anime

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#301 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:11 AM

They had a channel called animax on my television and it aired my first ever anime that's not pokemon or dragon ball. I got hooked after that.

#302 Seth.

Seth.

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:34 AM

I was watching a stream on twitch.tv when the streamer started talking about SAO. I checked it out and I thought it was the best thing ever but now that I have watched over 200 anime, SAO is probably in the bottom %5

#303 Na11

Na11

Trainee

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Sailor Moon is what got me back into anime.

#304 mochiiijooo

mochiiijooo

Idol

• PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationJo Kwangmin's eyebags/Huang Renjun's snaggletooth

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:42 AM

Because of my brother

#305 Wonsungideuri

Wonsungideuri

Mean ass grandma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts
  • LocationSt. Mystere

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

I just tried anime today for the first time. My sister used to watch it and I've wanted to try it for a while, and since I'm taking a Japanese class rn I thought it would be a good time to start watching anime for listening practice.

#306 Akaya

Akaya

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:57 AM

Pokemon -> Yugioh -> Sailor Moon -> Tokyo Mew Mew -> Anime Trash

#307 abhimanyurox

abhimanyurox

Trainee

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationoppa

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:04 AM (Edited by abhimanyurox, 24 November 2016 - 08:06 AM.)

Partly because of the graphics, and partly because of a few friends' influence. :P Not very interesting, I was honeslty simply drawn in by the pretty graphics and interesting plots.

My first anime was a few episodes of Hetalia (other than Pokemon etc on tv) and the first anime I properly watched and which got me into anime was Guilty Crown, even though now I typically watch Slice of Life type of anime more often than action and other similar genres (I don't mind action though, I just want either emotion or laughter)

EDIT: I just remembered watching a trailer of Guilty Crown on Animax, which kind of pushed me into taking the plunge. I didn't really watch Animax (the channel) much though, I prefer to watch at my own pace.

#308 Ziyu

Ziyu

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Location曼頓咖啡精緻茶品Manton Coffee

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

Started with Yugioh originally, and because of it played the game on a competitive level (Have quit now though). After Yugioh, there was Pokemon, Naruto, One Piece, just anything that was on TV. Non mainstream anime for me started when I got to high school. This person at the time that I liked watched anime, and one of my other friends at the time who was close to them suggested me to watch Ano Hana, as it was one of their favourite animes. From Ano Hana came other animes and other genres. Fairy Tail was my next anime after that, and funnily enough, that's the only thing that I've still kept up with up to date for the moment (Manga wise). My favourite anime of all time though has to be Gurren Lagann.

#309 hellobijes

hellobijes

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationanywhere

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

because my friend keep mention about dragon ball z,digimon,pokemon and yu-gi-oh at the scholl

#310 CosmicPanda

CosmicPanda

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Locationbelgium

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

I saw it on tv since i was a kid

#311 SceneStealer

SceneStealer

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

since I was a kid. at that time I really love Saint Seiya, Doraemon and Dragon Ball :)

#312 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Watching stuff like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Pokemon mostly. It took me til a friend told me it was called anime.

#313 scavenger

scavenger

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Location(^Kiseki No Sedai^)

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

They were aired constantly on national chanels.So i just watched it like other kids.

#314 riduch

riduch

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

sunday morning tv shows, in 1990-2005 something.

But I don't consider myself as an anime lover, since I only watch a few, the best ones lol

#315 UNAGI DON

UNAGI DON

Trainee

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

they used to show gigantor on the sci-fi channel when i was younger. that doesn't show my age at all...hahaha

#316 kirifuda

kirifuda

Idol

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationThe Joe

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

I grew up with it. I was exposed to it by Cartoon Network in the 90s. I grew up watching shows such as DBZ, Pokemon, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, Outlaw Star, etc. Too be honest, if you were from my generation and didn't know what anime was, you probably lived under a rock. We had a whole day dedicated to trading Pokemon cards at my school growing up.

they used to show gigantor on the sci-fi channel when i was younger. that doesn't show my age at all...hahaha

I never had the Scifi channel as a kid.

#317 BlinkBaby

BlinkBaby

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationIn BLACKPINK's area

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

My brother told me to watch Fairy Tail back in 2012, but I kept saying no. Until one day the just forced me to watch it with him, and I loved it from the 1st episode. And now seriously, I love anime so much. And I'm glad I started watching anime, it somehow led me to kpop. Weird but, Anime>Jdrama>Kdrama>Kpop lol

#318 Acyl

Acyl

Idol

• PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationParallel Universe

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Because of my uncle, and animax influence I think  :ahmagah:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime

Up, Up and Away!