OneHallyu

Exo: Is Lay Homophobic or Ignorant ? ( watch )

His comment is fine. I don't think it was homophobic. His intentions were to clarify that they like girls, not guys. 

But then again, they go around kissing each other and giving fan service that sends a different message, that their comments in this video show how much fan service is set up. 

What's wrong with clarifying they're not gay?

Most of all, Indonesia is one of the countries that has a large population of muslims and a lot of them are conservative (as in they don't accept gay people as easily as western people). They'd be bashed if they're giving bad influence to young muslim girls.

well...They live in KOREA. a country which is pretty much ignorant about people being gay. (sad truth)...

I think he said that, so that people wouldnt bash them. Honestly That what came up to me, first thing

To make it clear, Lay is the nicest Idol out there let's face it, but he can't say GAYS ARE NOT MEN, I know Exo is not gay, but that single comment fuelled all those ignorants by reafirming their idea that gays are not men, he need to clarify that asap

I think the person who started this topic was not disturbed because they are straight, but because Lay didn't pay attention to gay sensibility. He said "we are real men " [ not gay] Next time he could say "we like girls". I don't think he's homophobic neither ignorant a bit careless.

Most of all, Indonesia is one of the countries that has a large population of muslims and a lot of them are conservative (as in they don't accept gay people as easily as western people). They'd be bashed if they're giving bad influence to young muslim girls.

Lets say IF they were gay, how can they have a BAD influence on (muslim) girls...?...I dont understand  this part.

We live in 2014, the 21th century, People are being open if they are gay (well most of em)...So even if EXO werent gay, other people in indonesia would be. and these girls would eventually meet a gay person. 

Each to his own, be it gay, bi, straight etc...;)

Archived