• Please log in to reply
49504 replies to this topic

#49501 Spooky Qri

Spooky Qri

× ENLIGHTENED ×

• Radioh Team
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Shannon's most recent performance on Kpop Star is probably her best yet (she's covering PHS's Breath)

Would you say that Shannon in the video above is constricted? She sounds quite raspy at times imo, but I'm not sure if that's the sound you're referring to...

Could it be Shannon's jaw vibrato that makes her sound tense/constricted a lot of the time within her supported range?

#49502 Hyuksang

Hyuksang

종인과 태일 사이

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,297 posts
  • Locationdying slowly

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 AM

Are you sure Christina still has G#4?? :derp:
Slayonce has C3~F5~D6

Sent from my LG-D852 using OneHallyu mobile app

it's more like C3/C#3 ~ F#5 ~ D6, she definitely has F#5 down (or used to)

#49503 mauvau

mauvau

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 AM (Edited by mauvau, Yesterday, 05:53 AM.)

so i have a question about yeonjung: although i like her voice i understand her technique is lacking. 

one a lot of her recent performances i can clearly notice that too (the screechy thing that was the secret high note, immortal song with wjsn and the second time with ioi). still in many of her strained performances i wouldn't have known before reading about it. i feel she doesn't have the typical whiny strain sound most of the time and only does obviously sound strainy when she goes very high and it becomes screechy.

(itnw perf)

https://www.instagra.../p/BKqdGmCArsG/(fate cover on a radio show)

(at the same place perf)

if i understand correctly, the high notes in these clips are not in her supported range and strained but honestly they sound pretty pleasing to me. during the itnw perf even the teachers commented how they thought her high notes were "so clean". is there something unusual to her singing that causes this or does strain simply sound diffrent from person to person and some people just happen to like her sound? 

#49504 ParkHyoLee

ParkHyoLee

Idol

• PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEtobicoke

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

it's more like C3/C#3 ~ F#5 ~ D6, she definitely has F#5 down (or used to)

Receipts of recent F#5s pls  :dave: 

so i have a question about yeonjung: although i like her voice i understand her technique is lacking. 

one a lot of her recent performances i can clearly notice that too (the screechy thing that was the secret high note, immortal song with wjsn and the second time with ioi). still in many of her strained performances i wouldn't have known before reading about it. i feel she doesn't have the typical whiny strain sound most of the time and only does obviously sound strainy when she goes very high and it becomes screechy.

(itnw perf)

https://www.instagra.../p/BKqdGmCArsG/(fate cover on a radio show)

(at the same place perf)

if i understand correctly, the high notes in these clips are not in her supported range and strained but honestly they sound pretty pleasing to me. during the itnw perf even the teachers commented how they thought her high notes were "so clean". is there something unusual to her singing that causes this or does strain simply sound diffrent from person to person and some people just happen to like her sound? 

I mean, a lot of people are incapable of identifying strain, like... most people only go by if someone can hold a note without cracking and are just impressed by that :derp:  Some people also really can manage to sound subjectively nice while straining through a lot of their range i.e. Ariana, Christina Aguilera, IU, yet still get called gifted vocalists because they have "pretty" voice  :derp:

#49505 Kevin92

Kevin92

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted Today, 04:39 AM (Edited by Kevin92, Today, 04:41 AM.)

Taeyeon who?! Ailee?! (jk love you girls)

this fuckery!The battle starts with Eb5 LOL im dying these girls just slayed my existence. 

Up, Up and Away!