• Please log in to reply
53189 replies to this topic

#21 GlamAllegra

GlamAllegra

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

OMG I was reading the thread as usual and suddenly nothing worked anymore I thought I was going to have a heart attack. :o

I should have saved more stuff, I regret now. :(

Also google cache doesn't work for me either, raaah it's so frustrating..!

#22 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not sure how it looks on your browser, but on mine you will see a green down arrow next to the link like this:
http://searchengineland.com/figz/wp-cont...
(just click on the green down arrow and select "cached")

Also, in the OP you can add:

"She is Wow" (2013) in Drama
"Baek Ji Young - Sarang Ahn Hae" (2007) in MV.

Wow I feel dumb now. Thanks again.

Will do!

#23 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Good.

Wait don't spoilers work or I just fail at using technology? 

Spoiler

#24 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Spoiler

:(

#25 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Somebody post something so I can comment on it lol. 

:(

tumblr_inline_mm64qjHsR81qz4rgp.png

#26 GlamAllegra

GlamAllegra

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm not sure how it looks on your browser, but on mine you will see a green down arrow next to the link like this:

(just click on the green down arrow and select "cached")

Thaaank you. <3

Also, I feel some people are gonna bitch because the thread's title is "Which male idol IS gay", and not "do you THINK is gay".

Like "you can't know for sure that they're gay blabla". Anyway...

#27 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Somebody post something so I can comment on it lol. 
http://media.tumblr.com/eee68804e529068d...

You sound so excited xD

I finally can follow this thread!

Yay :)

Thaaank you. <3

Also, I feel some people are gonna bitch because the thread's title is "Which male idol IS gay", and not "do you THINK is gay".
Like "you can't know for sure that they're gay blabla". Anyway...

I'll change it soon. No worries ^_^

#28 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

You sound so excited xD

Yay :)

I am lol. 

#29 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I am lol.

You're not normal xD

ANNNNND the op has reached its final form  ^_^

#30 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

You're not normal xD

ANNNNND the op has reached its final form  ^_^

How mean lol. 

#31 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

How mean lol. 

*gasp* I'm offended  :(

130503 MyungJong

tumblr_inline_mm8ghn4ori1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm8gieXsiw1qz4rgp.jpg

lol a girl saw MS & SJ went eating together at a restaurant today (Cr: qhuong & S_Son)

Many Thanks to qhuong’s translation XD i’m gonna translate some more details about Myungjong’s dating according to that girl’s tweets.

- Myungjong went to a restaurant named “SongRim (Pine Forest) Restaurant” 

- The dish they ate: Broiled (sliced and seasoned) Pork with Steamed Rice (Dweji Bulbaek)

- It seemed like they went with some other people, but it’s not INFINITE members.

(LOL) and the girl (she’s not a fan) after that she kept tweeting about Myungsoo is really handsome XD

Trans by: MelJlow @tumblr.com

(pics i took from searching the restaurant on internet XD not from any fanaccount)

---

Stalkers much? I mean they even know what they ate xD

#32 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:10 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 04 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.)

I'm copying over my analysis of Key again...this will take up 7 posts (15 image limit on this forum)...

*It's been updated with new stuff since I last posted too (and I'll probably keep it updated whenever I find something interesting to add).

* Also, check out my analysis for Jaejoong once you finish reading the one for Key below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, before I begin, the first thing you have to know about Key is that he's a very honest and blunt person. He constantly mentions how he values honesty in a person and if he was caught lying, he would admit the truth. So chances are, most of the things he says/does represents what he truly feels (unless he said it jokingly or clarifies later on that it was not truthful). Also, it's been said that "Key's personality on and off camera is quite the same."

I broke up my analysis into 4 parts (Click the statements for a link to their source):

(I also want to mention that I didn't intentionally leave anything out of this analysis...).

1. Statements that show non-interest in girls

The 1st thing that caught my attention was how he is reluctant to answer Ideal girl/relationship questions. And when he does, his answers could always apply to any gender:

These ideals aren't specific to girls. (BTW, Park Hyeong Seop matches everything Key has said about his Ideal Type -- in both appearance and personality [1] [2] ).

Key's latest comment about his Dream Girl (Stuff after April 2013):

Spoiler

There are also times when Key is asked to specifically name who his ideal girl is. I will share his answers to that question:

* Key gives a “dissatisfied face” when talking about his Ideal type being nude? If he was seriously attracted to her, that sure is an odd reaction.

* The MC took his answer as a joke. And Big Mama Lee Hyejung is a 55 y/o chef. :P

Some other names Key has mentioned for his Ideal Girl are: a member of SNSD, Kaya Scodelario, Anna Sophia Rob, Kim Jung Eun. However, in his other interviews, Key clarifies that he dislikes being asked the Ideal Girl question (because he seriously doesn't have one):

Many people don't have ideal types, so that might not be suspicious to some people. But even for general relationship questions Key shows no interest in girls:

Spoiler

Key is “curious” about married life though (no gender specified here):

tumblr_lzou8k6AdX1qeew1po1_250.giftumblr_lzou8k6AdX1qeew1po3_250.giftumblr_lzou8k6AdX1qeew1po4_250.gif

(090804 Doogeun Doogeun Live Chat)

Spoiler

So Key was "curious" about marriage, but he has also mentioned being fascinated about becoming a beautiful woman (I think it's because he's "curious" about what it would be like to be able to marry a handsome man. lol. Notice how he looks at Jjong when answering that question)

bdjvpy.jpg

Key and Jjong asking to marry eachother (for fun) xD ...

Spoiler

Most recently, and more seriously, Key even brought up something alluding to same-sex marriage:

Spoiler

#33 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:10 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 12 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.)

2. Interactions that show serious attraction to men

Before I get into the fanservice and Key's attraction to males. I just want to point out that I am having a difficult time finding any videos/gifs/pics of him being anything more of a friend towards a female. I mean, she could be doing a sexy dance for him in the pool, he could be feeling her up, he could be dancing with her, but he shows no attraction to it. Even a pretty model in a bikini next to him, and all he could do was ask "Aren't you embarrassed to wear something like that?"

People might bring up the Osaka fanaccount, where Key was translated as saying "Yo, I'm straight" as evidence of his interest in girls....but there are other more detailed fanaccounts that indicate the first fanaccount was possibly misheard and incorrect:

Spoiler

People might also bring up his Sukira KTR interview, where he talked about past love with a girl, but his statements would not make sense if he really had a girl in mind:

Spoiler

Okay, now on to Key's reaction to same-sex fanservice/skinship....

A lot of Idols do fanservice, but Key's response is so suspect, like it's not just fanservice to him. To him (being a person who values honesty and detesting people who are two-faced), he probably views some of the fanservice as the person expressing genuine interest in him. His reaction is similar to how a straight person would respond when doing heterosexual fanservice.

During 2009-2010, jjong did a lot of teasing with Key, and I think Key took it as genuine attraction (while jjong saw it as fanservice). If you watch JongKey moments, most of them were initiated by jjong. Key rarely initiated fanservice (maybe because he doesn't want to seem obvious), but he never backed away when jjong would start it.

JongKey moments:

Spoiler

So Key probably fell in love with all the attention and affection Jjong was showering him with (just look at how he smiles in the gifs above). But in the few times that Key does initiate fanservice, it seems more like genuine attraction on his part (which makes me believe he is not thinking of it as fanservice). Look at the 1st gif below, it totally looks like JongKey is a real couple, not fanservice:

9APIt.gif tumblr_m6cvxaKpX51r2q2v5o1_250.giftumblr_mcbitvo47N1qbn7nk.gif

#34 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 12 July 2013 - 01:23 PM.)

But I don't think Jonghyun saw it as anything serious like Key did* (Jjong might have felt some affection in a caring way though, but not romantic attraction). To Jjong, he was just fooling around like close friends, and doing fanservice for the fans. He probably didn't realize that Key actually had some genuine romantic feelings for him, and Key perhaps was misled into believing jjong liked him back in the same way. You can tell Key took the JongKey moments to heart, because when Jjong started dating Shin Se Kyung in Sept. 2010 (whether real or staged), Key looked very hurt during that period. Like someone truly broke his heart. In alot of fancams and interviews since Jjong/SSK started dating, you can clearly tell Key is hurt over something.

(* There is a possibility that maybe Jjong experimented with Key, and that it's not all completely fanservice. But whatever the relationship was between JongKey, Key seemed to feel more serious about it because he wasn't able to move past their relationship as quickly as Jjong was able to.)

Sept 2010

This GQ interview is from the end of Sept. 2010 (Jjong started seeing SSK sometime in Sept, so something was probably happening during that time). I know Key is usually an honest and blunt person, but he seemed exceptionally pissed in this interview:

Spoiler

Oct. 2010

Oct 2010 is when it was officially confirmed in the media that jjong and ssk were dating. You can see Key looked really heartbroken and began to distance himself from jjong.

tumblr_m6ejvmVHOM1qf42fco5_250.gif

He remains emotionless thoughout the whole thing, but some times to notice:

@1:37 Key scoots away from Jjong

@1:52 Key looks down and sad when jjong started singing

@2:25, @3:25, @3:44, @4:14 Key remains emotionless and ignores when Jjong stares at him

Nov. 2010

Even the cover song he chooses during that period, you can feel the emotion and sadness in which he sings it:

Rihanna - Take a Bow

"But you put on quite a show, really had me going

But now it’s time to go, curtain’s finally closing

That was quite a show, very entertaining

But it’s over now"

The lyrics definitely sound like something he can relate to: "It's over now" and "But you put on quite a show, really had me going" referring to the fanservice being a "show" and how it "really had [him] going" like he believed the fanservice was real. At the very end of the song (3:45), you can see how hurt he was.

Dec. 2010

Key continued to look depressed in many of the fancams at the end of 2010. Here is a video from Dec. 2010:

And this video summarizes what I've just wrote above about the "One-sided love" and shows different fancams during each period:

Starting @0:00 are clips of Key showing genuine attraction to Jjong

Starting @2:10 are clips of Jjong teasing Key

Starting @3:55 are clips of Jjong flirting with others too, not only Key (this shows that Jjong sees JongKey as fanservice only);

but Key is looking at Jjong like he is jealous (because he sees JongKey as real)

Starting @6:05 are fancams from after sept. 2010 (during the time jjong is dating SSK)

Starting at @9:10 are clips of Key moving on

There are also other theories on why Key was depressed during this period:

Spoiler

So July 2011, Jjong and SSK break up and Jjong returns to Key. But Key has said in the past that he detest 'two-faced' people (Jjong was someone who played with his heart). I think Jjong realized something was upsetting Key and he tried to make things less awkward between them, but Key doesn't seem interested in him anymore (he's made other friends already, as we will soon see):

tumblr_mhmvpazvUG1qiqc26o1_500.gif

(130131 Seoul Music Awards)

I do think they have patched things up between them eventually, and love each other as just friends now. This was from Dec. 2012:

tumblr_mfdsnsY3e91rs42ppo1_250.giftumblr_mfdsnsY3e91rs42ppo2_250.gif

tumblr_mfdsnsY3e91rs42ppo3_250.giftumblr_mfdsnsY3e91rs42ppo4_250.gif

When Key realized JongKey was not real anymore (when jjong started dating SSK), Key began to move on. Key befriended alot of '91ers and got especially close with Woohyun. It was to the point that Leeteuk and even some members of SHINee/Infinite mistaken their relationship for something more:

It's probably just a close friendship between them, but in that circle of people he befriended, there is also Park Hyeong Seop:

Spoiler

According to PHS, Key and him have known each other since childhood:

Park Hyoung Seop: Kibum and I were very close from childhood because he's also from Daegu. We often meet when we are both free. We just do what common men do, such as going to restaurant, talking about what happened around us and drinking coffee.

6d745d158172a9fe0e4248047a8c7158133106.j

@sc1676: After finishing each of our schedules, I met with Kibum and had a cup of coffee~!

@sc1676: I have another shoot~~ And Kibum has to go back to the recording studio~

#35 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 20 June 2013 - 12:33 PM.)

However, it was only in the beginning of 2013 that we began to hear alot about him. So I am guessing sometime near the end of 2012, Key reconnected with Park Hyeong Seop again (possibly at the 20121022 Seoul Fashion Week that they both attended). I personally think there's something more going on between this couple. PHS's looks and personality even matches everything Key has mentioned as an Ideal Type. And maybe when they reconnected, Key became attracted to how PHS grew up to match his Ideal Type.

They've taken numerous selcas together, travel overseas together (gda 2013 was in malaysia), have shopping dates together, he's been in Key's room, they text eachother to eat joke around with eachother, hang out in restaurants near homo hill (mama miya is in itaewon), other people invite them over together as a couple (hyosup invited Key to a dinner party through PHS), Key even sings to him over the phone and PHS calls Key "honey". (You can view a KeySeop timeline here, which timelines the tweets/instagram posts between them and when it occurred)

Key sings for PHS over the phone and PHS calls Key "Honey". He also possibly called Key's singing "super sexy":

Spoiler

Key also acts like he's in love when seeing PHS walk past him:

Key smiling at PHS:

tumblr_mkcobaBUzR1qdiwkco1_250.giftumblr_mkcobaBUzR1qdiwkco2_250.gif'

tumblr_mkcobaBUzR1qdiwkco3_250.giftumblr_mkcobaBUzR1qdiwkco4_250.gif

Another angle:

tumblr_mkhb60DZmq1s9m21no2_250.giftumblr_mkhb60DZmq1s9m21no3_250.giftumblr_mkhb60DZmq1s9m21no1_250.gif

From the video, he seems in a daze after PHS walked past, lol

What Key was looking at:

Spoiler

Goto 2:45 and 7:09 for PHS walking on the runway:

http://v.youku.com/v...QyMDU1ODI0.html

And at the end of the show (@10:55) all the models walk out, but Key only focuses his eyes on PHS.

11:07 PHS is the 3rd person in line

11:11 You see PHS come to the front and Key's head turns to follow him

11:26 Key is still looking at him even though he went back, and he ignores all the other models walking past, lol

11:31 He turns to grab a drink and goes back to what he was looking at (PHS)

Front angle of Key taking a drink while looking at PHS:

@ 0:35 he keeps his eyes on PHS while drinking and then tries to hide his smile @ 0:45 while putting the bottle down

Key also stares at PHS's crotch and ass:

0:09 - 0:12 Keys eyes move downward

0:13 you see he was looking at the crotch area, then he quickly looks away

0:15 - 0:16 when he looks back, he glances at his ass for a few seconds and looks back up

0:20 the model before him walks past (he's wearing white)

0:22 Key licks the inside of his lips

What Key was looking at this time:

Spoiler

See more of Key's reaction to Hyeongseop on the runway on this page: http://onehallyu.com...thread-3/page-6

#36 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 20 June 2013 - 01:07 PM.)

Key's response to fanservice has also changed, as if he were in a new relationship. He's ignored calls to join Jjong in the bathhouse and he's also also more uncomfortable with showing affectionate skinship to potential suitors....as if he were 'taken'. Key's an honest person, so he probably wanted to show loyalty to PHS (and if Key is gay, he probably viewed the fanservice/skinship differently than a straight male would).

Awkward hugs with Key:

2013, Key looking uncomfortable, like he wants jjong to get off him:

tumblr_mjniyqyqXp1qihji8o2_250.giftumblr_mjniyqyqXp1qihji8o1_250.gif tumblr_mjniyqyqXp1qihji8o3_250.gif

* Note: key being uncomfortable with jjong is suppose to indicate that they do have underlying feelings for each other, that's why Key was hesitant to show it here for some reason

2013, Key pushing Woohyun off him:

zv2m.gif

* An interesting reaction considering accounts of WooKey being more affectionate off cameras

Compare those reaction with this scene in 2012 (same setting/situation, but before PHS came into the picture):

rjVjQ.gifsLuvI.gif

qiFsN.gifnYikZ.gif

So overall, Key's response to the fanservice is similar to how a straight person would respond to heterosexual fanservice: Guy A and Girl B do fanservice and flirt onstage. Girl B may eventually develop an attraction towards Guy A. But if Guy A suddenly started dating another Girl C, you bet the Girl B would be hurt. Then when Girl B gets into a relationship with another Guy D (or is just interested in him and wants to remain available), she would be uncomfortable with another guy (like Guy A again) trying to do fanservice with her. This is exactly how Key has reacted to all the fanservice.

EDIT: Since I'm seeing this post copied and linked on other blogs....I want to mention that this analysis isn't about JongKey vs. KeySeop, so please stop arguing over which ship is more real. Only Key himself knows the truth. And the points I made here were merely personal observations I've noticed of Key showing attraction to BOTH Jjong and Hyeongseop (and thus, shows his attraction towards males) ...but whether that attraction translates to real life dating for either Jjong or Hyeonseop is something we can't know for certain (and we shouldn't seek to find out either*). However, feel free to respectfully speculate your opinions, but don't take it out of forums/blogs and into real life.

* I'm talking about the people messaging hyeongseop on FB in hopes of finding "proof" that he's not dating Key (by having him say he's not gay and has a g/f...which is still dubious)

#37 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 04 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.)

3. Self-expression to indicate openness towards other sexualities
People always bring up Key's flamboyance and the way he dresses as reasons for him being gay. Some people will say it's stereotyping, but it's really not if he's trying to express an openness towards different sexualities in the way he dresses/performs.

tumblr_mhcmurVjbw1rz6162o1_250.gif

Key wearing accessories with LGBTQ symbols:

Spoiler

Does he know what these symbols mean? I don't know, but chances are he might know what the ring means at least, since there are video clips of him describing other accessories/rings he has and what they mean, and also video of him speaking English and describing to a fashion designer about what type of Jacket he wants her to create for him. He's very involved and interested in fashion, and seems like the type of person to want to know (esp. a distinctive ring like the transgender symbol one). It would also be quite a coincidence for him to wear this many items with implied LGBTQ symbolism without him intentionally seeking them out.

Another thing are the cover songs he's drawn to. First I want to mention that Lady HeeHee (Heechul) is a parody cover of Lady Gaga for giggles. Taemin in My 1st Kiss was also a parody of Ke$ha for laughs. But when Key covers Lady Gaga or Ke$ha, he does not dress up like a girl or do it for laughs. It seems like a genuine and natural cover (not a parody). (He has done a lot of girl's dances for laughs, but these covers aren't one of them. I think this is him genuinely expressing himself).

Key covering Lady Gaga naturally (compare with Lady HeeHee parody cover):

So now that I've establish his covers are not parody covers (they are him naturally expressing himself)...you probably want to know Why am I bringing this up as relating to his sexuality? Well, if his Lady Gaga cover (about being free and being himself) didn't already convince you....

He has also sang a cover of Ke$ha's Tik Tok, where he sings about:
@0:28 "Boys blowing up our phones, phones"
@1:20 "And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger"
@1:30 "Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk"

Another perormane of Tik Tok here (lyrics are @ same time):

...he sings it like it's so natural for him. When he sings "Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk" in the 1st video, he gestures towards his crotch, in the 2nd video, he smacks his butt. He knows what those lyrics mean.

We know he understands English, and he has changed the gender from "she" to "he" in another song he covered (where "he" was suppose to refer to himself in that song). But while he's aware of an option to change the gender in the lyrics, he doesn't change anything in this song (about boys being all over him).

Most recently on 130525, Key covered Mika's We are Golden. Like Lady Gaga's song 'Hair', this song is also about being free to express yourself:

About Mika:

Spoiler

And my take on his LGBTQ accessories and suggestive performances is that he is trying to acknowledge the LGBTQ community that he is a part of. Because it's mostly the LGBTQ community/supporters who will be the ones to pick up on these hints, while the rest of the general public will overlook it and move on like nothing suspicious ever happened. For example, he wore the Freddie Mercury brooch (a male gay/bi icon) while publicly being "out" in front of the media for the first time with his supposed boyfriend. It's like he was intentionally trying to hint to us (or just the LGBT community) that he's out and proud w/ his bf.

#38 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM (Edited by kremlindust, 04 September 2013 - 03:00 PM.)

4. Rumors

Note: This last part is unverified rumors, but I only included rumors that have a chance of being true (Meaning that nothing contradicts it, and there are other facts that back it up).

It is widely speculated/accepted by K-netizens that Key is gay. He's also been rumored to have been spotted at gay bars often. These rumors and speculation have to originate from somewhere.

Here are some translation I found of comments from different K-netizens in this article (from April 2012) about an underaged celebrity who frequents gay bars (http://www.instiz.ne...id=pt&no=172365):

"besides this item, it is well known that there are many gay idols who go to gay bars. taemin i am not sure.. but key does."

"onew would not. but i know about key. he is there often in these unsafe places" (probably means underground or "secret" gay bars, which would be the majority of gay bars in korea)

"residents(?) of gay bars have seen key often. my friend has stood by many times while key was there. i hear so many of these (rumors?) it is a wonder they manage to stay hidden."

"shinee key. it has to be."

"no, too old. key is already over 20."

"but he visits these places..."

The rumor being true would match these items:

Spoiler

His (boy)friend, Park Hyeong Seop, is also friendly with Hong Seok Cheon (the face of Itaewon's gay district).

2drwhom.jpg

And KeySeop has also been to restaurants like mama miya in Itaewon, which is located only 2 blocks away from all the gay bars in Homo Hill (btw, the girl in the photo with KeySeop is the restaurant owner).

Also, a recent dating rumor from netizenbuzz appear to match KeySeop:

http://netizenbuzz.b...ors-galore.html

9. Singer C is said to have fallen in love with model D while attending an overseas schedule together. C recently went overseas with several other male and female celebrities, but he showed the most interest in D. D reciprocated C's advances, showing interest in his gentle and caring personality. A staff member who visited C's hotel room late at night to brief him on the next day's agenda was said to have been in shock after finding D in C's room with a red face.

My Speculation:

Spoiler

So after all these hints, the next question is, why would Key risk ruining his career by being so open in a country that is not accepting?

I just think it's his personality, he's said numerous times that he values an honest person and he is someone who wants to be true to himself. And you may be wondering where did Key learn to be this open and accepting of himself growing up in conservative Korea?

Well, he has spent a couple of years in America and said it was a turning point in his life:

Spoiler

But right now in Korea, he's doing everything he can to be himself, right up to the point of directly confirming to the public that he is gay:

Key%2520Lady%2520Gaga%2520shirt1.jpg

"babe i was born this way" - bumkeyk (Key's Instagram)

* He borrows Lady Gaga's phrase to refer to childhood photos of him as a born entertainer, but the double meaning is quite clear

I can’t hide who I am. I can’t say things I don’t mean, say that I like things I hate, or hate things I like. And more than anything, I can’t lie to myself.” - Key

I don't consider looks or anything I can't change to be a bad thing about myself. So rather than dwelling upon things I can't change, I'd rather develop the good things about me. So my dream isn't to become the "best", it's to be someone who I'm not ashamed to be. Not that I don't want to become the best (laugh). - Key

Rather than saying that I’m narcissist, how about liking myself. I do not look glamorous or a model’s physique, neither do I have a good voice nor a good dancer but I still like myself?” - Key

He's also no stranger to having a perceptive opinion that his company might prefer him not to bring up (but he does anyway):

Spoiler

Key is just the type of person who will want to express himself however he wants, as long as he's being honest to himself. And for that, we love him for it. <3

BONUS

* Please also check out my analysis for Jaejoong!

#39 onkeys

onkeys

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Locationwith kim jonghyun

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

um those blue jean jackets that keyseop had on at the park are the same jackets, Key's just looks lighter because he's in the sun. They have the same pocket design and everything

#40 Skibop!!

Skibop!!

B2UTYful Say A; GiKwang's Wife & Jia's Mistress

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,400 posts
  • LocationWe found love in a Korean place

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Kwanghee

Everyone in 2AM except for Jinwoon

Up, Up and Away!