Photo

[NB] Education is just an excuse for girl group members to leave?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Taeyeon

Taeyeon

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

201305050811481131_1.jpg

Article: The deceit of girl group withdrawals, "We thought it was for their education, but..."

Source: Mydaily via Naver + Nate

Article talks about how a lot of girl group members are leaving their groups to go back to school but the school ends up either as an excuse or a lie for other activities. Mentions Yookyung's controversy, Jihae leaving Girl's Day for school but currently promoting as an actress, Soyoung leaving After School for school and her health but also switching paths to an actress, Chanmi, three members leaving EXID, which sparked rumors of team discord, Sunmi, and finally Riko from Rania.

1. [+400, -3] Sunmi supposedly left the group for her education but I haven't seen her once for the past few years when I pass by her department building at Dongguk University every single day. Nobody else in my major has ever seen her either. She left for school but she's never at school so what exactly is she doing?

2. [+347, -5] What's the point about leaving for your education and then coming back as an actress?

3. [+308, -2] I wonder how genuine they are when they go from singing and dancing all day to suddenly wanting to focus on your education

4. [+230, -8] Instead of lying about leaving the group for their education, they should just admit it from the start that they want to go into acting. It's because they use excuses like education that no one believes that there are all these rumors about bullying and discord. And do they seriously think they can act if they couldn't even stay in a group that expects the bare minimum from them in terms of performance?

5. [+221, -20] Soshi is really at the top when it comes to things like this. Other groups go through so many member changes but the nine of them have stuck through it for over 5 years.

6. [+155, -4] Yeah, I never really believe them when they say they're leaving for education. They spent all those years suffering as a trainee and they're going to give all that up now? As if. It's all a ploy to upkeep image by the company.

7. [+97, -6] I doubt any of them really left to pursue their education... After Sunmi left, it became a trend to use your education as an excuse to leave the group ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+59, -3] Had no idea Chanmi left the group. Who sings for them now then?

9. [+51, -22] It's unfortunate if they're being kicked out but you can't really help it when you don't have the talents to back yourself up either

#2 CookieCrisp

CookieCrisp

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

First off riko didn't leave rania. So this article wrong about that

#3 mes

mes

Pokémon Master

• Event/Subbing Coordinator
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

pretty sure they meant Joy from rania

#4 Hero Kim Jaejoong

Hero Kim Jaejoong

公主

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Because fans and companies are so loyal they will stuck with their biases and idol until they are older and they will not need a education to back them up.. :rolleyes:

#5 Joanna~

Joanna~

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well it'd be better for them to go back to school.. after all. 

However, NB seems to be correct. Anyway, how do you get back to school after wasting so many study-hours dancing and training?

#6 PriDiddy

PriDiddy

Inpiniteu's & Nineu Muses' Goddess of Life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Lol I thought it was obvious

#7 Krunchii

Krunchii

Legend

• Translations Team
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

pretty sure they meant Joy from rania

Nah Joy didn't leave because of education, Riko is on hiatus to study

#8 Babysnatcher

Babysnatcher

生駒, 倉持, 深川, 川村, 孔肖吟 ❤

• Events Team
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Well it does look like it lol..

#9 mes

mes

Pokémon Master

• Event/Subbing Coordinator
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

oh well i really dont know much about rania, so I just put out the first thing i thought of

#10 WALL OF SAPPHIRE

WALL OF SAPPHIRE

♠__♛ THE HEARTLESS QUEEN ♛__♠

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

They want to be in entertainment but realize that female idols are seen as trash

From past reports a lot of girl group members say they are not good at school, that's why they went into idol groups to begin with. But if you are an idol singer then chances of marrying an actor or other rich dude are low. You've got to be an actress or something more "respectable"

#11 Abi

Abi

Nigel ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

1. [+400, -3] Sunmi supposedly left the group for her education but I haven't seen her once for the past few years when I pass by her department building at Dongguk University every single day. Nobody else in my major has ever seen her either. She left for school but she's never at school so what exactly is she doing?

So is she supposed to show herself to you and to other people, and say "I'm here, I'm present and I'm going to school now it's time to get your own lives".

#12 Abi

Abi

Nigel ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

They want to be in entertainment but realize that female idols are seen as trash

From past reports a lot of girl group members say they are not good at school, that's why they went into idol groups to begin with. But if you are an idol singer then chances of marrying an actor or other rich dude are low. You've got to be an actress or something more "respectable"

• @Bolded, I wanna see the receipts
  • Not everybody wants to marry an actor or a rich dude
  • Idols are respectable too especially if they are hardworking and true to their self
  • Some people do have ambitions, you know. 

Not trying to defend the netizens, but i do think that if a famous person goes to your school, theyd stick out of the crowd more than other students. I notice certain people at my college, none are famous by the way, just involved with alot of associations and clubs, but it all really depends on the size of campus. mine is pretty small, so i guess it really all just depends.

Yeah it all really depends on the size of the campus. Like I have famous people in my university but never seen them, not even once. I had also never seen my cousin once on campus, never. As in we share the same time at school but never did I see him.

#13 hiramekii♥

hiramekii♥

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

I think it's a standard thing to say because education is hold in high regards.

#14 dmn

dmn

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

So the article is correct that Riko left Rania to study then. Why are you complaining?

#15 Wiesteria

Wiesteria

Trainee

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

So the article is correct that Riko left Rania to study then. Why are you complaining?

S/He wasn't complaining. The post was to clarify some other person's criticism of the article. 

#16 CookieCrisp

CookieCrisp

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

she didnt leave for good. this article is about members who left for good.

#17 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Because fans and companies are so loyal they will stuck with their biases and idol until they are older and they will not need a education to back them up.. :rolleyes:

You missed the point.

They are talking about idols who say they will go to school but then don't and instead become actresses.

In a more simple way they don't like that the companies lie. 

#18 Candykiss

Candykiss

♥ ♡★☆ Bestfriend ♥♡★☆

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Education is an excuse for companies to save face and lie to kick out members :(

Idols know what they sign up for when they become trainees 

Why would an idol who just debuted want to give up their years of training to solely focus on education?

I don't think someone would give up their hardwork and years of being a trainee that easily T.T

#19 Krunchii

Krunchii

Legend

• Translations Team
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Calm your balls, the person I corrected said it was Joy and I simply told her it was actually Riko, where am I complaining?

#20 Sun☼Shine

Sun☼Shine

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

This and the "They're pursuing a solo career" excuse are the most used. I've heard the left for health reasons one too.

Makes me wonder what they're going to use next when these excuses get over played.

Up, Up and Away!