• Please log in to reply
3598 replies to this topic

#1 Truth_hurts

Truth_hurts

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,991 posts
  • Locationguess

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:45 AM (Edited by Truth_hurts, 14 October 2017 - 02:02 PM.)

Basketball-Banner-Template.png

Welcome to the Official Basketball thread

We Openly discuss everything about Basketball here

Not just NBA but other league such as CBA, NCAA , Liga ACB, Euro League , NBA D League, FIBA and etc.

Will also be discuss here as well

Liga_ACB_Logo.jpg

int@fiba.gif

NCAA_primaryc.gif

useful NBA sites

Keep updated on you teams here

nba

espn

bleacherreport

cbssports

sportingnews

/r/nba/

stream NBA games here

/r/nbastreams/

NBA

NBA Trade Tracker

NBA Free agents: 2017 and 2018

Key free agency dates

July 1: Free agency begins after midnight ET
July 6: Moratorium ends at noon ET; signings and trades can be made official
July 13: Deadline to withdraw qualifying offers to restricted free agents
July 15: Deadline to sign first-round draft picks
Sept. 5: Deadline to sign second-round draft picks

(will be updating more later)

#2 Stormborn

Stormborn

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationBetween Two Lungs

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

I used to play basketball, from the years of like 5-7. I became so good at it. But once I entered high school, the only people that played were year 12 students so I just gave up on nearly all physical activity lol. 

Not an NBA fan here, though.

#3 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Location~Aomination World~

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

I think you can add  fiba world cup into this thread...

#4 hit22

hit22

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

I tried playing basketball ..It was awfull :omgwtf:  I ended up with a broken leg

I guess sports are not for me .

I'm going to stick with my running and aerobics.

you play basketball K.D.A?

#5 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

NBA’s top 20 free agents

Dwight Howard, C, Lakers

Chris Paul, G, Clippers
Andre Iguodala, F, Nuggets
David West, F, Pacers
Josh Smith, F, Hawks
Paul Millsap, F, Jazz
Kevin Martin, G, Thunder
Monta Ellis, G, Bucks
Al Jefferson, C, Jazz
Jarrett Jack, G, Golden State
Andrew Bynum, C, 76ers
Tyreke Evans, G, Kings
Nikola Pekovic, C, Timberwolves
Jeff Teague, G, Hawks
Brandon Jennings, G, Bucks
Tony Allen, F, Grizzlies
Manu Ginobili, G, Spurs
J.R. Smith, G, Knicks
Andrei Kirilenko, F, Timberwolves
Gerald Henderson, G, Bobcats

#6 KwonNara

KwonNara

Never Ever, Ever gonna let you go!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,425 posts
  • LocationVenus

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Nice thread

#7 1nfinitieeE_Ace

1nfinitieeE_Ace

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationGrandLine

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think you can add  fiba world cup into this thread...

Done man 

I tried playing basketball ..It was awfull :omgwtf:  I ended up with a broken leg

I guess sports are not for me .

I'm going to stick with my running and aerobics.

you play basketball K.D.A?

Used to lol back in the highschool days 

havent play it for awhile now

btw i also got some injury from it as well bt not that bad lol 

Nice thread

thx

NBA’s top 20 free agents

Dwight Howard, C, Lakers

Chris Paul, G, Clippers
Andre Iguodala, F, Nuggets
David West, F, Pacers
Josh Smith, F, Hawks
Paul Millsap, F, Jazz
Kevin Martin, G, Thunder
Monta Ellis, G, Bucks
Al Jefferson, C, Jazz
Jarrett Jack, G, Golden State
Andrew Bynum, C, 76ers
Tyreke Evans, G, Kings
Nikola Pekovic, C, Timberwolves
Jeff Teague, G, Hawks
Brandon Jennings, G, Bucks
Tony Allen, F, Grizzlies
Manu Ginobili, G, Spurs
J.R. Smith, G, Knicks
Andrei Kirilenko, F, Timberwolves
Gerald Henderson, G, Bobcats

wonder where those top 2 free agents will land lol 

especially Chris Paul 

I used to play basketball, from the years of like 5-7. I became so good at it. But once I entered high school, the only people that played were year 12 students so I just gave up on nearly all physical activity lol. 

Not an NBA fan here, though.

i started to play more Basketball during my highschool lol 

#8 lawlaw

lawlaw

lawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawl

• Hall OH Fame
  • 9,414 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Bulls fan here. not from Chicago but Luol Deng plays for Great Britain and is my inspiration.

I played throughout University days as well but our team never got anyway high up XD

I also support the BBL (british league) but the league is pitifully organised and supported, its sad really. 

#9 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Done man 

Used to lol back in the highschool days 

havent play it for awhile now

btw i also got some injury from it as well bt not that bad lol 

thx

wonder where those top 2 free agents will land lol 

especially Chris Paul 

i started to play more Basketball during my highschool lol 

Chris paul will probably resign again with clippers and Doc river official became the head coach for clippers 

Bulls fan here. not from Chicago but Luol Deng plays for Great Britain and is my inspiration.

I played throughout University days as well but our team never got anyway high up XD

I also support the BBL (british league) but the league is pitifully organised and supported, its sad really. 

I am Heat fan here, My favorite player is Dwayne Wade and i was hoping  he can retire his jersey for future hall of frame as a heat player.

I only won street basketball trophy  during my high school period.

#10 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Two sides to Doc Rivers’s exit as Celtics coach

doc-big-7503.jpg

When the possibility of coaching the Clippers became more of a reality, Doc Rivers didn’t exactly pledge his loyalty to the Celtics.

It’s not that Danny Ainge or Doc Rivers are stretching the truth, they are just telling their sides of the story of how their divorce occurred. The fans of Boston are playing the role of settlement judge.

Did Rivers simply want out of Boston and forced his way to Los Angeles by giving the Celtics a series of ultimatums, or attempt to persuade the organization to push through with the trade to the Clippers by expressing ambivalence about the future. Or did the Celtics, looking to rebuild and remove Rivers’s remaining $21 million from their books, urge the Clippers to execute a deal because they knew Rivers wouldn’t be on board with a rebuild?

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. Rivers wanted to coach for championships. He didn’t want to coach a team without Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, and he truly believed his message was getting stale in the locker room. When the possibility of coaching the Clippers became more of a reality, Rivers didn’t exactly pledge his loyalty to the Celtics.

#11 1nfinitieeE_Ace

1nfinitieeE_Ace

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationGrandLine

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Spur fan here lol 

as far as i know British didnt even bother much about Basketball lol 

i dun even join the BBall team in my school lol XD only played it during lunch time and after school 

Chris paul will probably resign again with clippers and Doc river official became the head coach for clippers 

I am Heat fan here, My favorite player is Dwayne Wade and i was hoping  he can retire his jersey for future hall of frame as a heat player.

I only won street basketball trophy  during my high school period.

i guess so hahahaha but pretty sure that Howard arent staying in Laker lol 

#12 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Spur fan here lol 

as far as i know British didnt even bother much about Basketball lol 

i dun even join the BBall team in my school lol XD only played it during lunch time and after school 

i guess so hahahaha but pretty sure that Howard arent staying in Laker lol 

@K.D.A I think Lakers can't keep a hold on Howard.  He probably bring his talent to Rockets and start playing with Harden and Jeremy Lin.

#13 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 14,120 posts
  • LocationBallroom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hola. I like the Celtics and OKC. I used to play basketball in middle school and 1 year in high school, but now I quit because I just don't like playing anymore OTL. And my skills aren't that great anyway so I was more of a bench warmer this year.  :>_>:

I'm pissed that KG, PP and JET got traded to Brooklyn for some guys that have their contracts expiring and a fame whore.  :donthinkso: I hate the idea of letting Rondo go because we want to build the franchise around him w/ Green and maybe Bradley? Dallas wants Howard, Dirk and Rondo as their next trio (instead of CPaul if hes gonna sign with the Clippers). My kokoro can't take it if he gets traded or doesn't sign with Boston again next year (contract expiring) but then I understand if he wants to take his talents else where and not waste it.

#14 1nfinitieeE_Ace

1nfinitieeE_Ace

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationGrandLine

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

@K.D.A I think Lakers can't keep a hold on Howard.  He probably bring his talent to Rockets and start playing with Harden and Jeremy Lin.

i heard he also intlk with alot of other teams aswell 

would be really interesting to see them 3 in the same team 

but both Lin and Howard were doing really poor last season 

hope they will do well like they did the previous team this season 

#15 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hola. I like the Celtics and OKC. I used to play basketball in middle school and 1 year in high school, but now I quit because I just don't like playing anymore OTL. And my skills aren't that great anyway so I was more of a bench warmer this year.  :>_>:

I'm pissed that KG, PP and JET got traded to Brooklyn for some guys that have their contracts expiring and a fame whore.  :donthinkso: I hate the idea of letting Rondo go because we want to build the franchise around him w/ Green and maybe Bradley? Dallas wants Howard, Dirk and Rondo as their next trio (instead of CPaul if hes gonna sign with the Clippers). My kokoro can't take it if he gets traded or doesn't sign with Boston again next year (contract expiring) but then I understand if he wants to take his talents else where and not waste it.

Sad case for Celtics, after Allen left, Doc river went to Clippers as a head coach and KG leaving to Nets. It is hard for  Rondo and Paul Pierce carry the team.

Healthy rondo ~

tumblr_mh0j5jf5Bc1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.gif

i heard he also intlk with alot of other teams aswell 

would be really interesting to see them 3 in the same team 

but both Lin and Howard were doing really poor last season 

hope they will do well like they did the previous team this season 

A number of rumors indicate Howard will get alot of attention during trade period. I hear some recent news Rondo might be trade to Dallas Mavericks

12713_Rondo2.jpg

The Celtics have reportedly talked with the Mavericks about a possible trade of Rajon Rondo

#16 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

• Hall OH Fame
  • 14,120 posts
  • LocationBallroom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Sad case for Celtics, after Allen left, Doc river went to Clippers as a head coach and KG leaving to Nets. It is hard for  Rondo and Paul Pierce carry the team.

Healthy rondo ~

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2e9ae312fd738...

A number of rumors indicate Howard will get alot of attention during trade period. I hear some recent news Rondo might be trade to Dallas Mavericks

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/w...

The Celtics have reportedly talked with the Mavericks about a possible trade of Rajon Rondo

Pierce went to Brooklyn w/ KG too lol. Their like a package together so I'm guessing thats why KG waived his no-trade thing to go with Paul. But I guess the new Brooklyn lineup would be beast and some people think they could get far in the playoffs with that. But then theres Kidd coaching for his first time so.. >-<

#17 1nfinitieeE_Ace

1nfinitieeE_Ace

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationGrandLine

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

i dun support either team lol but i do like some of the players from OKC tho 

lol i dun even bother joining the team -_________- cbf to do all those training lol 

:donthinkso:  not a great move from Celtic there and if they really gonna let go of Rondo then this is the end for them 

btw when will he back from his injury ?

Healthy rondo ~

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2e9ae312fd738...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/w...

like i said above that was very poor move from Celtic - - 

howard is like Lewan of Basketball world lol 

everyone is keeping an eyes on where will be here next lol 

#18 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

• Hall OH Fame
  • 14,120 posts
  • LocationBallroom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

i dun support either team lol but i do like some of the players from OKC tho 

lol i dun even bother joining the team -_________- cbf to do all those training lol 

:donthinkso:  not a great move from Celtic there and if they really gonna let go of Rondo then this is the end for them 

btw when will he back from his injury ?

Eh we gotta go in rebuild mode anyway so with or without Rondo those are the only options.  :._.: We allowed some guys to play summer league for us and I think 1 of them could be a backup Rondo. He already got his surgery back in February I think so he's already good to go for '13-'14.

#19 AOMINATION

AOMINATION

♋=〖無定式投籃〗=♋

• PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Pierce went to Brooklyn w/ KG too lol. Their like a package together so I'm guessing thats why KG waived his no-trade thing to go with Paul. But I guess the new Brooklyn lineup would be beast and some people think they could get far in the playoffs with that. But then theres Kidd coaching for his first time so.. >-<

This is getting bad, There were no longer a big four exist in Celtics, and i agree  Brooklyn is going to be beast with the help of  old Celtics players and they might win next year playoff game.

I didn't know Kidd became the head coach for brooklyn and i thought he was retired and not coming back to nba. Good for him.

#20 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

• Hall OH Fame
  • 14,120 posts
  • LocationBallroom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

This is getting bad, There were no longer a big four exist in Celtics, and i agree  Brooklyn is going to be beast with the help of  old Celtics players and they might win next year playoff game.

I didn't know Kidd became the head coach for brooklyn and i thought he was retired and not coming back to nba. Good for him.

I think Pierce's contract is expiring next year and KG still has 2 more years left? Idk I gotta look that up. But Kidd should hopefully not eff up their first year because they might not have another season with the same guys that could go well into the playoffs..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Basketbal, Sport, Nba, Cba, FIBA, NCAA, WNBA

Up, Up and Away!