• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#1 Garnet

Garnet

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:01 PM (Edited by Garnet, 25 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.)

... Why this man hasn't got a thread in here yet??

Can you explain me? WHY?

Okay, then I'll proceed:

rain.jpg

This man from Seoul, 1982 vintage and whose real name is Jung Jihoon, is probably one of the most famous Asian soloists.

He has been active since 1998, when he used to belong to a boyband called Fanclub. After disbanding, he would enter in many auditions, and he would be refused because he didn't have double eyelids. Until one day, destiny made him to meet Jin Young Park (aka JYP) and after hours of restless dancing, he was finally in: Rain was about to born, debut date April 2002.

As well as singer, he has made a handful of appearances in TV shows and films, and he even has some kind of playful rivalry with the American comedian Stephen Colbert.

Rain completed his military service and was discharged on July 10, 2013. His new album 'Rain Effect' is now available and the first comeback stage will be on January 9th on Mnet's "M! Countdown".

His new reality show 'Rain Effect' (aired on Mnet) ended recently. Please check it out the thread: http://onehallyu.com...-effect-thread/

Are you excited?

Discography:

Spoiler

World tours:

Filmography:

Spoiler

Awards and nominations

http://en.wikipedia....eceived_by_Rain

Selected music videos:

Rain's Twitter account: @29rain

Rain & Cloud Official Twitter: @WWRC2014

Other Twitter accounts to follow: @rainyent @cubeunited

Rain's Weibo: http://www.weibo.com...5&mod=TAB#place

Rain's Instagram: http://instagram.com/30rain

Sources: Wikipedia, CloudUSA.

Original post by Canapedefresa, modified by Garnet

#2 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Rain.  :chu:

#3 aleee

aleee

G.Orgeous ♥

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.S

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

DADDY RAIN  :ahmagah:

1585nup1.gif

28hzn8l1.gif

#4 saekutoxxx

saekutoxxx

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationMTL HABSNATION

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

LOVE~~

#5 TerrorizingKids

TerrorizingKids

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationBR

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

omg thank you! his the ultimate one! the most everything.  :lub:

i can't wait anymore ): 

#6 momo

momo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts
  • Locationmomoland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

I admire him so much :stare:

#7 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationPlaying in Himchan's pants

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

He's a hotty. Here is one of my favorite Rain performances

My all time favorite Rain song

Now time for Rain spam!!

1585nup1.gif

tumblr_mijvycymXI1s2n23ho1_250.gif

bi-Rain31.jpg

Bi-Rain-korean-actors-and-actresses-3049

#8 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

We have to do something MASSIVE once he is discharged from the army. It's only two months ahead.

tumblr_mlzb3wN9Tw1s8489zo1_500.jpg

#9 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Not sure if anyone heard, but Rain signed with Cube Entertainment and is supposed to make a comeback after he is released from the army in July ^_^

Rain Signs On to Cube Entertainment
music
14112-xt6a5zenjh.jpg

Along with announcing the comeback of one of their biggest groupsBEAST,CUBE Entertainment also announced in a statement on their official company website that Rain will joining the company after he completes his military service.

In the statement, CEO Hong Seung Sung talked about his history with Rain. The two had apparently been very close while Rain was still signed under JYP Entertainment. In the statement, Hong Seung Sung stated, "We have been of strong support for each other, and didn't hesitate to give each other advice, becoming supportive friends to one another. We were happy to see each other growing and becoming successful. And coming this spring 2013, Rain and Hong Seung Sung will embark on a new journey together

"I remember May 2002, where we got to see world star Rain’s debut stage and I can’t hide the excitement just thinking about that spring. Afterwards, many beautiful springs have come to pass.

"He’s a singer, actor and producer and have set a lot of records as ‘the first.’ You’ll be able to witness the beginning of Rain’s second wave now, who doesn’t know limits and have shown his potential by becoming a world star entertainer.

Hong Seung Sung would close the statement by saying, “With that thought, I want to thank Rain for his loyalty despite receiving many offers from other places. Also, during his trainee years, he constantly aimed for ten years ahead, which resulted in today’s passionate Rain. I’m preparing every single day like a partner and friend. I promise that I will return your never ending love and support for Rain and make sure the company leaves a beautiful legacy. I will wholeheartedly and sincerely do my best as his partner. I will not avoid risky paths, but will be thankful that we can do this together."

Rain is set to be discharged from the military in July.

cr. jpopasia.com , pak

#10 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

We have to do something MASSIVE once he is discharged from the army. It's only two months ahead.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/aea5f652f05f9...

Its like right around the corner! Plus hearing new news about him completing his army time has me super excited!

#11 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Not sure if anyone heard, but Rain signed with Cube Entertainment and is supposed to make a comeback after he is released from the army in July ^_^

Rain Signs On to Cube Entertainment
music

Along with announcing the comeback of one of their biggest groupsBEAST,CUBE Entertainment also announced in a statement on their official company website that Rain will joining the company after he completes his military service.

In the statement, CEO Hong Seung Sung talked about his history with Rain. The two had apparently been very close while Rain was still signed under JYP Entertainment. In the statement, Hong Seung Sung stated, "We have been of strong support for each other, and didn't hesitate to give each other advice, becoming supportive friends to one another. We were happy to see each other growing and becoming successful. And coming this spring 2013, Rain and Hong Seung Sung will embark on a new journey together

"I remember May 2002, where we got to see world star Rain’s debut stage and I can’t hide the excitement just thinking about that spring. Afterwards, many beautiful springs have come to pass.

"He’s a singer, actor and producer and have set a lot of records as ‘the first.’ You’ll be able to witness the beginning of Rain’s second wave now, who doesn’t know limits and have shown his potential by becoming a world star entertainer.

Hong Seung Sung would close the statement by saying, “With that thought, I want to thank Rain for his loyalty despite receiving many offers from other places. Also, during his trainee years, he constantly aimed for ten years ahead, which resulted in today’s passionate Rain. I’m preparing every single day like a partner and friend. I promise that I will return your never ending love and support for Rain and make sure the company leaves a beautiful legacy. I will wholeheartedly and sincerely do my best as his partner. I will not avoid risky paths, but will be thankful that we can do this together."

Rain is set to be discharged from the military in July.

cr. jpopasia.com , pak

I'm so happy to hear he will sign for Cube. I wish he has better luck than now with those "he's vermin" bullshit. 

Its like right around the corner! Plus hearing new news about him completing his army time has me super excited!

Yes :')

#12 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm so happy to hear he will sign for Cube. I wish he has better luck than now with those "he's vermin" bullshit. 

Yes :')

Wait lol can you fill me in with the "he's vermin" quote...whats that about:?

#13 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Wait lol can you fill me in with the "he's vermin" quote...whats that about:?

Haven't you heard about all the Korean netizen slash to Rain because he alledgely had more free days in the army than allowed? That he's boyfriend to an actress (they are considered as a superior rank than idols)? That he can't compete with HB because the former became a Marine and Rain was a Corporal?

#14 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Haven't you heard about all the Korean netizen slash to Rain because he alledgely had more free days in the army than allowed? That he's boyfriend to an actress (they are considered as a superior rank than idols)? That he can't compete with HB because the former became a Marine and Rain was a Corporal?

To be honest, I try to stir away from Koran Netizens...the majority of them are uptight, disrespectful, annoying assholes. But is there an article on this. >.< I mean, Rain just joined the army, I dont see how he is in high ranks. But to be fair, its not like other k idols don't get special treatment in the army anyway.

#15 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

To be honest, I try to stir away from Koran Netizens...the majority of them are uptight, disrespectful, annoying assholes. But is there an article on this. >.< I mean, Rain just joined the army, I dont see how he is in high ranks. But to be fair, its not like other k idols don't get special treatment in the army anyway.

Indeed. This post is great, but I fear it is not taken seriously because it comes from a fanpage. Its main admin has really worked in periodistic matters:

http://cloudusa.word...d-for-25-211/

(Go where it is written "Getting to the bottom of RAINmaggedon 2013")

#16 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Indeed. This post is great, but I fear it is not taken seriously because it comes from a fanpage. Its main admin has really worked in periodistic matters:

http://cloudusa.word...d-for-25-211/

(Go where it is written "Getting to the bottom of RAINmaggedon 2013")

You see, this is why i don't follow up with those damn over bearing K-Netizens. They blew everything out of proportion! The fact that he took actual less days than regular soldiers and was being ridiculed for taking more than that. Its clear here that Netizens are angry because he was dating a famous actress. You know how most k netienz are, they feel like idols belong to them and them only. I think this was all a jealous rage and a reason to pick and nag on Rain. Plus its not like he wasn't doing his duties. He actual just applied for a different program in the army. Its nothing wrong with that.

#17 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

You see, this is why i don't follow up with those damn over bearing K-Netizens. They blew everything out of proportion! The fact that he took actual less days than regular soldiers and was being ridiculed for taking more than that. Its clear here that Netizens are angry because he was dating a famous actress. You know how most k netienz are, they feel like idols belong to them and them only. I think this was all a jealous rage and a reason to pick and nag on Rain. Plus its not like he wasn't doing his duties. He actual just applied for a different program in the army. Its nothing wrong with that.

You've summed it up very clearly. 

Oh, and have you heard Rain supposedly signing with Jay Z? Isn't CUBE's sign an exclusive contract? Will be wait until HE says what he has to say. 

#18 Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Jung❣Ha❣Sang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

You've summed it up very clearly. 

Oh, and have you heard Rain supposedly signing with Jay Z? Isn't CUBE's sign an exclusive contract? Will be wait until HE says what he has to say. 

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, what signing with Jay Z!!! When, where and how?  I just read the article about him signing with Cube! How can he sign with Jay -Z?

#19 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, what signing with Jay Z!!! When, where and how?  I just read the article about him signing with Cube! How can he sign with Jay -Z?

Here: http://onehallyu.com...act-with-jay-z/

But I take it with a pinch of salt

#20 MoinkGDswag

MoinkGDswag

Idol

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Locationgettin dat Jiyong sauce ;p

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

HELLOOOO~~~  (NEWBIE)

love rain too

here too support hahaha