Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

All-Kill? Perfect All-kill? Rooftoop hit? 5 minute chart?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 sparkilene

sparkilene

MAMAMOO's PR Team - Archivist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM (Edited by sparkilene, 12 November 2014 - 08:00 PM.)

All-kill
#1 on all possible Korean Music Charts:

• MelOn, Genie, MNet, Bugs, Soribada,Olleh, Daum, Naver, Monkey, (+ Cyworld for non-SM acts)
  • I purposely ordered the bolded charts by relevance. Those are the Top 5 charts.
  • Basically, MelOn is overwhelmingly the #1 chart (EDIT: updated with 2014 information); no one (*coughAKPcough*) should be creating all-kill scenarios that don't include it. 

Certified All-Kill (Instiz ONLY)

• #1 on all Realtime Charts
  • #1 on all Daily Charts

Picture of Hyorin getting a Certified All-Kill

Spoiler

Perfect All-Kill (Instiz ONLY)
AKA all #1 everything:

• #1 on all realtime charts
  • #1 on all daily charts
  • #1 on Instiz Weekly Chart
  • When I say all, I mean the above list + Cyworld

An Instiz PAK is very difficult to get. Right off the bat, SM artists will never get one because of the Cyworld issue. I think IU may have been the last artist who has pulled it off. Recently, SISTAR got really close with "Touch My Body"--in fact Instiz accidentally tweeted that they got it, but took it back; I think they were missing Cyworld daily or realtime at the time.

picture of IU's latest PAK: 

Spoiler

Other "All-Kills"?

• MelOn has their own Perfect All-Kill (that they gave to Winner's Empty). (EDIT: people in the Winner PAK thread seem to agree that the criteria is #1 realtime, #1 daily, #1 weekly and #1 album)

• I've heard people use "all-kill" to refer to the phenomenon of all n tracks on an album taking the top n spots in a single chart. (For example, if the mini-album has 5 songs, then it's when those songs are #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5). AFAIK that's not official, but I get why people would want to consider it an achievement.

• And of course there is the "Real-time All-Kill" when a song gets #1 on all the realtime (hourly) charts

Rooftop Hit/"Hitting the Roof" 
Not merely hitting #1, but being an extremely dominant #1. It used to be much easier to hit the roof multiple times on MelOn before they changed their formula. I think the current record holder for # of rooftop hits is MC Mong's "Did You Miss Me" with 16 roof hits.

BwpNz_wCMAElcPq.png:large

Why milestones on the 5-minute chart shouldn't count 

Oh look, Superjunior Mamacita was #2 on MelOn at 5:05 AM:
f3KShiy.png

Wait a second, it's 5:10, where did Mamacita go? Did I hallucinate the previous 5 minutes? (And I mean that literally because I was the one who took these screenshots)
EJztz6Q.png

Their eventual rank that hour? Nowhere near the Top 10 not even to talk about the Top 3. 

A similar, less dramatic, example was Infinite's Back. It'd hit #1 early on in the hour on MelOn's 5 minute chart, but when the hourly update came, it'd be somewhere between #3 and #5.

If you really want to count 5-minute chart #1s, I can't stop you, but my personal opinion is that the 5 minute chart is too volatile to mean much.

Let me know if I got anything wrong, or if I'm missing something that you think should be included.

EDIT: Forgot to include the genie chart, sorry

#2 thatsvicchan

thatsvicchan

♢ OH's Trouble Maker ♢

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

Beautiful thread.  :rlytearpls:

#3 kutecartoon

kutecartoon

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

i dont even know Mamacita went to #2 for a few min..... noted..... reported to my fandom  :imstupid:

#4 dishdash

dishdash

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

finally some freakin clarification.... now maybe people will stop the endless fights over "all kills" and "perfect all kills."

#5 Paper Ice Cream

Paper Ice Cream

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓨𝓸𝓾, 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓜𝓮

• Hall OH Fame
  • 19,830 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Yes for the clarification. :smile:

#6 thot

thot

shin_ramyun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

Annoying how there's so many "charts" in Korea.

#7 Barcelovita

Barcelovita

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

tts whisper sucks~ it really sucks whats wrong with people ~ baby steps is a far better song not boring whisper :/

Whisper >>>> wall >>>>> Mamacita

#8 Lana And The Diamonds

Lana And The Diamonds

Born to die

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

finally

#9 Ian.

Ian.

♡ 에이핑크7주년 ♡

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,625 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Tq for this^^^^^^

#10 ripiasuju

ripiasuju

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

Whisper >>>> wall >>>>> Mamacita

ur a real comedian ^^ but midnight blues>>

#11 Zhai

Zhai

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:52 AM (Edited by Zhai, 14 September 2014 - 05:57 AM.)

melon cockblocking TTS
how can all chart rank them #1 but only one don't ?
or because shitty EXO L fans who keep comment bad things about taeyeon on melon and hitting the dislike button

http://onehallyu.com...ckblocking-tts/

anyway  , this is not even important . sistar or busker busker can hit 1st on korean digital chart but outside korea, they are just a little better than nugus 

only few kpop artist who really recognizeable and popular internationally that sometimes even non-kpop fans know them

#12 SAUCY

SAUCY

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,605 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

A+ post thanks

I hope it gets stuck somewhere, it's very nice. I'd also like to know more about the other realtime and daily charts. They always confuse me. As do music shows. 

#13 no nonsense

no nonsense

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

All-kill

#1 on all possible Korean Music Charts:

• MelOn, Bugs, MNet, Olleh, Soribada, Genie, Daum, Naver, Monkey, (+ Cyworld for non-SM acts)
  • I purposely ordered the bolded charts by relevance. Those are the Top 5 charts.
  • Basically, MelOn is overwhelmingly the #1 chart; no one (*coughAKPcough*) should be creating all-kill scenarios that don't include it. 

Rooftop Hit/"Hitting the Roof" 

Not merely hitting #1, but being an extremely dominant #1. It used to be much easier to hit the roof multiple times on MelOn before they changed their formula. I think the current record holder for # of rooftop hits is Ladies Code's "I'm Fine, Thank You" and Busker Busker solo with 3 hits.

Great post, good info. Good job :)

A few questions:

- wasn't 'all kill' referring to being the #1 on the 7 most important music charts? That's why SM artists could get that one, bc Cyworld wasn't one of those.

- the rooftop hits, when did they change the system? Because I can recall Soyou's 'Some' get something like 42 rooftop hits, but maybe I read that wrong.

#14 sparkilene

sparkilene

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:10 AM (Edited by sparkilene, 14 September 2014 - 06:20 AM.)

melon cockblocking TTS
how can all chart rank them #1 but only one don't ?
or because shitty EXO L fans who keep comment bad things about taeyeon on melon and hitting the dislike button
http://onehallyu.com...ckblocking-tts/

The like/dislike button has nothing to do with hitting #1. The only things that matter in MelOn are Downloads (60%) and Streams (40%).

The reason why it's so hard for MelOn #1 is that MelOn is the most popular music site.

This thread on Market Share for Music Charts is instructive. It's only for 2012 and 2013 but I doubt the numbers have changed much.

Melon: 61.7%
MNet: 15.9%
Bugs: 10.3%
Olleh: 9.1%
Soribada: 3.0%

(I put Bugs over MNet in list in the OP but the source of my list was from WAEnt this year and I figured an entertainment company would have accurate, up-to-date info)

The other music charts are not nearly as popular so it's a lot easier for songs to hit #1 there due to large fanbase activity.

#15 Paper Ice Cream

Paper Ice Cream

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓨𝓸𝓾, 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓜𝓮

• Hall OH Fame
  • 19,830 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

A few questions:

- wasn't 'all kill' referring to being the #1 on the 7 most important music charts? That's why SM artists could get that one, bc Cyworld wasn't one of those.

- the rooftop hits, when did they change the system? Because I can recall Soyou's 'Some' get something like 42 rooftop hits, but maybe I read that wrong.

Some got 42 (or like 43) the time when MelOn hasn't change the system yet. ^^

Now, it's kinda rare to get roof hits. XD

#16 Nada

Nada

Nobody can help me

• PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

that helps a lot thanks

#17 sparkilene

sparkilene

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:19 AM (Edited by sparkilene, 14 September 2014 - 06:35 AM.)

A few questions:

Is it really that hard to chart #1 on charts like naver, daum and monkey? I would understand not counting Cyworld not only because of the SM issue, but because the Cyworld chart is very volatile, with random irrelevant songs getting #1. But 7 charts seems like an arbitrary number.

Melon changed their chart in late June iirc. It's much harder to hit the roof now than it was in Feburary when Some was released.

#18 mintymoop

mintymoop

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

thank you! very informative.

#19 Ice_

Ice_

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Nice thread.
Now I got more knowledge about korea confusing chart.

#20 no nonsense

no nonsense

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Is it really that hard to chart #1 on charts like naver, daum and monkey? I would understand not counting Cyworld not only because of the SM issue, but because the Cyworld chart is very volatile, with random irrelevant songs getting #1. But 7 charts seems like an arbitrary number.

Melon changed their chart in late June iirc. It's much harder to hit the roof now than it was in Feburary when Some was released.

I've no idea why it was seven, but that's the number I read several times. Maybe they thought those were the 7 ones that mattered, the people behind the all kill idea.

In any case, for the Perfect All Kill all 11 (12?) music channels are included, incl Cyworld.

Maybe they changed it bc of Some hitting the rooftop that many times? I can't recall other songs or groups hitting the roof for 40+ times. I don't know if it's a thing for Melon to change their chart calculations on a regular base.

Up, Up and Away!