Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobofet

[Discussion Thread] LuWatch 2K14: Will Luhan Leave EXO? [UPDATE: CONFIRMED TRUE 10/10/14]

I've been hearing really worrying rumors.

Apparently his Baidu bar is prepping for an announcement on Sunday. They're certain that he's going to announce that he's leaving if not on Sunday then in the coming week. Apparently people are going nuts, but I don't have links to verify. Sorry; I hope somebody can provide those.

Apparently, his C-fans are trying to figure out to spin the story because they remember how they treated Kris when he left and they don't want to look like utter hypocrites.

We always say that C-fans get over excitable about things, and we deny when shit is about to pop off. I'm worried. I don't know what EXO will do for the rest of the year if they lose another member.

Can someone verify? Can people hear translate the stuff going on on baidu?

Edit: we have a translation of the original baidu post

Ok, I looked through the baidu thread and here are some main points from the OP. Sincere apologies for mistranslation because a lot of slangs were used in that thread and I don't always understand 100% of them.

Note: OP used "dumbass" throughout his/her post, I'm assuming dumbass = SM/Kim CEO

"I got you guys' PMs, allow me to leak/break some news"

"He still wants to terminate his contract with dumbass, he rather pay the penalty fee but will not go to court. Perhaps this is too naive because dumbass will never let him get off that easy, he's still fighting for Luhan to come back, with the promise of making proper changes to his contract and let him participate in 1018Shanghai SMT"

"It doesn't matter what dumbass does, it will not change the end result. There's no way he's going back. At this point, contract termination is a sure thing. He (Luhan) just doesn't want to get ugly, so he rather just pay the penalty and get out, he's pretty rich"

"His condition has been terrible recently, especially in the past few days. Vomiting, facial bloating, eyes are swollen, excessive tearing, passing out. He hasn't been able to eat any food since a few days ago. The doctors say he also has migraine".

"Luhan gave dumbass until the 8th. If dumbass still does not address the issue publicly, Luhan will".

"His mother has been by his side every day, she's in pain seeing her son like this. But with good rest, Luhan is expected to recover in about two weeks".

"Luhan is very well connected. You shall see next month" (I think OP is saying Luhan will not have trouble finding work after he leaves SM)

====

Then OP goes on to address some other posts in the thread, but what I got from it was (according to OP, not saying this is the truth) is that Luhan is 100% going to leave. He gave SM a deadline to make their decision to see if they will accept his offer of buying himself out of his contract, if they do not announce by the 9th of this month, he will take it upon himself to let everyone know.

Again I have no idea if this is true or not, just translating the baidu thread.

Personally I always knew all the Chinaline will leave (sooner than later tbh) and pursue their careers in China. Not surprised at all. However, I am surprised to read about Luhan's departure decision, it's a little sooner than I thought and sort of came out of nowhere (At Kris showed signs of wanting out months before he actually went through with it).

SM did poorly with EXO this year: a full album + related promotion, multiple CF/endorsement deals, TV/Movie schedule for multiple members, exhausting tours, a reality show and didn't someone say there's a possible full album at the end of the year? They are really overworked. 

EDIT 2: We have a concrete (rumored) timeline coming from the same baidu thread:

LATEST UPDATE FROM THE BAIDU THREAD. It says "5th October 9 A.M. Beijing time". Some fans are saying 8th October.

EDIT 3: More Info, including more on the Prospective Timeline

UPDATE on posts i found on that baidu thread. OP says it is 100% confirmed that he will terminate his contract, and the news will be released on 8th October morning. Some people were doubting that(his departure from the group) as his episode for 90:2014 is set to be air next week(10th October).

Therefore, some claimed that his episode is NOT even filmed yet. He was in China for a while now, there is no way that they filmed his episode for 90:2014.(unless they filmed it way beforehand but the chance is low imo) They also said that Luhan's episode was originally planned to be aired the last second, and next week is originally Chen's turn. So the news about his departure will be out before his episode airs. 

They think that SM is trying to play the victim here, it's Luhan's decision to leave not SM, and make it looks like he is the one at fault(?). C-fans think it is SM's tactic as SM did this to every artists that leave the group lol. 

An Aside:

korean luhan fansite Luvely closed down a few hours ago

LUVELY / 루블리 @luvely900420

CLOSE. THANK YOU.

EDIT 4: oh god

Just an update: a verified weibo user has said that Luhan is indeed going to terminate his contract, Korean media outlets are already informed but SM are suppressing their articles from being released. Another has reported that his conditions are the reason for his withdrawal, insiders from in industry claim that the termination notice has already been issued. 

I've seen a few articles written on various Chinese news sites, all saying the situation is similar to that of WYF. Both members seem to be terminating their contracts due to health problems. 

Pls take this with a grain of salt, this may or may not be true. 

Edit 5: It seems that both the supposed dates the original Weibo poster mentioned (Oct 5th and 8th) have come and gone. Some c-fans are still speculating that the recent earthquake has delayed the announcement and are convinced that news of Luhan leaving EXO will hit the net in the coming week. At this point we have no idea how true any of this is. Luhan may leave this week, he may leave by the end of the year, he may leave never.

As a result, I've changed the title to make this a discussion thread so we can still keep an eye on the situation while keeping the sidebar uncluttered.

Edit 6: 10.10.14 9AM - LUHAN LEAVES EXO

So according to his chinese fans, another lawsuit coming for SM? 

Like damn, SM can't catch a break.

I hope he doesn't leave. He's the cute one and I need more pics.

Please be true. Can't wait for the shitstorm.

Please don't joke about this...Luhan can't leave EXO...........

Perhaps it'll just be another Sulli situation where he can take a long hiatus/break and then come back stronger than ever.

Please don't joke about this...Luhan can't leave EXO...........

Perhaps it'll just be another Sulli situation where he can take a long hiatus/break and then come back stronger than ever.

...You still believe that Sulli is "on hiatus"? HA!

seriously can you guys stop spreading stupid rumors all the time. Luhan is not leaving.

How can you be so sure?

seriously can you guys stop spreading stupid rumors all the time. Luhan is not leaving.

I hope so too, but remember a few days ago when everyone was just loling cuz they thought Jessica just got hacked?

You never know, it is still 2014

The thing is, we said the same thing about Jessica when those rumors were coming out. And Kris.

Apparently his Baidu bar is prepping for an announcement on Sunday. They're certain that he's going to announce that he's leaving if not on Sunday then in the coming week. Apparently people are going nuts, but I don't have links to verify. Sorry; I hope somebody can provide those

Lol alright he's gonna announce him leaving on his Baidu bar.

Don't recall whether he has even ever posted there although maybe he checks it out sometimes.

I'm thinking it's just some C-fans stirring this up since it's what many C-fans are hoping for, Lu Han leaving SM to go to another Chinese company.

I've been hearing really worrying rumors.

Apparently his Baidu bar is prepping for an announcement on Sunday. They're certain that he's going to announce that he's leaving if not on Sunday then in the coming week. Apparently people are going nuts, but I don't have links to verify. Sorry; I hope somebody can provide those.

Apparently, his C-fans are trying to figure out to spin the story because they remember how they treated Kris when he left and they don't want to look like utter hypocrites.

We always say that C-fans get over excitable about things, and we deny when shit is about to pop off. I'm worried. I don't know what EXO will do for the rest of the year if they lose another member.

Can someone verify? Can people hear translate the stuff going on on baidu?

can you link where you heard about this because i havent seen anything

and if you didnt even see translations...how do you know

I don't think this is a joke that came out of nowhere. Apparently there are strong rumors about a few SM idols in Korea right now and one of them is that Luhan will be leaving both EXO and SM soon. Also, if he's really doing it, this is the perfect timing, beating the horse while it's down.