Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twinky

Actor No Min Woo wants rumors of him being gay to stop

No-Min-Woo11.jpg

The beautiful man No Min Woo, whose delicate features could rival–even beat–that of many other women, finally felt that he needed to explain himself and clarify the rumors that he’s gay.

On the September 23 broadcast of the SBS variety show “Magic Eye†hosted by Lee Hyori, Moon So Ri, Hong Jin Kyung, Kim Gu Ra, and Moon Hee Joon, No Min Woo was able to explain his side regarding the undying rumors.

On this episode, Lee Hyori brought up the issue and showed the photo of No Min Woo that helped fuel the fire that the actor is gay. “There’s a photo that makes you question No Min Woo’s sexual identity,†said Lee Hyori as she pulled out the photos of No Min Woo taken from last year.

The photos show No Min Woo lying on a bed and smiling sweetly for the camera. Even without retouching, No Min Woo shows a pretty face that got the other guests including the panelist Moon So Ri envious.

No Min Woo then explained, “Because of this photo, I had rumors that I’m gay. This is a photo I uploaded for my fanclub. The fans like these kinds of photos.†The actor then continued, “Through this broadcast, I want to show that I’m not gay.â€

Since the atmosphere got too serious, Kim Gu Ra tried to lighten up the mood and said, “Just what could you show that could (prove) you’re not gay? Could you show us?,†making the room burst in laughter.

201409232326779688_542184ee299eb_99_2014

cr; soompi

No Min Woo then explained, “Because of this photo, I had rumors that I’m gay. This is a photo I uploaded for my fanclub. The fans like these kinds of photos.†The actor then continued, “Through this broadcast, I want to show that I’m not gay.â€

This is such an awkward thing to say though....

tbh whether he's gay or not is his business

idk why shows always pull this bullshit when the victims are clearly uncomfortable

He has a right to be frustrated though. People should not assume someone's sexuality based on pictures they take of themselves when those pictures involve no other person. Being gay is about who he is attracted to not what kind of photos he likes to take or how he does his makeup. 

I just noticed that he has the same expression in every screen shot...if it wasn't for those selfies, I wouldn't even know that his face could move.

idk why shows always pull this bullshit when the victims are clearly uncomfortable

But I'm sure questions get screen prior to appearing on this show, plus didn't he go on the show specially for this reason?

sounds insecure

basically 

But I'm sure questions get screen prior to appearing on this show, plus didn't he go on the show specially for this reason?

basically 

i worded that weird

i mean like when they push the matter too much

i'm tired

maybe i misunderstood the article :unsure:

Don't really care which celebrities are gay/lesbian

Their preference is not my business

I don't know why celebs/idols has to always come forward and 'clarify' matters

They should know people just like to speculate and gossip no matter if there's evidence staring right in their faces 

When people made up their mind about something, it's kinda hard to sway their 'beliefs'

Why does he have the need to prove himself?  :imstupid:

sounds insecure

I-fans tend to disregard Korean culture when it comes to these things. Yeah, he may sound insecure and even homophobic to us, but having gay rumors in Korea is a big deal, I can see why they guy would want to deny them or prove them wrong. It's not like Hollywood where you can live with gay rumors and have a successful career despite them, you know? 

he went on the show for that reason though, to address it! 

though really he shouldnt have too, it's no ones business

Yes this..

I don't like the way everyone pressured him, and why it was even brought up.. and then asking for "proof" that he's not gay.. it's no one's business

He looks really uncomfortable

he kind of looks like himchan to me woah

I'm not an expert so take it with a grain of salt and don't kill me ( put the knife down :wth: )!!!, but I think he really is gay :imstupid: ; I respect to be percieved as whatever he likes to shown, specially in kpop industry ( maybe it doesn't help to get jobs the fact of being gay); I still don't understand all the circus around to show he is gay, and what it's Lee Hyori doing in all this mess :omgwtf:

I love No Min Woo

He's one of those cases where I'm like "why do I find him so sexy"

plus his skin is flawless

Yes this..

I don't like the way everyone pressured him, and why it was even brought up.. and then asking for "proof" that he's not gay.. it's no one's business

He looks really uncomfortable

you do know that prior to the show, the guest knows about the questions which are going to be asked

i didnt know about this before of if it had even become big over in Korea, but if it did, knowing how Korea is! i can see why he would like to 'address' it though its no one's business! 

infact, his company could of asked the show to bring it up tbh

I'm not an expert so take it with a grain of salt and don't kill me ( put the knife down :wth: )!!!, but I think he really is gay :imstupid: ; I respect to be percieved as whatever he likes to shown, specially in kpop industry ( maybe it doesn't help to get jobs the fact of being gay); I still don't understand all the circus around to show he is gay, and what it's Lee Hyori doing in all this mess :omgwtf:

lee hyori?

as one of the mc's, she just ask's the questions which is on the script/card

It i was him i would be upset and mad cz because of rumors everybody would assume im gay but i think he gay....those pics...... :hurr:

you do know that prior to the show, the guest knows about the questions which are going to be asked

i didnt know about this before of if it had even become big over in Korea, but if it did, knowing how Korea is! i can see why he would like to 'address' it though its no one's business! 

infact, his company could of asked the show to bring it up tbh

It could have but Gura with the "show us" OTL

And the article said the atmosphere became really serious so maybe he's uncomfortable really, idk. I don't really understand the contents of the article then? I guess I misunderstand. I thought it was brought up randomly so he said in response to it (?)

no min woo coming off d.e.s.p.e.r.a.t.e

Kim Gu Ra tried to lighten up the mood and said, “Just what could you show that could (prove) you’re not gay? Could you show us?â€

flawless.