Article: The deceit of girl group withdrawals, "We thought it was for their education, but..."
Source: Mydaily via Naver + Nate
Article talks about how a lot of girl group members are leaving their groups to go back to school but the school ends up either as an excuse or a lie for other activities. Mentions Yookyung's controversy, Jihae leaving Girl's Day for school but currently promoting as an actress, Soyoung leaving After School for school and her health but also switching paths to an actress, Chanmi, three members leaving EXID, which sparked rumors of team discord, Sunmi, and finally Riko from Rania.
1. [+400, -3] Sunmi supposedly left the group for her education but I haven't seen her once for the past few years when I pass by her department building at Dongguk University every single day. Nobody else in my major has ever seen her either. She left for school but she's never at school so what exactly is she doing?
2. [+347, -5] What's the point about leaving for your education and then coming back as an actress?
3. [+308, -2] I wonder how genuine they are when they go from singing and dancing all day to suddenly wanting to focus on your education
4. [+230, -8] Instead of lying about leaving the group for their education, they should just admit it from the start that they want to go into acting. It's because they use excuses like education that no one believes that there are all these rumors about bullying and discord. And do they seriously think they can act if they couldn't even stay in a group that expects the bare minimum from them in terms of performance?
5. [+221, -20] Soshi is really at the top when it comes to things like this. Other groups go through so many member changes but the nine of them have stuck through it for over 5 years.
6. [+155, -4] Yeah, I never really believe them when they say they're leaving for education. They spent all those years suffering as a trainee and they're going to give all that up now? As if. It's all a ploy to upkeep image by the company.
7. [+97, -6] I doubt any of them really left to pursue their education... After Sunmi left, it became a trend to use your education as an excuse to leave the group ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+59, -3] Had no idea Chanmi left the group. Who sings for them now then?
9. [+51, -22] It's unfortunate if they're being kicked out but you can't really help it when you don't have the talents to back yourself up either