OneHallyu

How did you get into anime?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Sailor Moon as a kid on tv -> remembering it years later -> downloads episodes -> discovers other animes -> watches them -> gets into k-pop -> the end

I just tried anime today for the first time. My sister used to watch it and I've wanted to try it for a while, and since I'm taking a Japanese class rn I thought it would be a good time to start watch

i watch the anime since i was a kid on TV  so dun really know how i got in to it 

Inuyasha. The manga was one of the few English language books available in a library I visited so I read it, and then I went looking for the anime to watch (I only ever watched a couple of those), but that's what introduced me.

• Like 1

Well..... when I was about 4, I watched Ponyo...... then I didn't watch anime after that until I was in 5th grade. I was really into vampires (still am a little), and I broke my ankle and was not allowed out of my bed for a week (FUN), and I binged all of my favorite shows until there was nothing to watch. Since most of the thing that I watched involved vampires, I was recommended "Vampire Knight". So I thought' "What the hay? Why not? If I don't like it, I'll stop watching it." ...... I finished it all in a day and a half. Then I started watching "Soul Eater" and then I lost track after that. From the moment I pressed play on "Vampire Knight" until this very moment, my life has been surrounded by anime.

• 1 month later...

Guess what, doraemon got me into anime! Why? Im captivated and amazed by the stunt that can be pulled by the blue cat. 1stly, logic doesnt apply to that blue cat. A robot needs to eat like human, scared of mouse. Endless magic and sorcery that can fit in the pocket somewhat like the mask. Then i got into slam dunk recommebed by fren, i just like hilarious stuffs.

• 1 month later...

i had watched a couple in the past, then an idol i liked played Edward in fullmetal alchemist, so then i watch the anime too and loved it and i liked that the voice actor was the same guy from ouran high school host club, so then i started looking into all good anime that people suggested

• 3 months later...

I guess I got passionate about animation since very young. My earliest memory would be Marco and kinda got obsessed with all things animation. I really got into anime before even it was called Japanimation or even the term "anime" was a thing in the West.

Dunno if anyone remembers the times of getting subbed VHS. Trading for it with no internet. Having to go to Japanese cultural centers or conventions for the latest goodies. I kinda was lucky as Korean VHS stores had more variety of animes available as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Dragon Ball? But the one that really touched me was Saint Seiya. Whenever a character died in that show, it was the most emotional moment ever. Honestly, I don't think it would be a reach to say that that was the show that most respectfully portrayed death in a realistic way. It was a real goodbye. It was poetic. And showed that even if you have enemies, their lives matter as much as yours. It was beautiful. And the song? Oh, the song... The song was perfect. I cried a couple of times watching it, and I really don't cry easily.

• 1 month later...

i did watch anime on TV as a kid but never really got into it. then, one day, my friend who was really obsessed with Your Lie in April recommended me a bunch of stuff to watch and I decided to give it all a try. i quickly became very enthusiastic about it and now i watch a lot more anime than i do any other kind of series

• 2 months later...

I was home watching a movie, Fell asleep and woke up to Inuyasha and then after Yu Yu Hakusho. I Didn't fall back to asleep until 3AM as a kid just watching Anime on Adult Swim lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...