Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTutron

General Gaming Thread

Welcome to the Official

GENERAL GAMING THREAD

This thread is a place where you can discuss about ANYTHING that is related to games / consoles / technology, etc.

Here you can talk about anything you want, just as long as it's related to games. However if you wish to only discuss about a certain console and it's company then there are the Official threads for that.

Playstation / Sony

ps4-new-playstation-logo-contact-sheet.j

Date of Origin: 7th of May, 1946

Founder(s): Masaru Ibuka, Akio Morita

Headquarters location: Minato, Tokyo, Japan

Official Website: http://www.sony.net/

Gaming Console History

Originally, Sony was just a partner and was asked by Nintendo to develop an add-on for its console that would play Compact Discs. However, a disagreement between the two over software licensing led to the partnership falling apart. Sony then continued the project independently.

Home Console History

In 1994, the first Home Console from Sony, the "PlayStation" was released.

Sony followed up with the PlayStation 2 later in 200, which came on to be the best selling console of all time with over 150 million units sold as of 2011.

In 2006, Sony released the PS3 which boasted its capability to play "High Definition" games.

It was also the first console to use the Blu-ray format, which is now the preferred DVD format.

Portable Console History

In 2005, Sony extended the brand to the portable games market with the release of the PlayStation Portable which is also known as the "PSP". The console came on to be a direct competition to Nintendo's "Nintendo DS" but fell short when sale figures are taken into consideration.

In 2009, Sony released it's second version of the PSP, the "PSP Go", which went on to sell poorly and was ultimately discontinued. The main feature of this Portable Console was it's "no disc" feature which was replaced with a UMD drive, but many argues that this was also the downfall of the system.

In 2011 - 2012, Sony released it's latest portable console, the PSP Vita. Although sales for the PSP Vita is significantly better than that of the PSP Go, it is still falling behind when compared to Nintendo's latest portable console, the "Nintendo 3DS". This generation of Sony's portable console, boasts HD gaming and the ability to play PS4 / PS3 games on it).

97M1Tci.png
-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

• Like 1

League of Legends

PentaKirrrrlrlrlrlrllrllrr

Tomb raider (2013)

if you havent played it yet what are you even doing with your life GO AND DO THAT SHIT NOW

• Like 1

Been playing never winter.

and yeah can't wait for E3....Really anticipating Nintendo's reveals

How is NeverWinter? I've been meaning to install it since it went into Open Beta but every time I try to install the game it downloads at like 30kb/s.  <_<

can't wait for the Zelda thread's reopening *____* hehe

and I want to play Luigi's Mansion 3DS

cry i need some moneyyy

Me too. It looks like Nintendo's got a strong line-up of games upcoming for the Wii U. I'm particularly excited to hear more about Pikmin 3.

How is NeverWinter? I've been meaning to install it since it went into Open Beta but every time I try to install the game it downloads at like 30kb/s.  <_<

Pros:

Good Combat

Can create your own dungeons so I imagine there is lots to do end game

High production value. 

Good PVE/PVP but not as good as tera imo

Cons

A little too easy(lvl 16 atm)

Balancing issues

The bosses aren't very exciting...Pretty much just slightly bigger humans....I prefer big monsters bosses and stuff Like in games such as Tera/vindictus

Schedule for E3 2013

June 10th

Microsoft Press Conference 9:30 AM PST

EA Press Conference 1PM PST

Ubisoft Press Conference 3PM PST

Sony Press Conference 6PM PST

June 11th

Nintendo (TBD)

E3 Show floor officially opens

Games confirmed to be at E3:

Battlefield 4 (PC, 360, PS3)

Final Fantasy (PS4)

Mario Kart (Wii U)

Super Mario (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)

and there's a lot of games that aren't confirmed but will probably be shown, plus PS4 & new Xbox. This is shaping up to be the Best E3 we've had in years!

HYPEEE TRAIN! WOOOT WOOOT 

Days till E3: 37

• Like 1

Tomb raider (2013)

if you havent played it yet what are you even doing with your life GO AND DO THAT SHIT NOW

I watched a lets play of Tomb Raider. It's really good. The ending of the game looks like its hinting at another sequel.  :wub:

And ugh I wanna get SimCity so bad but gonna have to wait until my birthday. I don't think the game is having so many bugs or server crash reports..

I watched a lets play of Tomb Raider. It's really good. The ending of the game looks like its hinting at another sequel.  :wub:

And ugh I wanna get SimCity so bad but gonna have to wait until my birthday. I don't think the game is having so many bugs or server crash reports..

Im dying for a sequel, but unless theyre already working on it, its gonna take a while

Currently playing Tochlight II with the Synergies Mod. Slaughtering monsters one dozen at a time ftw.

According to CVG(Very credible source) Nintendo will do a Significant Relaunch-Like campaign of the wii u soon, Nintendo plans for 3D mario to be out by october, and the holiday season will be very "special" for nintendo. and what they have told retailers has apparently put back their faith in the wii u.

also @ Jimmy Nintendo isn't having a press conference this year...Just 2 smaller events, One for Media/Gamers and the other for Business ,  Game booths, and a few directs leading up/during/ and after E3.

and Rockstar showed CVG(and a few other media such as IGN) a 30 min game play demo of GTA5 which is sounding awesome so far. Just picturing it based on their details is more enjoyable than playing GTA 4

• Like 1

Tomb raider (2013)

THIS SHIT IS GOOD; i've been playing with some friends on another friend's system every few weeks (unfortunately it's hard to get times everyone is free to play)

i'm really depressed lately because i have no way to play smash bros, a series which used to be like breathing to me :x

it's been months since i've been able to really play it... 

my wii broke so i didn't even bother bringing it with me this semester (in fact, i even passed it on to my sister who is going to send it in to get it repaired then take it with her back to her home across the country). i thought my other friends would provide opportunities, but NO I AM SAD. at least i still have my wii games and controllers, though, despite having no system for them...

i guess i need to buy a wii u asap. :l

Has anyone played God Of War 4 yet? 

According to CVG(Very credible source) Nintendo will do a Significant Relaunch-Like campaign of the wii u soon, Nintendo plans for 3D mario to be out by october, and the holiday season will be very "special" for nintendo. and what they have told retailers has apparently put back their faith in the wii u.

also @ Jimmy Nintendo isn't having a press conference this year...Just 2 smaller events, One for Media/Gamers and the other for Business ,  Game booths, and a few directs leading up/during/ and after E3.

and Rockstar showed CVG(and a few other media such as IGN) a 30 min game play demo of GTA5 which is sounding awesome so far. Just picturing it based on their details is more enjoyable than playing GTA 4

I know that's why I put TBD since they're holding 2 smaller events :) They still rented out Nokia Theatre for June 11.

and I just made an official Nintendo thread :D woot woot~

i'm starting to play freeware games more often these days, cuz i'm an extreme cheapskate.  :ph34r:  but Cave Story is so good it's hard to believe it's developed by one man

What's E3? 

I played Neverwinter nights 2 but didn't like the graphics. I prefer old graphics like Baldur's Gate 2 or Neverwinter Nights 1.

What's E3? 

I played Neverwinter nights 2 but didn't like the graphics. I prefer old graphics like Baldur's Gate 2 or Neverwinter Nights 1.

XD you must be new to or not familiar to the console gaming scene. E3 stands for Electronic entertainment Expo. Its the biggest most anticipated event in gaming every year...Pretty much the "Christmas for gamers" Before this gen(PS4/Next xbox,Wii u) it was pretty much where all the consoles were announced at since 1995, and Its where the Big 3(Sony,nintendo,microsoft) and 3rd parties announce and show their biggest blockbuster games for the first time and what they have planned for their systems. This year its June 11 to June 13th.

XD you must be new to or not familiar to the console gaming scene. E3 stands for Electronic entertainment Expo. Its the biggest most anticipated event in gaming every year...Pretty much the "Christmas for gamers" Before this gen(PS4/Next xbox,Wii u) it was pretty much where all the consoles were announced at since 1995, and Its where the Big 3(Sony,nintendo,microsoft) and 3rd parties announce and show their biggest blockbuster games for the first time and what they have planned for their systems. This year its June 11 to June 13th.

xD 

I'm more of an online game kind of person, pc games and stuff since i don't really own any consoles ;p

Last thing I've owned was a PS1 lmao and I used it to play Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy and then Crash Bandicoot. Haha. More recently I had a PSP but gave it to my brother