(mber)

a(mber)

#FUMforlife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,922 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

:shock:

well, I hope all goes well. I still want a solo debut though :lol:

#9 Jck122

Jck122

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

LOL What if that was actually her leaving Pledis hahahaha

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#10 Remus

Remus

ᕮᒪᐯᥣᔕ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

I wonder if Pledis replaced Fantagio with UrbanWorks for their acting needs or did Ara just leave Pledis for UrbanWorks.

#11 neojasnee

neojasnee

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

Any news on Yoonjo?

#12 Raidriar

Raidriar

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Ara you can't leave Yoonjo behind! You have to go back behind enemy lines and save her!!

Who am I kidding, who would want to go back :l ... goddamn you Pledis! 

#13 GUILD

GUILD

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Ara you can't leave Yoonjo behind! You have to go back behind enemy lines and save her!!

:har:

#14 Helbi

Helbi

Hello Cupid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

Any news on Yoonjo?

Nothing yet she has just been going to school and hanging out with her friends for the last 2 months.

#15 S k y e

S k y e

spaceship candy (◡‿◡✿)

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

OMG?!?!?! Does this mean she's gonna focus on acting now? Best of luck, I guess. The acting scene is becoming over-saturated with idols so it's gonna be hard to establish herself (even without the bias against idols). Whatever makes you happy I guess  :cry:

#16 fujimoto mikitty

fujimoto mikitty

Debutee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

Ugh

#17 WhateverBitch

WhateverBitch

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

According to Yoonjo's ig they're still hanging out after the disbandment (they celebrated Ara's birthday together, plus a couple of pic, and you can hear her voice in the background of some videos), so I guess they're either both under Pledis or both out. I'm not familiar with Pledis, but usually agencies don't let their artists post pic with former members...

#18 GUILD

GUILD

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:37 PM (Edited by GuiLD, 22 November 2014 - 02:37 PM.)

According to Yoonjo's ig they're still hanging out after the disbandment (they celebrated Ara's birthday together, plus a couple of pic, and you can hear her voice in the background of some videos), so I guess they're either both under Pledis or both out. I'm not familiar with Pledis, but usually agencies don't let their artists post pic with former members...

Well this is really recent information. Depending on when you saw that post, that could be irrelevant seeing as we're talking about only a few days or so ago if that. If you mean since the disbandment, then you should know that the disbandment was a split between the members of each agency. Both Yooara and Yoonjo were Pledis original artists.  :lol:

#19 WhateverBitch

WhateverBitch

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:01 PM (Edited by WhateverBitch, 22 November 2014 - 04:01 PM.)

Well this is really recent information. Depending on when you saw that post, that could be irrelevant seeing as we're talking about only a few days or so ago if that. If you mean since the disbandment, then you should know that the disbandment was a split between the members of each agency. Both Yooara and Yoonjo were Pledis original artists.  :lol:

Yes I know, what I meant is after Ara and Yoonjo left Hello Venus/were withdrawn, but I'm not sure about the date of the posts.

#20 Shinychan

Shinychan

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

What has that to do with Ara? She didn't leave Hello Venus for studying, but because Pledis and Fantiago ended their collaboration project.

!!!

I wish I can + you 1000 times.

I'm crying. YOU WIN!

Up, Up and Away!