Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teresa&Clare

(NB) MIB's Kangnam reflects on his newfound fame

AKR20141008190900005_01_i_99_20141009072

Article: Kangnam, "The loneliness I suppressed came out on variety... I'm happy that I'm busier now"

Source: Yonhap News via Naver

"A lot of people recognize me on the streets now. They ask for autographs or pictures and every time, I feel so great and grateful." 

"Everything now just feels like a dream. I don't feel like I've done anything but the producers and the viewers looked at me positively. I can't sleep lately because I'm afraid this dream will be over. As difficult as I've had it, I'm going to keep a strong head and work hard."

-

1. [+6,868, -49] He's really so funny lately, do well Kangnam!

2. [+4,957, -219] Thank you Kangnam for getting rid of my bias on Japanese men. You've shown me just how happy and positive someone can be. I'd like to meet a Japanese man myself someday.

3. [+3,654, -42] I'm so happy for him ^^^^

4. [+666, -6] Reminds me of Hwang Jung Eun before she got popular talking about how she had nothing in her bank account too. She had an off the wall character at the time like Kangnam. He reminds me of Noh Hong Chul at times.. and he's not just unique but really respectful too. He's endured four years of no spotlight so I wish him the best of luck from here on out.

5. [+657, -4] So sad that he can't sleep because he's afraid this dream will be over... I'm sure all celebrities who receive sudden fame and attention feel the same but it's sad anyway ã…  He will get hurt once it fades but I hope he doesn't get too hurt by the industry and continues to promote as fine as he is now ><

6. [+635, -7] I'm sure there are a lot of talented kids like Kangnam out there, just that they're all under powerless companies that are never given opportunities. I'm tired of the same boring kids from the same companies, let's cast some fresh faces. 

-
1412866785600_99_20141010001702.jpg

Article: 'War of Words' Kangnam, "The reason MIB never got popular? Because EXO's too cool"

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+7,973, -520] EXO's only this big because they're under SM. Just being an SM trainee grants you a certain amount of attention, same goes for YG.

2. [+6,288, -93] Seems that a celebrity is better off getting popular through a variety show. I've always known about MIB but I see Kangnam in a new light now ã…‹ã…‹ I wish him more success as a singer!!

3. [+5,728, -327] Being under the right company is important but so is how good your song is

4. [+697, -10] Even if Kangnam has gotten this popular through varieties, if he wants to get popular as a singer, he needs a good song. Look at ZE:A, for example. Kwanghee and Hyungshik both got popular off of variety shows and Siwan's in acting with high public recognition and yet their songs still fail as a group. Now that you have the public recognition, go make a good song to live up to it.

5. [+542, -38] 100% reliant on the power of the company. How could you beat SM and YG's management. Look at Mix & Match. IKON hasn't even debuted yet and they have so many fans already. 

6. [+504, -33] Imagine if Kangnam was under YG or SM, where he'd be right now....

+7,973, -520] EXO's only this big because they're under SM. Just being an SM trainee grants you a certain amount of attention, same goes for YG.

Well, their debut 'MAMA' didn't make them that big even though they are under SM. Growl and Wolf did. So it's all thank to the music and the right. management.

2. [+4,957, -219] Thank you Kangnam for getting rid of my bias on Japanese men. You've shown me just how happy and positive someone can be. I'd like to meet a Japanese man myself someday.

:lol:

+7,973, -520] EXO's only this big because they're under SM. Just being an SM trainee grants you a certain amount of attention, same goes for YG.

Well, their debut 'MAMA' didn't make them big even though they are under SM.

B.A.P was more notable than them .... EXO had a huge influenced on this ...

Well, their debut 'MAMA' didn't make them big even though they are under SM.

They sold more albums than Beast and Infinite, and that was their debut

Maybe I should start watching one of his shows

Glad he's happy now

[+504, -33] Imagine if Kangnam was under YG or SM, where he'd be right now....

Back off!

he is so ugly but then again i find all boygroups except bigbang unattractive

3.5/5 of big bang is ugly

I'm glad he's getting attention and praises,M.I.B deserves more love

why people hating tho. He's such a nice guy. not to say they have good music too.  :) I wish you guys all the best! <3

So after his new found fame I browse his video and found this little gem, he can sing trot splendidly   :smile: 

(I have soft spot with idol who can sing trot song )

Well, their debut 'MAMA' didn't make them that big even though they are under SM. Growl and Wolf did. So it's all thank to the music and the right. management.

but w o l f

: [