Current Version: 2.3.7
Last update on Play/App Store: January 30, 2018
Minor bug Fixes
SuperStar SMTOWN is a South Korean rhythm game developed by Dalcomsoft Inc. and distributed by SM Entertainment. It was first launched on Google Play in August 2014. The game features songs by artists of SM Entertainment company. The game is available worldwide and the languages available are in English and Korean.
Before you play, make sure you have pretty damn good processor for better gaming experience and spacey memory since you need to download the songs on the first time you play them. If you experience lag, you can set the screen resolution to 'low'.
How to Download
Requires Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and up.
- Go to your phone settings and check on allow unknown sources to install application.
- Download QooApp apk and install.
- Download SuperStar SMTOWN apk from QooApp and install.
- QooApp will tell you when a new version is up.
Requires iOS 7 or later.
Alternative: (credits to EC and Anye)
- Go to settings.
- Go to "iTunes & App Store".
- View your Apple ID (enter your password if necessary).
- Go to “Country/Region” and change your country or region to South Korea (it should appear last on the list as “대한민국”).
- Click “Next” and then click “Agree” to accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter a random South Korean address (a friend looked up a random South Korean hotel and used their address, seems to have worked).
- Your iTunes App Store has now been switched to South Korea.
- Search for “SuperStar SMTOWN” in your iTunes and download.
- Sign up and pick a profile picture of the idols available. Don't worry about having multiple biases, you can change your profile picture anytime.
- Register your email to become a Regular Member. It will allow you to log in with your account with that email in case of data loss or other unexpected occurrence.
- Touch Sync will appear next and play f(x) Jet twice to determine your timing. Tap according to the beat that you hear instead of what you see. Once you’re satisfied, tap on “Let’s Play” button.
For further explanation about the game and how it works, go to the game's internal FAQ (the '?' in a circle on the bottom of the screen).
- Avoid wasting your time upgrading big groups like Suju since soloists like Amber will give you a higher score at a fraction of the cost. (cr. evil4life)
- When a group member leaves a group, save up their cards since you can trade all of them for any other card in the game when the time comes for Dalcom to remove them from the system. (cr. evil4life)
SM Artists who also play SuperStar SMTOWN (cr.)
SM Artists With Known IDs:
- Chanyeol : real__pcy (in Platinum II as of June 25, 2015)
- Taeyeon : ggtaeyeon39 (in Bronze I September 2014)
- Jonghyun : 존횬이양 (in Bronze I September 2014)
- Seulgi : Automatic♥ (in Platinum as of March 2015)
SM Artists Without Known IDs:
✨ List of OH members who play SuperStar SMTOWN ✨
sublime (Dhia) - Platinum I
RainStormz (RainStormz) - Platinum I
Burkhardt (Burk) - Platinum II
Minerva_ (ShyTink) - Platinum II
chewyy (ashleysumo) - Silver II
REDLIGHT (d00505) - Gold III
2809JK (Valkyrie_28) - Platinum III
Thayeon (Thayeon) - Platinum III
xssulx (shiluxun) - Platinum II
xingnicorn (兴饭710) - Platinum III
ruppi (ruppi) - Bronze II
Hyukjae (Gingerhyuk) - Silver II
Luchel (mchlzhng) - Platinum III
Fishball of Kpop (Heymrpiano) - Platinum I
Sonnenblume (Eiskristall) - Platinum III
Mackem (여신정유지) - Platinum III
elfxo1997 (maidoan) - Gold III
Dreamworks (인간종이태연) - Platinum III
meatball (gotnine) - Platinum I
Hypertonic (HypertonicJ) - Bronze ll
specialistSHY (Joda1129) - Platinum III
Mogwai (Mogwai) - Bronze III
Periwinklesone09 (purplejoch) - Bronze III
Salimatou (EXODADDIES) - Silver II
wei (tzuyu12345) - Platinum II
Sen-ri (Hyejeongie) - Bronze I
Kangbaekh (joykinder) - Silver I
To be added in the list, PM me and put "Superstar SMTOWN ID" on the title.
Put your info with this format:
OH username (SuperStar SM ID) - Current League
We also have a LINE group chat! PM me to join the conversation.