#6561 BlazingCobaltX

BlazingCobaltX

Whipped

• PipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

This. It's so good! I got it because it's by Spike Chunsoft and have no regrets

I actually have played a game with a similar system before this, I strongly recommend WILL: A Wonderful World if you want more like it https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... 

I am one of the lunatics that hoped to see this game translated for years. The fact that this game was miles better than I expected says everything. 

Oo that looks very interesting! Thanks for the recommendation. 

#6562 bb403

bb403

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

I'm so sick of League of Legends, such a frustrating game...

#6563 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationBored enough to join; crazy enough to stay.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

Finished Shadow of Tomb Raider a couple of days ago but there is something that still bugs me about it and it's this

tumblr_nq5obcfS1O1tnk6wpo2_500.gif

Lara remains almost completely flawless through the whole game. This woman is shot at with missiles and heavy artillery, beaten by men who are double her size, thrown down hills and rocks, hit with shrapnel, covers herself in mud, crawls through dirt; she's ripped up by jaguars, foresting through the jungle, traipsed through filthy, dilapidated ruins that had remained untounched for decades, shot with arrows...this woman went through hell and at the end of the day, the only thing affected was how much dirt was on her boots. Her hair remains Tresemme silky, her skin is darn near glowing, her clothes look fresh off the rack confused-gif-1.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=

Mate, I just endured 2000 rounds of helicopter rotary cannon fire and I don't even have a paper cut????

I missed this beat up TR from the previous gamekXQ6L4i.gif

#6564 Rinni

Rinni

EXO's Personal Stalker

• OH! Press
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationLuhan's Heart

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:17 PM (Edited by Rinni, 25 September 2018 - 05:28 PM.)

Finished Shadow of Tomb Raider a couple of days ago but there is something that still bugs me about it and it's this

https://33.media.tumblr.com/35b0a28f357a...

Lara remains almost completely flawless through the whole game. This woman is shot at with missiles and heavy artillery, beaten by men who are double her size, thrown down hills and rocks, hit with shrapnel, covers herself in mud, crawls through dirt; she's ripped up by jaguars, foresting through the jungle, traipsed through filthy, dilapidated ruins that had remained untounched for decades, shot with arrows...this woman went through hell and at the end of the day, the only thing affected was how much dirt was on her boots. Her hair remains Tresemme silky, her skin is darn near glowing, her clothes look fresh off the rack https://i2.wp.com/aggregateblog.com/wp-c...

Mate, I just endured 2000 rounds of helicopter rotary cannon fire and I don't even have a paper cut????

I missed this beat up TR from the previous gamehttps://i.imgur.com/kXQ6L4i.gif...

Yeah I can't feel but notice that they seem to like... lose sight of their vision of a more realistic Lara as the games go by. In the first one especially, she got wrecked, she had gorey deaths, and they didn't try to make her seem unrealistically perfect or try to pay major attention to fixing any of her visual flaws. In the second one the deaths were toned down and her base appearance is prettier but the effects the environment has on her can still be clearly seen, in fact they might have been even more detailed than in the first Tomb Raider.

The latest one, though... the mud/grim/etc. on her model are toned down a lot and clearly strategically placed to make her look more aesthetically pleasing lmao. They even have this thing they do... they make the mud marks really solid with nothing surrounding them instead of showing mud covering the areas surrounding them too but with less consistency/opacity. (Picture below so that you can get what I mean, in Rise of the Tomb Raider you see the mud less defined and more spread out throughout her whole face, while in Shadow of the Tomb Raider they're super defined mud shapes that are definitely not how mud would work irl lol especially all the seemingly flawless sections of her face like... uhh why is your face so clean but then there are random mud splashes??)

Lara-1-573x338.png

It's worth mentioning that Lara's hair in Tomb Raider 2013 looked waaaay dirtier/greasier than her near flawless hair nowadays

Oh yeah, and a bunch of the deaths are censored/fade to black really quickly. It seems they dropped the visually shocking deaths bc snowflakes wouldn't be able to take them

My guess is that they wanted to give the dudes the eye candy they expect from Lara Croft lol

#6565 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationBored enough to join; crazy enough to stay.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:43 PM

Yeah I can't feel but notice that they seem to like... lose sight of their vision of a more realistic Lara as the games go by. In the first one especially, she got wrecked, she had gorey deaths, and they didn't try to make her seem unrealistically perfect or try to pay major attention to fixing any of her visual flaws. In the second one the deaths were toned down and her base appearance is prettier but the effects the environment has on her can still be clearly seen, in fact they might have been even more detailed than in the first Tomb Raider.

The latest one, though... the mud/grim/etc. on her model are toned down a lot and clearly strategically placed to make her look more aesthetically pleasing lmao. They even have this thing they do... they make the mud marks really solid with nothing surrounding them instead of showing mud covering the areas surrounding them too but with less consistency/opacity. (Picture below so that you can get what I mean, in Rise of the Tomb Raider you see the mud less defined and more spread out throughout her whole face, while in Shadow of the Tomb Raider they're super defined mud shapes that are definitely not how mud would work irl lol especially all the seemingly flawless sections of her face like... uhh why is your face so clean but then there are random mud splashes??)

https://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/u...

It's worth mentioning that Lara's hair in Tomb Raider 2013 looked waaaay dirtier/greasier than her near flawless hair nowadays

Oh yeah, and a bunch of the deaths are censored/fade to black really quickly. It seems they dropped the visually shocking deaths bc snowflakes wouldn't be able to take them

My guess is that they wanted to give the dudes the eye candy they expect from Lara Croft lol

Right? The mud reminds me of the movies when they strategically place paint splatters on the actors/actresses face so that it looks pretty and appealing. It started to bug me so much that I switched outfits to e6lsg5meiem11.jpg

Then I realized that bullets really hurt and I had to go back to a crafted one that offered bonuses lol.

I know that people complained that the reboot was too "dark" and gritty. I hate to think that the developers listened to the vocal minority again but it seems that they did. Yeah, I also noticed that the deaths went black screen quickly. Even worse, during some brutal deaths, she died with a delicate grunt or sigh or they didn't even show the death. It made me wonder if any of the people who complained actually played the original games when 99% of everything in the environment wanted Lara dead. Even the earth didn't like Lara, we had to walk through quicksand before we suffocated. 

The game was still fun but between her dirt/scar/bruise repellant skin and some strangely recycled plot devices/catalysts-it wasn't the finale that I expected from the reboot. Not to mention, it left me wondering why they left the original Divine Source storyline (which they even tied in to the first one) just to explore the Divine Source 3.0 storyline that was almost pratically the same (ancient army, immortals, sacrifice of self). I still want to know what made that bloody thing. latest?cb=20160428135313

#6566 Punished_Venom_Dokkaebi

Punished_Venom_Dokkaebi

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Location444th Air Base

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

I want it, I want it now.

#6567 Xin

Xin

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:18 AM

I'm not sure if I can post this here but it's definitely gaming related. I 3D modeled and printed in steel a new design to celebrate National Video Game Day and I think some people here may enjoy seeing it so I'm taking a chance and sharing it here. ilikeitplz.png

#6568 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:59 AM (Edited by Salieri, 30 September 2018 - 02:13 PM.)

So I been to TGS just the past week and got to play KH3 demo which was really good smile.png loving the visuals and the gameplay (although it was mainly in Japanese so I only knew a few things) but just a photo I took from there. Only gripe I have with the game is the load times are a bit too much,.

Spoiler

Also just a quick question, saw someone mentioning 428 shibyua's scramble. Wondering how good it is. I've played only a bit from sources that I won't say but wondering to pick it up or not. I'm actually enjoying it but also got Valkyria chronicles 4 and Life is strange 2 and Walking dead final season, unsure which one to even pick up OTL......

Edit: I bought 428 Shibyua's Scramble as I saw it was cheap (on Ebay) :)

#6569 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• Hall OH Fame
  • 21,519 posts
  • LocationWaiting for Somi to debut!

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:30 AM (Edited by Delphine, 03 October 2018 - 02:33 AM.)

Or maybe because they didn't add anything of value to the game at all, and felt rather gratuitous and sadistic. Uncharted deaths never bothered me because they never felt that way, but Lara's deaths were truly unnecessarily gruesome, I'm glad they toned it down. It's also a waste of time to see your character die for 30 seconds while all you wanna do as a player is retry that section of the game that made you die, and on which you're probably gonna die again several times before getting it right. Long gruesome death scenes are honestly a fucking bother most of the time on a purely gameplay level, they break the flow and piss the player off. So, again, I'm glad they toned it down and shortened it. This specific part is not even remotely related to what makes the Tomb Raider franchise fun and entertaining to play anyway, ain't gonna miss it one bit.

#6570 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Cold steel 1 and 2 releasing on ps4 in the west omg. I need to play the game again. So buying them. http://www.playstati...ions-announced/

#6571 Rinni

Rinni

EXO's Personal Stalker

• OH! Press
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationLuhan's Heart

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:29 PM (Edited by Rinni, 06 October 2018 - 05:29 PM.)

Cold steel 1 and 2 releasing on ps4 in the west omg. I need to play the game again. So buying them. http://www.playstati...ions-announced/

I actually never got into ToCS. The port might motivate me to pick it up. What game would you compare it to? The gameplay makes me think Atelier series and Tales series but is it really like those games?

#6572 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

I actually never got into ToCS. The port might motivate me to pick it up. What game would you compare it to? The gameplay makes me think Atelier series and Tales series but is it really like those games?

I would say Persona if I had to say it to compare it towards a game right now but there are elements of Persona in it like going to school, you have your town, you have bonding with your team (although persona is much larger in that area), the jrpg aspect of it.  As for the gameplay and when you're in a dungeon it's more or less your strategy jrpg, get to control where your characters are on the grid.

- here's a gameplay of it, just the beginning parts running on the vita.

#6573 Sesshomaru Sama

Sesshomaru Sama

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationChiraq

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone played the PS4 game, Nioh? I want to get it but I also want to see what some others think of it.

#6574 Rinni

Rinni

EXO's Personal Stalker

• OH! Press
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationLuhan's Heart

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:01 AM (Edited by Rinni, 09 October 2018 - 02:16 AM.)

Has anyone played the PS4 game, Nioh? I want to get it but I also want to see what some others think of it.

The gameplay is very similar to the one in Dark Souls, but it's nowhere near as hard nor exasperating. So basically, easier and faster-paced Dark Souls. More fun, too. I personally never liked Dark Souls because as an action combat fan, the slow pacing was fucking exhausting and boring. Nioh however had entertaining combat. If you've enjoyed the Ninja Gaiden series, you'll like Nioh.

If you like games that are more about the gameplay than the story then feel free to get Nioh. Not gonna lie, at times Nioh felt kind of... empty to me because I like story-based games and I think it would've been nicer if it had more story peppered in in-between the multiple gameplay segments. It sorta feels like you just have this linear progression and constant combat with not many chances for your character to interact with the environment. The story itself was also rather weak and the writing definitely needed some polishing. All things considered, the world-building was lackluster.

Nioh was one of the best games 2017 had to offer but it's not masterpiece material. Basically if you asked me which were the best 2017 releases I would name Nioh in my list, but if you asked me for the most memorable releases overall without that specific year in mind, I wouldn't even consider mentioning it. I probably wouldn't even remember it lol

EDIT: I realize this post probs focused too much on the cons of the game so I just wanna add that as I said in the first paragraph, the combat is fun. But like, really fun. The addictive kind of fun. So yeah even though the world-building and story could be better, the game does guarantee you'll enjoy fucking around with the combat since it's not as risky and exhausting as Dark Souls.

#6575 Sesshomaru Sama

Sesshomaru Sama

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationChiraq

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:07 AM

The gameplay is very similar to the one in Dark Souls, but it's nowhere near as hard nor exasperating. So basically, easier and faster-paced Dark Souls. More fun, too. I personally never liked Dark Souls because as an action combat fan, the slow pacing was fucking exhausting and boring. Nioh however had entertaining combat. If you've enjoyed the Ninja Gaiden series, you'll like Nioh.

If you like games that are more about the gameplay than the story then feel free to get Nioh. Not gonna lie, at times Nioh felt kind of... empty to me because I like story-based games and I think it would've been nicer if it had more story peppered in in-between the multiple gameplay segments. It sorta feels like you just have this linear progression and constant combat with not many chances for your character to interact with the environment. The story itself was also rather weak and the writing definitely needed some polishing. All things considered, the world-building was lackluster.

Nioh was one of the best games 2017 had to offer but it's not masterpiece material. Basically if you asked me which were the best 2017 releases I would name Nioh in my list, but if you asked me for the most memorable releases overall without that specific year in mind, I wouldn't even consider mentioning it. I probably wouldn't even remember it lol

EDIT: I realize this post probs focused too much on the cons of the game so I just wanna add that as I said in the first paragraph, the combat is fun. But like, really fun. The addictive kind of fun. So yeah even though the world-building and story could be better, the game does guarantee you'll enjoy fucking around with the combat since it's not as risky and exhausting as Dark Souls.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll take your opinion into consideration. I think I'll buy Nioh sometime this week haha laugh.png

#6576 Starfire.

Starfire.

Cake

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts
  • LocationMy Room

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

Went back to playing Killer Instinct today. I have a lot of practicing to do considering it's been months since I've played. I'm also plan to start Hollow Knight since I preordered on PS4.

#6577 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

Just got Shadow of the Tomb Raider as it was on sale (still is) and darn the graphics are so stunning

Spoiler

Up, Up and Away!