Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTutron

General Gaming Thread

People are still paying for XBL right now. lol. XBL is one of the most profitable parts of Microsoft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony starts charging for their online when PS4 comes too. they're adding alotttt of features. but I really hope they don't charge.

I meant still trying to get people to pay for XBL on the new Xbox, I knew it was still being charged for the 360; one of the reasons I stopped using mine and switched to PC.  :thatsgreat:

Yeah, PS+ is basically XBL but actually worth the money every month. If they keep the PS+ thing with the PS4 Sony is definitely going to win the next generation.

The 360 was shitty, Especially compared to what the PS3 has to offer but people will still buy it...Especially Americans

Just look at RROD..that didn't stop people from buying it over and over again.

and I highly dbout that sony would charge people just to play online. Play station Plus is a great benefit and many people buy that. 

and the PS3 has more sales than the 360 despite releasing a year later and costing $600 at launch and continues to beat it every week in sales.

Microsoft doesn't have the releasing a year earlier advantage anymore

• Dislike 1

I think a bulk of 360 sales were from people buying new ones since they got RROD'ed

360 failed miserably in Japan. It doesn't even get 1k sales a week, barley gets 500.

I could see Sony charging just because Playstation is one of the only departments that is still profitable for them. 

Playstation Plus is great though. I hope Nintendo implements a premium service, like with free virtual consoles every month or something. that'd be sweeet

If they were to charge then it could very well backfire...since that is the reason why alot of people chose them instead of microsoft...and they spoke against it so many times already and like to tout the free online alot. and really that would be just greedy of them.

Nintendo and sony's gaming division should just merge. Nintendo Primarily in charge of making the handheld, Sony primarily in charge of  making consoles and they bring their games over to each other...Imagine the possibilities.... PSAS X smash bros....Zelda X Gran Turismo (Cars would be a great way for link to travel).... Mario X Uncharted X Little big planet...Metroid X Killzone...God of war X Animal crossing...The possiblites are endless.

They could call themselves Son-indo

haha I don't think that'd ever happen. But I would love to see a collab between them or at least cross console communication.
Allow PS4 and Wii U owners to play with one another online, that type of stuff~ 

but...but there are some really good psp games too. Especially the best rpg i've played this gen which was Trails in the Sky. They would never merge but they would blow microsoft away if they did.

i don't see sony charging for online play or making ps+ mandatory or anything like that. Their main draw is great exclusives and free online play. But if they reclaim the lead over microsoft this next gen, i honestly wouldn't put it past them to do it then.

did you seriously say god of war X animal crossing :lol: That's like saying a Yakuza x Pikman crossover.

Yeah but  more people like Nintendo's handhelds and Nintendo knows how to make a successful handheld....Just look at the Vita..the PSP GO.....and the PSP was hot at the start but thats it. Really there isn't room for anyone else anymore...There is Nintendo and then there is mobile thats it.

i understand nintendo is way more popular but i have a psp and a ds and i have put much more time on my psp. the 3DS is definately stacked right now though with the current and future releases. I want to play SMT4 but i have no 3DS...

playing Digital Devil Saga 1 lately on the ps2. Man i forgot how frustrating all the mudo/hama bullshit is sometimes. At least it's not gameover when the leader gets hit with it though.

Gave up on platinuming Catherine again out of frustration trying to get gold rankings on hard mode. Will try again months later probably.

Soul Calibur V is £12 and I don't know if I want to buy it -.-

Should I?

As per usual (The 3DS is an exception) I won't even think about purchasing a PS4/New Xbox until I see some interesting that-gen games. A good library is what it needs for me, otherwise there's no point buying it.

Offtopic but JULIANNABEARRRRRRRRRR <3

I'm hoping ATLUS will announce the status of Persona 5 soon. There is a possibility that it might be released on the PS4, meaning I gotta start emptying my bank. ):

Also I hope Square-Enix releases more on FFX/X-2HD at E3, 

i highly doubt Persona 5 will be for ps4. P3 (outside of japan at least) and P4 were both released on ps2 after PS3 was already out. But if it is ps4 only, that's the kind of game that will make me want to get a ps4 earlier.

tumblr_mmduqgJ9xI1rl0qs8o1_500.png

tumblr_mmduu3eSeg1rl0qs8o1_500.jpg

Good Lord! They haven't even finished putting out the Sims 3 expansions yet, and they still have 2 stuff packs!

Coming to PC and Mac 2014

Soul Calibur V is £12 and I don't know if I want to buy it -.-

Should I?

As per usual (The 3DS is an exception) I won't even think about purchasing a PS4/New Xbox until I see some interesting that-gen games. A good library is what it needs for me, otherwise there's no point buying it.

SC5 isn't bad, I would say the offline is better and the balance is improve over 4. Though I don't feel the game itself has change much from 4, aside from a few features. And I was a bit piss some characters were replaced, albeit they were simply a new skin over an old character and the character creation isn't too bad.

And ditto with the new systems. Right now, these new systems haven't impress me. But I tend to wait till at least 1-2 years after the release, knowing full well most systems will get an improve version later.

sigh. if people cared so much about KH3 they should actually read what i have posted in previous Square/RPG threads (on H8) or do a little research.  No KH3 until Versus. Stop begging for it.

sigh. if people cared so much about KH3 they should actually read what i have posted in previous Square/RPG threads (on H8) or do a little research.  No KH3 until Versus. Stop begging for it.

Oh, I know. Squenix have said that the KH team is working on Versus, so common sense says that KH3 isn't going to be released until after Versus.

And then you have those complaining that Squenix is 'too busy making FFXIII games to make Versus' which is complete BS considering that Versus and the XIII series are made by two different teams within the 1st Production Department ¬.¬

People really do need to know their facts, like jeez.

SC5 isn't bad, I would say the offline is better and the balance is improve over 4. Though I don't feel the game itself has change much from 4, aside from a few features. And I was a bit piss some characters were replaced, albeit they were simply a new skin over an old character and the character creation isn't too bad.

I love Character Creation so that's the part of SC5 that I'll fall in love with the most. So I've decided to buy it because it's cheap :)

Oh, I know. Squenix have said that the KH team is working on Versus, so common sense says that KH3 isn't going to be released until after Versus.

And then you have those complaining that Squenix is 'too busy making FFXIII games to make Versus' which is complete BS considering that Versus and the XIII series are made by two different teams within the 1st Production Department ¬.¬

People really do need to know their facts, like jeez.

I love Character Creation so that's the part of SC5 that I'll fall in love with the most. So I've decided to buy it because it's cheap :)

It's the cool thing to do to hate on Squeenix now. It's annoying how very little of the hate is valid. Like Versus hasn't been in full development for that long. They announced that they only had their full team working on it after 13 went gold. So it's only been in full development for 3-4 years which makes it perfect timing for a re-reveal at E3 this year as FF15. :)

The worse people are the people that post on the PSblog demanding psone/ps2 classics. They don't realize how much work needs to be done to get even one game on there. Plus it's up to those devs and publishers not sony. There's licensing issues, companies that don't exist anymore, maybe somebody that owned the rights to something died. It took the people of Arc The Lad 2-3 years to get all of the things neccessary to put that game up on there. Not a lot of companies are going to go through that trouble to sell a psone game today.

It's the cool thing to do to hate on Squeenix now. It's annoying how very little of the hate is valid. Like Versus hasn't been in full development for that long. They announced that they only had their full team working on it after 13 went gold. So it's only been in full development for 3-4 years which makes it perfect timing for a re-reveal at E3 this year as FF15. :)

The worse people are the people that post on the PSblog demanding psone/ps2 classics. They don't realize how much work needs to be done to get even one game on there. Plus it's up to those devs and publishers not sony. There's licensing issues, companies that don't exist anymore, maybe somebody that owned the rights to something died. It took the people of Arc The Lad 2-3 years to get all of the things neccessary to put that game up on there. Not a lot of companies are going to go through that trouble to sell a psone game today.

Well Squeenix has a date set for the next reveal of Versus XIII so it shouldn't be long. But I think they'll be focusing more on Lightning Returns this year, which is looking great if I do say so myself. I just don't like how it's just Lightning now :(

So I'd expect some Versus maybe at TGS or early 2014. And if we're lucky, maybe a tease at E3.

Well Squeenix has a date set for the next reveal of Versus XIII so it shouldn't be long. But I think they'll be focusing more on Lightning Returns this year, which is looking great if I do say so myself. I just don't like how it's just Lightning now :(

So I'd expect some Versus maybe at TGS or early 2014. And if we're lucky, maybe a tease at E3.

its battle system looks somewhat similar to Crisis Core to me. That's only from the quick trailer i've seen though. Her costume looks ugly in it...

its battle system looks somewhat similar to Crisis Core to me. That's only from the quick trailer i've seen though. Her costume looks ugly in it...

Oh, oh the outfit. It's just...oh dear.

I really hope that they have good alt. outfits because the default one is coming off as soon as possible.

I think FFXIII-2 is the only game I've been bothered to 100%

All that for..

Caius basically laughing in my face for 100%ing, telling that there's nothing I can do to stop him from winning ¬.¬

Oh, oh the outfit. It's just...oh dear.

I really hope that they have good alt. outfits because the default one is coming off as soon as possible.

I think FFXIII-2 is the only game I've been bothered to 100%

All that for..

Caius basically laughing in my face for 100%ing, telling that there's nothing I can do to stop him from winning ¬.¬

well Square is now on the dlc bandwagon so i'm sure there'll be alt costume dlc. They should get Oshima Yuko to design another one like she did for xiii-2 :lol:

how is xiii-2? I platinum'd xiii but was kinda worried about the sequel. They seem to be too phased by all the fan complaints which made them want to throw in a bunch of stuff in the game to please those people. I was scared it would be a bunch of stuff put together instead of a solid cohesive game so i never bought it. It's pretty cheap now though. I'd rather play it on the ps3 but i could also just borrow my friends 360 copy.

well Square is now on the dlc bandwagon so i'm sure there'll be alt costume dlc. They should get Oshima Yuko to design another one like she did for xiii-2 :lol:

how is xiii-2? I platinum'd xiii but was kinda worried about the sequel. They seem to be too phased by all the fan complaints which made them want to throw in a bunch of stuff in the game to please those people. I was scared it would be a bunch of stuff put together instead of a solid cohesive game so i never bought it. It's pretty cheap now though. I'd rather play it on the ps3 but i could also just borrow my friends 360 copy.

It's better than XIII in that the battle system seemed to be improved and it allowed for more exploration but it was a fair bit easier than XIII, which I didn't like because I liked the challenge that XIII presented. They do seem to be taking fan complaints into action, but sometimes that can be good while other times it can be pretty bad.

If it's going for cheap I'd say buy it. And I played XIII/-2 on my 360 and I didn't feel like I'd ruined my experience. Stupid PS elitists, that franchise was never yours to begin with so stop complaining about how it being multi-platform 'ruined the game'

It's better than XIII in that the battle system seemed to be improved and it allowed for more exploration but it was a fair bit easier than XIII, which I didn't like because I liked the challenge that XIII presented. They do seem to be taking fan complaints into action, but sometimes that can be good while other times it can be pretty bad.

If it's going for cheap I'd say buy it. And I played XIII/-2 on my 360 and I didn't feel like I'd ruined my experience. Stupid PS elitists, that franchise was never yours to begin with so stop complaining about how it being multi-platform 'ruined the game'

i hope i didn't sound like i that. I just would rather play it on my ps3 because it's my main console now and i want to get the Trophies on there rather than achievements on the 360. I might be less motivated to do everything if i was getting achievements instead on a console i don't play on much anymore. Silly i know :lol: