342 replies to this topic

#41 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

Oh! Sad that this thread is dead, though there are a lot of Filipinos here in OH

I miss the old OPM songs tbh. 1990s to early 2000 is the best. Wahhhh ~

Indeed. E-heads and Parokya ni Edgar are one of the Best!!!

#42 Hugeboymino

Hugeboymino

Idol

• PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationMino's Armpits

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:37 AM

Oh! Sad that this thread is dead, though there are a lot of Filipinos here in OH

These two bands are pretty much part of the Filipino culture. Like, who doesn't know Huling El Bimbo and Harana?

#43 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

These two bands are pretty much part of the Filipino culture. Like, who doesn't know Huling El Bimbo and Harana?

Hi! Yay! Someone answered me.LOL

Huling El Bimbo.An Iconic song from E-heads, When you say E-heads that's the first song that pops to my mind or most of us, I think.

Francis M. is also one that I adore. RIP.

#44 Hugeboymino

Hugeboymino

Idol

• PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationMino's Armpits

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hi! Yay! Someone answered me.LOL

Huling El Bimbo.An Iconic song from E-heads, When you say E-heads that's the first song that pops to my mind or most of us, I think.

Francis M. is also one that I adore. RIP.

Hello!  :smile:

Francis M. is an icon.

Honestly though, I barely listen to OPM. I know, shame on me. But I kinda like Urbandub and Gloc9.

#45 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hello!  :smile:

Francis M. is an icon.

Honestly though, I barely listen to OPM. I know, shame on me. But I kinda like Urbandub and Gloc9.

Gloc9 's music is nice. I heard before that Gloc9 also idolizes Francis M. so I think that's one reason why they have the same kind of music.

I also barely listen to OPM now a days, bec. OPM now is more on revivals and  I feel it's inferior compare to the 90's and early 2k music.

Oh! I just feel so old saying 90's and early 2k.LOL  :lol: 

By the way I'm Nina. if you don't mind ,how will I address you? :)

#46 Hugeboymino

Hugeboymino

Idol

• PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationMino's Armpits

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

Gloc9 's music is nice. I heard before that Gloc9 also idolizes Francis M. so I think that's one reason why they have the same kind of music.

I also barely listen to OPM now a days, bec. OPM now is more on revivals and  I feel it's inferior compare to the 90's and early 2k music.

Oh! I just feel so old saying 90's and early 2k.LOL  :lol: 

By the way I'm Nina. if you don't mind ,how will I address you? :)

Same! I don't really follow artists but I do think OPM back then was better, in terms of musicality and message/lyrics. Nowadays it's basically actors-who-try-hard-to-sing-and-failing-miserably-but-fans-still-patronize  :imstupid:

Don't worry I believe we're more or less in the same age group? Lol And you can call me Ming.  :) Nice e-meeting you, Nina!

#47 YIXINGISM

YIXINGISM

♔ 兴迷 ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yes! Ahh those were the good days. :)

#48 TAKADA KENTA

TAKADA KENTA

STAN KENTASUS!

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

THIS SONG IS STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY OMG

Why do these jeje songs always have to be so catchy?

#49 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

Same! I don't really follow artists but I do think OPM back then was better, in terms of musicality and message/lyrics. Nowadays it's basically actors-who-try-hard-to-sing-and-failing-miserably-but-fans-still-patronize  :imstupid:

Don't worry I believe we're more or less in the same age group? Lol And you can call me Ming.  :) Nice e-meeting you, Nina!

HI!  Ming. Nice to meet someone with more or less same age as mine.LOL :lol:

Agree! It's kinda irritating ,Just because they are currently hot and have lots of fans, Sells! Even reached the Gold mark or even Platinum!!! LOL

Hoping that Filipinos will support talented Filipinos not wanna be singers like what Korean fans do, no sasaeng pls.  :unsure: , bec. OPM is really dead and boring now a days. We mainly follow/support foreign groups. But how can we not, In my point of view OPM is not moving forward or improves. It's really inferior to foreign one's even to other asian countries.Sad. :._.:  Feel sorry for the music industry

Yes! Ahh those were the good days.  :)

Yeah! missing the good old days.

Hi! Sarangshiteru. I'm Nina.

#50 craptelly

craptelly

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

I love old OPM! 

I wish it could be like the old days where we release actual OPM.. we have something unique in our music, too bad we got too insecure and couldn't be bothered to release better music and just simply rely on old stuff, cover them over and over again.

Despite Freddie Aguilar's reputation now as a pedophile.. he still made great music like Anak. That's song's really great to the point that it even got translated into soooo many languages.

APO Hiking Society! Their entire discography is REALLY AWESOME! And the artists nowadays just keep on making covers of their old stuff! They had an original sound and their lyrics can be inspiring, touching and funny and something you will be able to relate to!

Lea Salonga's tagalog ballads are really great too! She got fame worldwide cos of her prowess as a broadway goddess, but still her classics like Nandito Ako and Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal is something we love hearing from time to time!

And even the old stuff from 90s.. like PNE, Eheads even Roselle Nava, Jolina Magdangal, Carol Banawa, etc...

Now, we just either try to hard to imitate other countries or just keep reviving old tracks. It's very sad...

Although I'm still a fan of Gloc 9!!! I really love his lyrics! A real makata!

#51 YIXINGISM

YIXINGISM

♔ 兴迷 ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

Yeah! missing the good old days.

Hi! Sarangshiteru. I'm Nina.

Hello Nina! Nice meeting you! I'm Jasmine haha  :smile:

tumblr_n6tuamsTWc1sgyexeo1_250.gif

#52 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hello Nina! Nice meeting you! I'm Jasmine haha  :smile:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1e288bcc48a3...

HI! Jasmine, what a sweet smelling name.LOL :lol:

I love old OPM! 

I wish it could be like the old days where we release actual OPM.. we have something unique in our music, too bad we got too insecure and couldn't be bothered to release better music and just simply rely on old stuff, cover them over and over again.

Despite Freddie Aguilar's reputation now as a pedophile.. he still made great music like Anak. That's song's really great to the point that it even got translated into soooo many languages.

APO Hiking Society! Their entire discography is REALLY AWESOME! And the artists nowadays just keep on making covers of their old stuff! They had an original sound and their lyrics can be inspiring, touching and funny and something you will be able to relate to!

Lea Salonga's tagalog ballads are really great too! She got fame worldwide cos of her prowess as a broadway goddess, but still her classics like Nandito Ako and Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal is something we love hearing from time to time!

And even the old stuff from 90s.. like PNE, Eheads even Roselle Nava, Jolina Magdangal, Carol Banawa, etc...

Now, we just either try to hard to imitate other countries or just keep reviving old tracks. It's very sad...

Although I'm still a fan of Gloc 9!!! I really love his lyrics! A real makata!

HI! craptelly!

Yeah! Filipinos loves to imitate and do revivals.

I am sometimes an old soul, so I like Jose Mari Chan's songs, APO Hiking Society is good.

South Border , Rivermaya and Side A are also good. I'll say it again ,  Francis M.,E-heads and Parokya, as I really love them! :)

#53 craptelly

craptelly

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

HI! craptelly!

Yeah! Filipinos loves to imitate and do revivals.

I am sometimes an old soul, so I like Jose Mari Chan's songs, APO Hiking Society is good.

South Border , Rivermaya and Side A are also good. I'll say it again ,  Francis M.,E-heads and Parokya, as I really love them! :)

Ahhh yes South Border!!! T___T

And Jose Mari Chan too! Especially now that Christmas is coming!! "Whenever I see boys and girls selling lanterns on the street~~~"

Even Regine Velasquez as well. Like Pangako and Tuwing Umuulan.. and she used to be internationally famous too! She didn't get the Asia's Songbird title for nothing! She had a duet with Jacky Cheung too.. the song In Love With You..

#54 Ninz

Ninz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationPhil.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:50 PM (Edited by Ninz, 10 November 2014 - 11:51 PM.)

Ahhh yes South Border!!! T___T

And Jose Mari Chan too! Especially now that Christmas is coming!! "Whenever I see boys and girls selling lanterns on the street~~~"

Even Regine Velasquez as well. Like Pangako and Tuwing Umuulan.. and she used to be internationally famous too! She didn't get the Asia's Songbird title for nothing! She had a duet with Jacky Cheung too.. the song In Love With You..

Christmas in our hearts.... That makes me excited, Chistmas is coming!!!Bonus on the go! LOL

I remember that song.Regine is good, and have a lots of good songs and awards n her belt, but I do prefer more Lani Misalucha's voice more.

Aegis for some. :)

#55 craptelly

craptelly

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

Behold the 13th month pay hahahahahaha!!!

hahaha yeah! We had so much talents in our country! T____T And until now we do, but we don't produce music as good as before.

Yeah Lani Misalucha!! Until now her voice is golden!!!  :ilove:

Hahaha Aegis is like the group that anyone can sing along to! Seriously! Anyone in the country knows their songs!

#56 Gracy

Gracy

Plastic Bag Lover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:20 AM

hello..basically, these are my fave Filipino Artists

Nina

Kyla

Juris

:ahmagah:

#57 craptelly

craptelly

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

hello..basically, these are my fave Filipino Artists

Nina

Kyla

Juris

:ahmagah:

I miss Nina~ I used to listen to her songs a lot during high school days.. hahaha

==

:hurr:

#58 nabi

nabi

Wae so serious?

• PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Oh wow that really really sucks so much

Hey! You still watching Pure Love?

#59 ✨ Ass Fat ✨

✨ Ass Fat ✨

Jackson's Hunty

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,345 posts
  • Location#HoneySquad

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hey! You still watching Pure Love?

no :(

i havent gotten much time

im in my last year of high school so i've been studying 

how has it been going so far? 

#60 nabi

nabi

Wae so serious?

• PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

no :(

i havent gotten much time

im in my last year of high school so i've been studying 

how has it been going so far? 

You should be happy. You got your wish. They changed the ending from the original.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filipino, OPM, teleserye, Pinoy

Up, Up and Away!