Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PShell

Real Sexism - VOLLEYBALL

Women's Volleyball uniform - spandex tight shorts that cling to body

Explanation:  They need these tight shorts to properly play

I would  post some high school examples but you can just know there are thousands of creep shots of HS Girls butts and crotches online from pervs who go to their games.  These girls can be as young as 13-14.

volleyball-jump-spike-strength-and-power

Men Uniforms for volleyball

explanation: relaxed, comfortable, and easy to move in.

M1V2010C023.jpg

GetImage.asmx?Type=Normal&No=201129841

So what do you think?  Why do volleyball girls still all wear these outfits while bending over in front of tons of fans and dads?

Also its mostly women who defend these outfits and continue it being worn.  Most men understand how sexual it is but it seems like women and the girls themselves defend it. 

WHy do women like to arouse men so much?

I think it's better to do sport with spandex type of clothing

And men can't wear this type of clothing because we will see their crotch

I think it's better to do sport with spandex type of clothing

And men can't wear this type of clothing because we will see their crotch

It's not sexist just practical.

lol

its more practical to wear normal shorts with spandex underneath.  You feel a lot more comfortable not having a camel toe or your cheeks hanging out in front of a bunch of parents and fans.

I know girls are more used to be dressed in tight and barely there clothes but it doesn't make sense to force every single girl who plays volleyball to be on such display while bending over and etc.  For swimming or something I understand but there is no need for spandex shorts only.

Southington%252520JV%252520vs.%252520Far

notice the crowd?

You do realize that men and women are equipped differently under those shorts right?

I'm a guy and I wish I could wear some tight spandex shorts for my workouts, without feeling my dick and balls being painfully pushed inside my body. It's unfortunately very uncomfortable for me.

You do realize that men and women are equipped differently under those shorts right?

yeah girls need spandex shorts in order to do any diving or moving

nope, you can be just as active with gym shorts as spandex shorts. 

If it was an advantage the professional male volleyball players wouldn't wear baggy shorts

Proof it.

notice the crowd?

I notice not a single one is actually looking at the girl. Most look like bored dads.

This is college girl.. wont post any HS in this thread.

yep looks totally practical and theres no way she could move around with gym shorts on over these.

I mean how could she even bend over or dive with shorts on instead of spandex?

Inp77.jpg

HERE is a guy college volleyball player

notice how he is unable to play well because of his shorts.

bilde?Site=BH&Date=20130508&Category=SPO

It's like he is playing with weights and unable to move around because of his baggy shorts. 

volleyball player here

2 years at a Catholic school-had to wear long baggy shorts or tights/leggings with a skirt

transfered schools and wore the short shorts and honestly i didnt feel like i had better agility or edge with wearing the short shorts. some players might claim there is an edge, but i wonder if the have played in an alternative uniform

i never thought about them being sexist before, but they really are

lol

its more practical to wear normal shorts with spandex underneath.  You feel a lot more comfortable not having a camel toe or your cheeks hanging out in front of a bunch of parents and fans.

I know girls are more used to be dressed in tight and barely there clothes but it doesn't make sense to force every single girl who plays volleyball to be on such display while bending over and etc.  For swimming or something I understand but there is no need for spandex shorts only.

notice the crowd?

Nope, it's not. I tried doing this a long time ago because I believed that if I sweat more, I will lose more weight. And it's really not confortable

And it's normal for all the girls to wear the same type of uniform

I saw nothing wrong with the photo. It just seems like a bunch of parent being bored to death

volleyball player here

2 years at a Catholic school-had to wear long baggy shorts or tights/leggings with a skirt

transfered schools and wore the short shorts and honestly i didnt feel like i had better agility or edge with wearing the short shorts. some players might claim there is an edge, but i wonder if the have played in an alternative uniform

i never thought about them being sexist before, but they really are

yep

it's funny to see people talking about how AGILE and QUICK spandex makes you lol.  It's completely imaginary and no evidence especially when top athletes in basketball, male volleyball, and other sports wear baggy shorts fine.

There's also tons of alternatives like shorts with slits on the inseam and the huge variety of stretchy materials available today.

It's almost like they are just programmed into thinking "spandex is good for girls to move around" without thinking about it. Especially when every girl is forced to wear these hugging and tight clothes if they want to play. 

what's your opinion about mma fights? is that men trying to arouse women as well?

First.

Each fighter chooses his own shorts, it's not a forced uniform and there are many varieties.  Each fighter, individually, picks what he is comfortable with.

A volleyball uniform is just that, a forced uniform the girl must wear to play.

Second

MMA involves grappling and the tight spandex helps during grappling so that the opponent can't pull on it or use it.   A wrestling sport is not comparable in function to a ball game that doesn't involve grabbing other people. 

Spandex DOES make you more agile and quick (speed skating, swimming, etc.) and for some sports, it's safer to prevent snagging, etc., but this is only the case for certain sports and I don't think volleyball falls within that category. So you could be right about the sexist thing. This could have to do with specific sport culture that has slowly developed over the years that has to do with attracting fans and thus funding (look at women's wear in tennis too).

First.

Each fighter chooses his own shorts, it's not a forced uniform and there are many varieties.  Each fighter, individually, picks what he is comfortable with.

Second

MMA involves grappling and the tight spandex helps during grappling so that the opponent can't pull on it or use it.   A wrestling sport is not comparable in function to a ball game that doesn't involve grabbing other people. 

but maybe they should wear shirts, just to make sure some girl don't get aroused?

what's your opinion about mma fights? is that men trying to arouse women as well?

First.

Second

^This

And it's not difficult to surmise why it's impractical to wear a shirt while grappling. There is no practical reason why all girls should be forced to wear spandex micro-shorts to play volleyball.

but maybe they should wear shirts, just to make sure some girl don't get aroused?

There's a difference between 13 year old girl volleyball players and professional MMA fighters.  I think it should be at least an option for them to wear gym shorts over the top of their spandex if they want. 

lol

notice the crowd?

what exactly is the problem?most of them  appear not to even be paying attention to the game

Don't you know? Men are the only people who have been perverts in the history of humanity.

Women getting aroused by shirtless men? Impossible and irrelevant!

yep

it's funny to see people talking about how AGILE and QUICK spandex makes you lol.  It's completely imaginary and no evidence especially when top athletes in basketball, male volleyball, and other sports wear baggy shorts fine.

There's also tons of alternatives like shorts with slits on the inseam and the huge variety of stretchy materials available today.

It's almost like they are just programmed into thinking "spandex is good for girls to move around" without thinking about it. Especially when every girl is forced to wear these hugging and tight clothes if they want to play. 

Not for the average sport, but for weightlifting spandex or compression suits/shorts do help quite a bit on squatting.

Then there's this study:

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/the-benefits-of-compression-clothing-35846

Don't you know? Men are the only people who have been perverts in the history of humanity.

Women getting aroused by shirtless men? Impossible and irrelevant!

The male sexual drive is MUCH higher than female sexual drive and easier to trigger with a wider selection criteria. 

Either way thats only a small part of the argument.

I can sum them up here for you.

Parts of the argument for a baggy shorts option.

1. Make the girl feel comfortable or have a choice instead of spandex tights.

2. Lessens the attraction of perverts or arousal from male spectators. see wide range of photos online of volleyball girls.

3. There is really no competitive advantage to only wearing tight spandex.

4.  Male volleyball players all wear baggy shorts fine.

love how all 3 rationalizers so far happen to be notorious horny straight males who are here to fap to female idols in short shorts. there couldn't possibly be a connection.