Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
♡ Minnie ♡

What Chinese Or Taiwanese Drama Are You Currently Watching?

currently watching Love Against the Light - é€†å…‰ä¹‹æ‹ - a web drama,only 20 minutes/ep  :rlytearpls:

the main girl looks so beautiful  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

v6hngRC.jpg4827a92djw1ejnt79u0kij20qo0f00v8.jpg

Ohhh she's also in Legend of the Ancient Sword! Have you watched that show before?

The Uyghur Chinese actresses are always so gorgeous   :ahmagah:

I want to watch Empress of China. The outfits looks so pretty.

Out of curiosity... Does anybody know what is considered a very good rating for cdrama and twdrama?

I want to know too! Btw I think Empress of China got a really high rating. 

Out of curiosity... Does anybody know what is considered a very good rating for cdrama and twdrama?

I want to know too! Btw I think Empress of China got a really high rating. 

Some of the highest rated tw dramas for reference (Average | highest ep)

Fated to Love You- 7.44 | 10.91

Autumn's Concerto- 5.8 | 8.23

Prince Who Turns into a Frog- 5.8 | 6.99

My Queen- 5.69 | 7.35

Smiling Pasta- 5.28 | 6.61

It Started With a Kiss- 5.22 | 4.92

The Fierce Wife- 3.36 | 9.45

In Time With You- 2.80 | 5.51

Meteor Garden is somewhere in there too, but I only see 6.43 for ratings, and I'm not entirely sure what that's referring to.

Not as familiar with c-dramas, but these are ratings for the big ones I know about

Empress of China- 3.06 | 4.66

Bu Bu Jing Xin- 1.43 | 1.97

Legend of Zhen Huan- 0.66 | 2.09

And Huan Zhu Ge Ge but I don't think there are ratings for this using the same scale as the rest of these numbers.

In general, the numbers are pretty small, especially if you're comparing to what's considered a good rating for k-dramas. I think it's just the way the numbers are calculated, which I have no idea on the details.

Edited by hess
  • Like 1

Some of the highest rated tw dramas for reference (Average | highest ep)

Fated to Love You- 7.44 | 10.91

Autumn's Concerto- 5.8 | 8.23

Prince Who Turns into a Frog- 5.8 | 6.99

My Queen- 5.69 | 7.35

Smiling Pasta- 5.28 | 6.61

It Started With a Kiss- 5.22 | 4.92

The Fierce Wife- 3.36 | 9.45

In Time With You- 2.80 | 5.51

Meteor Garden is somewhere in there too, but I only see 6.43 for ratings, and I'm not entirely sure what that's referring to.

Not as familiar with c-dramas, but these are ratings for the big ones I know about

Empress of China- 3.06 | 4.66

Bu Bu Jing Xin- 1.43 | 1.97

Legend of Zhen Huan- 0.66 | 2.09

And Huan Zhu Ge Ge but I don't think there are ratings for this using the same scale as the rest of these numbers.

In general, the numbers are pretty small, especially if you're comparing to what's considered a good rating for k-dramas. I think it's just the way the numbers are calculated, which I have no idea on the details.

Ah I see. Ok thanks. I was really curious about it.^^

Someone Like You. It isnt groundbreaking or anything but its ok. Probably wouldnt watch if Kirsten wasnt in it though

Every single character is emo af (except kirsten's) and in a no-way-out situation it kinda gets heavy.

Does anyone know if there's eng sub for Empress of China? 

My show, The Virtuous Queen of Han, will be done in like two weeks so I am looking for new shows to watch. I like period dramas and wuxia dramas. I tend to avoid Yu Zheng's drama since the plot and characters are lacking. Also his adaptations of Jin Young's novels were terrible. 

My show, The Virtuous Queen of Han, will be done in like two weeks so I am looking for new shows to watch. I like period dramas and wuxia dramas. I tend to avoid Yu Zheng's drama since the plot and characters are lacking. Also his adaptations of Jin Young's novels were terrible. 

Not yet but raw episodes are uploaded a few days ago...I think they'll sub it soon. link

Idk any good ones, but maybe Beyond the Realm of Conscience, The Vigilantes in Masks, Legend of Zhen Huan, The Dream of the Red mansions, Mystery in the Palace? 

Not yet but raw episodes are uploaded a few days ago...I think they'll sub it soon. link

Idk any good ones, but maybe Beyond the Realm of Conscience, The Vigilantes in Masks, Legend of Zhen Huan, The Dream of the Red mansions, Mystery in the Palace? 

Thank you! I think I will wait for the sub since my chinese is lacking. 

I saw Vigilantes in Masks and Legend of Zhen Huan and they were great. 

From the summary in viki, Dream of Red Mansions seemed to be most focused on love drama so I am a bit hesitant. Plus the lack of sub. I saw like the first episode or first few minutes of Beyond the Realm of Conscience but it didn't seem like my type of drama. 

Actually Mystery in the Palace sounds pretty good.. I will try this one. Thank you again  :)

Thank you! I think I will wait for the sub since my chinese is lacking. 

I saw Vigilantes in Masks and Legend of Zhen Huan and they were great. 

From the summary in viki, Dream of Red Mansions seemed to be most focused on love drama so I am a bit hesitant. Plus the lack of sub. I saw like the first episode or first few minutes of Beyond the Realm of Conscience but it didn't seem like my type of drama. 

Actually Mystery in the Palace sounds pretty good.. I will try this one. Thank you again  :)

You're welcome! :D

Yeah, Dream of Red Mansions is basically all romance...I don't think there's a lot of action in it. I tell you if I find more dramas! 

Don't thank me  :ahmagah: It's okay! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard that too, but apparently Taiwan will still air the original version. Currently not watching anything. I'll probably watch line walker or misaeng next because of the good reviews. If you get any good historical drama recs lemme know! I was desperate to find a good historical drama to watch after LZH, but didn't have much luck. I ended up watching legend of lu zhen, and it had a very similar plot but more focus on the love lines, less developed characters, and the female lead wasn't as badass.

I'm watching 'The Sound of the Desert', female lead played by the Maertai Ruoxi in 'Scarlet Heart'.  It's quite interesting actually!  Altogether there are more than 30 episodes so if you're interested....!

Have you tried Viki.com?  I go there for all the Chinese dramas and their English subtitles are quite accurate!

I'm watching 'The Sound of the Desert', female lead played by the Maertai Ruoxi in 'Scarlet Heart'.  It's quite interesting actually!  Altogether there are more than 30 episodes so if you're interested....!

I've watched it already actually! Well mostly. I watched most of it and then the subber stopped subbing. And then I got into other dramas, and never went back to finish it, lol. But thanks for the rec! Some of the ones llyx suggested also sound good, so I'll probably check those out too~

• Like 1

I've watched it already actually! Well mostly. I watched most of it and then the subber stopped subbing. And then I got into other dramas, and never went back to finish it, lol. But thanks for the rec! Some of the ones llyx suggested also sound good, so I'll probably check those out too~

I wouldn't watch 'Dream of the Red Chamber' though (one of ilyx's recommendations) because that story is pretty much a Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet.

Have you tried Viki.com?  I go there for all the Chinese dramas and their English subtitles are quite accurate!

Yeah I checked and I didn't find any sub for Empress of China. 

If you get any good historical drama recs lemme know! I was desperate to find a good historical drama to watch after LZH, but didn't have much luck.

I would recommend The Mu Saga. It's not very well known but it's a good historical drama. Its setting, dynasty and style are very different from LZH so it might take a few episodes to get used to the new setting. And it has more fighting than LZH but there are also wits involved like in LZH. 

http://youtu.be/H2i7GsxKfz8

I wouldn't watch 'Dream of the Red Chamber' though (one of ilyx's recommendations) because that story is pretty much a Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet.

Yeah, already planned on skipping over that one since llyx and ring were saying it's mostly focused on the romance. Thanks llyx btw for your recs~ 

Yeah I checked and I didn't find any sub for Empress of China. 

I would recommend The Mu Saga. It's not very well known but it's a good historical drama. Its setting, dynasty and style are very different from LZH so it might take a few episodes to get used to the new setting. And it has more fighting than LZH but there are also wits involved like in LZH. 

http://youtu.be/H2i7GsxKfz8

Last I heard, there weren't any subs yet.

And awesome, I'll put it on my list! You got my interest with the wit. I'm pretty open to giving anything a try, don't mind too much about it being different from LZH. 

Yeah, already planned on skipping over that one since llyx and ring were saying it's mostly focused on the romance. Thanks llyx btw for your recs~ 

I think I'm going to watch 'The Chinese Paladin' after this, but it's quite old.  I don't know... urghh... the more I watch Chinese drama, the more I find k-drama really bland- it's only the good-looking guys which are worth my while, yet 99.9% of them are underwent PS  :lol:

I think I'm going to watch 'The Chinese Paladin' after this, but it's quite old.  I don't know... urghh... the more I watch Chinese drama, the more I find k-drama really bland- it's only the good-looking guys which are worth my while, yet 99.9% of them are underwent PS  :lol:

Never heard of it, is it even subbed? Meh, I think there are good and bad dramas in both. Definitely have been more into c-dramas lately though. So much to watch, not enough time to watch it all! I used to be able to watch bad dramas for hot actors, I've noticed I can't do it anymore, lol. 

Never heard of it, is it even subbed? Meh, I think there are good and bad dramas in both. Definitely have been more into c-dramas lately though. So much to watch, not enough time to watch it all! I used to be able to watch bad dramas for hot actors, I've noticed I can't do it anymore, lol.

Apparenty it is made out of a popular video game with flying swordsmen and whatnot. I'm going to give it a shot because my friend's recommendations have never me down- yet. But you're right; I've only seen a handful of Chinese dramas (and they're all historical ones) and is not enough to judge them against K-dramas. Frankly, once I tasted a one Chinese historical I don't want to go back to the blandness of modern K-drama: it bores me how there is usually a love triangle with no new tactics. It's the same in the Chinese dramas which I've watched, but the plot has my interest and holds it until the very end- it didn't matter if there were no good-looking guys, the plot was enough to catch my attention.

These are the Chinese dramas I've watched so far (I'm still a newbie):

Scarlet Heart (Bu Bu Jin Xin)

The Legend of Zhen Huan

Huan Zhu Ge Ge

[Currently] Sound of the Desert

Apparenty it is made out of a popular video game with flying swordsmen and whatnot. I'm going to give it a shot because my friend's recommendations have never me down- yet. But you're right; I've only seen a handful of Chinese dramas (and they're all historical ones) and is not enough to judge them against K-dramas. Frankly, once I tasted a one Chinese historical I don't want to go back to the blandness of modern K-drama: it bores me how there is usually a love triangle with no new tactics. It's the same in the Chinese dramas which I've watched, but the plot has my interest and holds it until the very end- it didn't matter if there were no good-looking guys, the plot was enough to catch my attention.

These are the Chinese dramas I've watched so far (I'm still a newbie):

Scarlet Heart (Bu Bu Jin Xin)

The Legend of Zhen Huan

Huan Zhu Ge Ge

[Currently] Sound of the Desert

Huan Zhu Ge Ge, do you mean the new version from 2011? I heard the reviews were bad for it. I vaguely remember watching the original with my family when I was younger. Don't remember much, but I was definitely into it at the time. 

Huan Zhu Ge Ge, do you mean the new version from 2011? I heard the reviews were bad for it. I vaguely remember watching the original with my family when I was younger. Don't remember much, but I was definitely into it at the time. 

Yeah, I watched a few episodes of 2011 ver. and quit because it wasn't so good.  I heard the older version is worth it, but I already got the taste of the plot which didn't interest me.  ANDD just finished 'Sound of the Desert'... it's really good, but like 'Bu Bu Jing Xin' the ending is rather unsatisfying and crap.  

Right... I need to stop with this Chinese drama rave, otherwise my work is going to be left behind lmao

Yeah, I watched a few episodes of 2011 ver. and quit because it wasn't so good.  I heard the older version is worth it, but I already got the taste of the plot which didn't interest me.  ANDD just finished 'Sound of the Desert'... it's really good, but like 'Bu Bu Jing Xin' the ending is rather unsatisfying and crap.  

Right... I need to stop with this Chinese drama rave, otherwise my work is going to be left behind lmao

Yeah, the older version is probably worth it. But who knows if there's even subs for it. Quality might be bad too since it's so old. Welp, I'm glad I didn't go back and finish Da Mo Yao then. I was let down a bit by how things ended up in BBJX as well. Plus the main girl in Da Mo Yao was kinda getting irritating for me.

Currently watching The virtuous queen of han.  If you watched Schemes of a beauty, then this drama is a must watch as it is about the main characters in Soab grandson, emperor wu.

I'm falling so hard for Just You  :ilove:

Puff and Aaron KYAAAAA~ It's sad that I was not able to know the drama earlier...but it's better late than never  :lub: