Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Candykiss

Disc Do you like eyebags/aegyo sal

2e5inf4.gif

Left is with eyebags/aegyo sal and right is without

Basically it's skin colored eyebags lol

Contrary to general beliefs and perceptions, Koreans find eyebags an illusion of youth, cute even. Called aegyo sal (eyebags or eye pouches), they can be seen on high profile artistes to the women on the streets of Korea. A new aesthetic procedure known as Korean Love Band Eyes or Youthlites is designed to mimic the natural youthful fullness found in the skin just below the lower lashes. 

Creating the optical illusion of double eyelids, this procedure is suitable for those who want bigger looking eyes. Younger looking, cuter and more adorable are the results from this treatment, befitting its namesake aegyo which means sweet, childlike charm. With a dash of dermal fillers under the lower lashes, you can look almost ten years younger!

It seems eyebags, those little pockets of fat deposits under the eye, are all the rage these days. Notice how the eyes get slightly puffy each time you smile? The slight puffiness gives your eyes a sweet smiling look. Imagine being able to create that illusion without actually smiling but with just that slight puffiness under the eye.  

Aegyo derives from the Chinese characters “love (ae)†and “beautiful (gyo).†Therefore it comes as no surprise that aegyo is considered a feminine trait.

According to Urban Dictionary, this trait is generally attributed to women who are able to charm men and elders through a careful balance of sweetness, cuteness, poutiness, modesty, thoughtfulness, and even submissiveness.

A woman with aegyo knows to blush at dirty jokes rather than guffaw along with her mouth agape and she knows to let out a modest, appealing squeal as she grabs tightly to her date’s hand during a horror flick.

Aegyo is considered such an essential female trait to warrant a cosmetic surgery procedure called “aegyo surgery†in which aegyo sal [skin] is created on the bottom eyelid to create a sweeter and more innocent appearance.

Eyebags happen to even the best of us and more often than not, major lack of sleep is the cause. It’s like droopy skin and they make one look tired. It’s no surprise that most people would want to rid of them or in the very least, lessen them.

Don’t mistaken crinkly or dark purplish eyebags to be aegyo sal. The aegyo sal is nudish and pinkish or of the same tone as your skin.

http://www.aestheticshub.com/articles/face/annyeonghaseyo-aegyo-sal-for-the-love-of-korean-eyebags

IDK it's like eyelashes, I don't notice it...

it's pretty obvious some times

tumblr_lcsgyhodyE1qbsw6z.jpg

it's pretty obvious some times

tumblr_lcsgyhodyE1qbsw6z.jpg

Maybe only Asians notice this stuff? I don't even notice or care

Seriously...?

Depends some people look good with it some not.. but in most cases no..just look at Tao, his eyebags aren't sexy.. He looks like he's taking drugs or something else

tumblr_m52t7jIs3T1r75kcz.jpg

I actually notice this allot. But I never knew this was a thing..or a look for that matter. I think it looks pretty cute...idk why though

I think they're cute and they give them a bubbly air.  :stare:

I have them too, but it's not from lack of sleep or anything. They're just there idk :3

I don't think it's attractive at all, but it's not something that I really care about..

Looks good only on certain people, like KARA's Seungyeon and Song Hye Kyo.

But most people look tired with it..Go Hye Sun, WG's Sunye, KARA's Gyuri..

The worst I've seen is SNSD Seohyun. 

Don't be so insecure Candy, you're beautiful.  :3

It depends. In the pics provided the women do look much younger - makes their eyeballs look fuller and it gives the illusion they're smiley or more likely to smile (mine show up even if I smile a tiny bit).

However, most idols just look they had a sleepless night.

I thought eye bags mean something else. And they're not pretty.

But aegyo sal is fine. In fact from the pics above, their eyes look prettier/softer with aegyo sal.

Yeah, it makes people look more approachable and innocent - but of course I would like people to have natural ones.

I have them :3

i actually wondered about that before. I never knew it was a thing they did on purpose. I thought it was some side effect that happens after double eyelid surgery or something.

i never get eyebags

but all the idols seem to have them. they must have worked really hard...