Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Why do so many J-Pop fans like Twice? (and vice-versa)

Twice J-Pop K-Pop

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Obelisk

Obelisk

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Locationハワイイ

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

Not a fan, sorry.

#42 riduch

riduch

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

I don't like their music honestly, but the girls are the finest right now in newer kpop scene.

maybe a lot of Jpop fans like twice and vice versa is because of the japanese trio, sana, mina, momo

the jpop fans check them japanese members, and they're attracted to their awesome looks

the kpop fans check if there's any jpop acts that as good or as visually satisfying as twice. and voila, they become fans of jpop

#43 nokoru

nokoru

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

I dont. Most "jpop fans" who like twice here on OH are partially Kpop fans too. I havent seen many jpop only or even jpop idols only fans who are into twice

This.

#44 Saitama

Saitama

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationZ-City

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:37 AM (Edited by Saitama, 11 January 2017 - 06:39 AM.)

Where is this happening? Here? I haven't really seen that to be the case here. I don't think jpop fans here are the type of people that would listen to a kpop group just because there are japanese members in them. I personally don't care about that and don't care about them in general. 

The real question is probably why are kpop fans drawn to these japanese members. 

I was a pure jpop fan even since the early days of tokyohive, hallyu8. I mainly posted in the japanese section back in 2013.  Mainly 48 groups, HP, Scandal, Kattun, HSJ, Exile, 3JSB, e-grils, ldh groups etc. even j-actors, j-actresses etc.

I posted mostly in the LDH, 48/46, idols, actreses pictures forums here on OH back then. 

Until I discovered Twice on November 2015. Main reason? Because there were japanese members. Basically Twice made me a kpop fan, and I now like lots of kpop groups.

So it is completely not true that some j-pop fans here are not drawn to twice because they have japanese members, case in point being me.

Don't believe me? well you can search my archived posts here, though its been so long since i've posted in the japanese section tho

#45 hetappina

hetappina

Idol

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

I'm always been a fan of both K-Pop and J-Pop... Honestly I'm just a girls group hoe. I've been a massive wota for various J-idol groups, a sone, a Mixer, a blackjack, a Wonderful, a MeU, a Queen, etc. When Sixteen first teased, I was definitely interested that Sana sang E-Girls' Follow Me. That's when I started paying attention to Twice. Then the organic vegetables and LOA happened, I became a Once. So nope, I'm not someone who is introduced to K-Pop because of Twice, though they did spark interest back in me.

#46 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

I was a pure jpop fan even since the early days of tokyohive, hallyu8. I mainly posted in the japanese section back in 2013.  Mainly 48 groups, HP, Scandal, Kattun, HSJ, Exile, 3JSB, e-grils, ldh groups etc. even j-actors, j-actresses etc.

I posted mostly in the LDH, 48/46, idols, actreses pictures forums here on OH back then. 

Until I discovered Twice on November 2015. Main reason? Because there were japanese members. Basically Twice made me a kpop fan, and I now like lots of kpop groups.

So it is completely not true that some j-pop fans here are not drawn to twice because they have japanese members, case in point being me.

Don't believe me? well you can search my archived posts here, though its been so long since i've posted in the japanese section tho

I have no doubt those japanese girls were chosen for the purpose of drawing in a new audience. Same goes the other non-korean members in kpop groups. It's like Hollywood casting a chinese actor hoping it would help their movie perform in china. Most jpop fans here just want good music regardless of language and who sings it though. 

It also sounds like you just like kpop now. You initially looked into Twice because of the japanese girls but you liked the group and moved onto liking other kpop groups. Those other groups don't have japanese members. So are those japanese girls really why you like Twice then? In a way they are why you like Twice but you wouldn't stick around and continue to follow them if you didn't like the group and their music. You fell for their trap! 

Also I recognize your name and know you've been around for a while  :lol:

#47 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,902 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

I'm a Jpop and Kpop fan and not necessarily like Twice. Although I like one of their song, TT, but that's it. And despite the J-trinity, no never been fan of them either. (But my one of my sister is a fan and pushing me to stan them, along with NCT.)

#48 dokidoki™

dokidoki™

ドキドキする

• PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Locationw/ Nogichans💖

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

hm. I haven't noticed that many Jpop fans getting into Twice in the first place. 

They don't seem like Jpop to me whatsoever either. 

this.

I think they girls are cute but most people in the thread saying they like TWICE are Kpop fans lol

#49 IceHism

IceHism

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:54 PM (Edited by IceHism, 11 January 2017 - 05:55 PM.)

I wasn't aware that this was a thing.  It's prob not.

#50 starlightshimmers

starlightshimmers

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

What's a Twice?

#51 NoCure

NoCure

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKing's Landing

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Might be Catchy songs and cute concept. I almost like all their songs except I'm gonna be a star.

#52 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,509 posts
  • Location°☆彡.。.:*・°★.。.:*・ 桜の栞 .:* .。.:*・°☆彡.。.:*・°★.。.:*

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Not sure why so many people on this thread are surprised about this statement LOL maybe Op should have said "why do so many Jpop idol fans like TWICE" because it's mostly idol fans who like them (not the ones who like Jpop singers etc.) and this is actually true since I talk with fans of japanese idols (outside of this forum) and I was surprised at how many of them got into TWICE. I don't know if it's because TWICE has japanese members or because they have great fanservice or anything else, but it's true that they're quite popular with international fans of japanese idols. Obviously not with ALL of them so there will be some that don't care or don't like them. but it still doesn't change the fact that I've seen lots of Jpop idol fans who got into TWICE. Even myself I always liked both Kpop & Jpop idols but at some point I didn't care much for Kpop and just focused on Jpop idols and I got back into Kpop thanks to TWICE.

#53 whitedove

whitedove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

Huh? Really?

#54 kitsuneUP

kitsuneUP

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

you're drunk

#55 Kami Nana

Kami Nana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

Do they? I know I don't. Sure it's not just that many Twice fans have become J-pop fans, too?

#56 dokidoki™

dokidoki™

ドキドキする

• PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Locationw/ Nogichans💖

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

Do they? I know I don't. Sure it's not just that many Twice fans have become J-pop fans, too?

You're onto something, I think a lot of Kpop fans might like TWICE, fall for the Japanese Members and then research Jpop because of them. 

#57 Kimkimi

Kimkimi

Trainee

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

You're onto something, I think a lot of Kpop fans might like TWICE, fall for the Japanese Members and then research Jpop because of them.

this

#58 Lady Sara

Lady Sara

Idol

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

Their cute songs are similar to J-pop idols

But I think the biggest reason is "there are Japanese members"

#59 faye

faye

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

do you mean with international jpop fans?

because if you literally mean with japanese youth (who they're starting to get popular with) then there's too many reasons to narrow it down lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twice, J-Pop, K-Pop

Up, Up and Away!