• Please log in to reply
51465 replies to this topic

#51461 rowlet

rowlet

Trainee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 06:21 AM

Well, since we're on the topic of BTS I thought I'd de-lurk and give my two cents.

Namjoon seems like your typical straight ally. Perhaps bi-curious but definitely into women.

Jin, Jungkook: straight. I don't get anything from them tbh.

Hoseok is confusing but I do think he's attracted to women. So straight afaik, maybe also bi-curious.

Yoongi: pan/bi, mostly thanks to that infamous interview and those lyrics of his. Might not be serious receipts to some but I'm choosing to believe.

Taehyung: gay. I went through this topic a month or so ago when I really didn't have an opinion about V, but there was a highly interesting discussion about 'Stigma' that still sticks out to me. IMO his sexuality is the most obvious thing the song could be about but of course I don't know for sure. 

Jimin: gay or at least bi. Beyond just pinging for me, there are several things that make me think this. BTS was on a radio show a while ago and IIRC Jimin was asked about why he likes Jungkook so much, to which Jimin replies with something like "It's not that I like him, I just think that he's cute." V then says to Jimin "Do you like men?" and Jimin simply goes, "I don't like you" to V. And I think this happened another time too, but don't quote me on that. Now I know this isn't a declaration of gayness or whatever but I find it interesting that Jimin dodges the question so easily and doesn't even refute the idea of liking men. Being grossed out or even a simple "no" wouldn't have been out of line (in such a conservative society) and he wouldn't have gotten any backlash for it. And I do realize these radio shows are 90%+ scripted, but V's question and J's reply seem like such odd things to include in a prewritten script. Why even ask something like that at all? And sure, he could just be open-minded. But then I look at other things: his reaction to seeing JK in the Dope MV, that .gif of him staring at JK while the boy's drinking, that awkward af "pretend goodbye to your gf" interaction with the mannequin head and idk. They are being filmed but I feel like these kinds of reactions are more subconscious than outright fanservice. (Don't have any of these mentioned moments on hand but they've all been posted in this thread before.)

And then there's his ex-gf and rumours of him having dated (a woman) last year. But then having an s/o of the opposite sex (if the rumors are true, lol) doesn't confirm much imo especially with the rampant homophobia in SK, so. I'm back at the drawing board lmao but if I had to choose a member of BTS to be LGBT it'd be Jimin.

#51462 ooo

ooo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted Today, 06:45 AM (Edited by ooo, Today, 06:46 AM.)

Regarding the how can most of the group be lgbtq+

It's not like gay ppl just get divided evenly among the straight ppl. Out of my 5 closest friends only one is straight. And we have known before we came out of the closet since we were really small kids.

Entertainment industry is more open environment thus making it better workplace for the oppressed.

Chance

There probably is a lot more gay ppl than the 5% overall they just are in the closet

#51463 annoyingwombat

annoyingwombat

Debutee

• - Delulupuff -
  • 180 posts

Posted Today, 06:47 AM

C22CrdTWEAAE503.jpg

Those finger guns though lmao 

#51464 BeyTS

BeyTS

Star

• - Delulupuff -
  • 2,148 posts
  • Locationin your Starlight. ;)

Posted Today, 08:25 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C22CrdTWEAAE...

Those finger guns though lmao

idk why but looking at Jimin made me suddenly think of jin.

he's either the straightest 'I don't give a fuck if you think me liking pink is gay' guys ever...

or just really fucking gay in plain sight.

#51465 chiirbii

chiirbii

Debutee

• - Dramaquin -
  • 201 posts

Posted Today, 09:17 AM

Regarding the how can most of the group be lgbtq+

It's not like gay ppl just get divided evenly among the straight ppl. Out of my 5 closest friends only one is straight. And we have known before we came out of the closet since we were really small kids.

Entertainment industry is more open environment thus making it better workplace for the oppressed.

Chance

There probably is a lot more gay ppl than the 5% overall they just are in the closet

You can apply that to Hollywood, to some extent, but I wouldn't say the same thing goes for Korean ent. I can think of a grand total of four LGBT celebrities in Korea and two of them committed suicide because of the hardships they endured in their professional life. 

#51466 Free Heechul

Free Heechul

I'm a mess.

• - Braggindor -
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

Hoseok is confusing but I do think he's attracted to women. So straight afaik, maybe also bi-curious.

tumblr_ma628lRwNr1rcg3xpo1_500.gif

Up, Up and Away!