Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTutron

General Gaming Thread

does any1 plau mordhau in Australia? I am really bad at game rlytearpls.png

The game my partner's been working on for 3 years now, is finally out, and is receiving such good critics!

81 on metacritic and opencritic, it's apparently on its way to become a sleeper hit rlytearpls.png

If you enjoy story-driven and character-driven games, akin to Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons & The Last Of Us, with a production quality similar to Hellblade, then you'll probably enjoy this one as well!

Wow your partner made this game! Can you please tell them thanks you so much and the team. Its such a wonderful game and I loved the story despite the gameplay being all right but I just couldn't stop playing due to the story. Although I do have a fear of rats. But I love Amicia and Hugo and the rest of the cast. I will admit the game hit my feels and I felt so bad. one of my favourite games of this year so far.

Edit E3 just came up and the games there were some great announcement. My number one has to be Cyberpunk.

And Astral Chain looks far too goo. OMG getting the Platinum and Nier automata vibe (the diarector of Astral Chain is the same person who desgined Nier Automata I hope to lord that Yoko Taro has influence him cause I'm so hype for it.

And SPOILERS FOR TRAILS OF COLD STEEL

AHYH my most hype up game of this year. Cs3. I just can't wait. I'm playing though Crossbell arc as I type this and going to be playing cs2 before September.

On a side note I did also get to play Code vein via the network test and actually enjoyed the game smile.png

2019 is by far the greatest year in gaming (for me), getting Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident evil  2 remake, A plague Tales of Innocence

Now I'm waiting for FFXIV ShadowBringres (June), Fire Emblem Three Houses (July), Astral Chain (August), Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Code Vein (September),  Pokemon Sword and Shield (November). Why bless me with so many great RPG's and next year Cyberpunk 2077....... rlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.png

Edited by Salieri

Fave games of E3 were:

Watch Dogs Legion:

Animal Crossing New Horizons:

And my little indie face, Way To The Woods:

I also got hyped about Cyberpunk 2077, because I FUCKING LOVE KEANU REEVES, and I also fucking love cyberpunk as a genre, but my hype got shot down real quick when screenshot surfaced about the game having transphobic views, which, considering the history of CDPR being not progressive much, if at all, disappoints me a lot and makes me wary of what the game's messages will be. That plus their take on the cyberpunk genre seems unoriginal and bit stale. But I'll still give it a try, I think. Unless they fuck their PR even more, which knowing how good they are at it, might very well happen, sigh.

Wow your partner made this game! Can you please tell them thanks you so much and the team. Its such a wonderful game and I loved the story despite the gameplay being all right but I just couldn't stop playing due to the story. Although I do have a fear of rats. But I love Amicia and Hugo and the rest of the cast. I will admit the game hit my feels and I felt so bad. one of my favourite games of this year so far.

I will convey your sweet words to him (he was a level designer on it) as well as to other members of the team I'm friend with. They're gushing at all the positive feedback, it's been a wonderful surprise, they didn't expect it!

Edited by Delphine

E3 just went by and as per usual, I'm intrigued by remasters and remakes of games I never got to play when I was younger. Pretty much any JRPG announced was a plus for me. Such titles such as The Last Remnant, Romancing Saga, Ni no Kuni and FF7 but I will probably wait on that even when it does come out because I wanna know the price and how long we may have to wait for any subsequent parts.

FF8 was also announced. Heard through the grapevine that that one was never gonna be re-released and lo and behold, it is here. Don't think they did anything besides polishing it up a bit, but that's fine by me as I never got to play it before.

I'm gonna be pessimistic or w/e and say I was not really intrigued by Avengers. Probably gonna look and play alright but I'm guessing your gonna have to pay some sort of extra fee to get dudes on your team or something. Don't know what Cyberpunk is gonna be about but the fact Keanu features and that it's CDPR, I don't know how it can possibly disappoint.

Anyone interested in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice?

I've been meaning to try it out, but I'm scared by the difficulty

Was just so happy seeing my queen at last in all HD glory

tumblr_pswuv8gAbM1xg3d7ro1_540.gif

SHE LOOKS SO GOOD rlytearpls.png

ANDD NEW ANIMAL CROSSING AJSKDLF ahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.png

So many upcoming games I can't wait for honestly, unf it's a great time to be a gamer !!!

Been playing a lot of games over the last few months. Gears of war 4 and 5, Ai The somnium files, Astral chain, Control, Fire Emblem Three houses, FFXIV Shadowbringers, Cold steel 1. Currently playing Code vein and really enjoying it. 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:53 AM, Salieri said:

Ai The somnium files

What are your thoughts about this game? I saw someone on my Switch friends list playing that and clicked on it from the eStore out of curiosity and it seems like something I'd find pretty interesting...would be nice to hear a bit about it though from someone who has actually played it.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, Bekki said:

What are your thoughts about this game? I saw someone on my Switch friends list playing that and clicked on it from the eStore out of curiosity and it seems like something I'd find pretty interesting...would be nice to hear a bit about it though from someone who has actually played it.

It's a pretty good game, the narrative starts off with a banger right in the beginning and the mystery that you unravel during the game drives the game forward. I do have one major gripe and that's with the sonimum itself. They are logical to a sense however, I do stress this. They feel so much more of a guessing game rather than straight forward logical reasoning. If you played the other games from Uchikoshi, namely the Zero escape series you will know what you're getting into for the story. Lots of mystery and great characters. I also feel the ending is a bit weaker than the previous work from him but that’s just me.

• Love 1

My dad walks in with a computer game. I was hoping I’d be able to play it. I open it up and see it was an old floppy disk game.

spacer.png

Edited by Mccuish
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, Mccuish said:

My dad walks in with a computer game. I was hoping I’d be able to play it. I open it up and see it was an old floppy disk game.

Seems like you have to get a hold of an external floppy drive then 😄

On 10/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mccuish said:

I totally have to do that trick, I have some old games on floppy and still have the boxes.

In other news my Battlenet account (that's Blizzard) was compromised and support fixed it up in under an hour so good job them.

Picked up a ps4 pro. Had a lot of trouble signing in because I had 2 step verification on psn sign in. So I try sign in on pc and can't do that either. Didn't have my phone because it was stolen. Had to phone a number and got it resolved. :) I've had 2 ps4's die now. Pieces of shit. Still play a ps3 regularly that's never had any issues.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:58 AM, atreyuavenged said:

Picked up a ps4 pro. Had a lot of trouble signing in because I had 2 step verification on psn sign in. So I try sign in on pc and can't do that either. Didn't have my phone because it was stolen. Had to phone a number and got it resolved. :) I've had 2 ps4's die now. Pieces of shit. Still play a ps3 regularly that's never had any issues.

Any difference between the ps4 and pro and what games are you playing?

wtf is going on with Western gaming 🥺 - they've all but forgotten about just making good games; now everything is about $, drama, and creating a game that everyone else wants them to make, many of which won't even play the game. And not even going to get started on the hilarity of gaming "journalism" that will not call out EA sports games and Activision war games that offer the same game year after year with more and more loot boxes but will complain about every other game for nonsensical reasons (i.e. writers from popular sites have literally said things like "oh the protagonist didn't take the stand that we wanted them to take"; "well that game didn't shite on a certain political affiliation like we wanted it to"; "eh that Japanese game was too Japanese"; that historical retelling was too historical, they should have fudged the facts to make us more comfortable").

My hopes for Elder Scrolls and DA4 are so far in the gutter that I can't tell the difference between my expectations and all of the crap in there.

Edited by delirium

I got this nice PS1 from my neighbour

spacer.png

I forgot how much fun 1V1 fighting games can be when you're just playing with a friend. I was playing street fighters 5 since it was free for PS+. I forgot how much those type of games can be when you're just having fun with friends.

I've started playing the first Dangenrompa game. It's my first time playing this type of game, but so far the game is pretty enjoyable.