• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:33 AM (Edited by Salieri, 09 January 2017 - 07:34 AM.)

Every single Kpop or jpop or even cpop music videos are all recorded at high end cameras yet they have such a limit on YouTube. But even YouTube have given 60fpa. Why aren't companies using higher frame rates for their music video? It really hurts my head having to watch at lower fps. Not to mention some have horrible frame times that is a pain to even look at.
I know some cpop companies uses 360 camera to get a more immersive experience which is flipping cool but. I need those 60+

#2 SeungsikPLS

SeungsikPLS

Seungsik Husband

• PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationSeungsitizen living in kyungsooland on Jin's bed

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

it doesnt look 30 fps to me tho v7EVrb1.gif

#3 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:38 AM

it doesnt look 30 fps to me tho http://i.imgur.com/v7EVrb1.gif...

If is not encode (as in the quality not saying 60fps) for the videos than is at 30. It aches the eyes.

#4 Jeffrey Jung

Jeffrey Jung

DΞΔN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Location마린... 정신차려 난 남자라구

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:40 AM (Edited by Howonnie, 09 January 2017 - 07:46 AM.)

the size is bigger they want to make it as compact as possible plus they have to take consideration that not everyone like 60fps i mean i have yet to see any MV even from Hollywood using 60fps also equipment wise not everyone has that amount of money to spend on a PC alone that can play optimal 60fps videos

#5 ChildishGambino

ChildishGambino

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationI'm from the place where hardcore is beautiful

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

my computer will blowup trying to create animated gifs with 60fps mv's :omg:

#6 Jeffrey Jung

Jeffrey Jung

DΞΔN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Location마린... 정신차려 난 남자라구

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

my computer will blowup trying to create animated gifs with 60fps mv's :omg:

basically the money you spend on your PC alone trying to play 60fps vids and making 60fps gifs aren't worth it if you're not using it as your main income sources

#7 hiraishrimp

hiraishrimp

Katy Perry MR Removed at the Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

idk really, but a lot of people make 60fps edits to mv's and they look kinda wonky

same with those 4k edits

#8 kimchidiablo

kimchidiablo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:16 AM

Maybe it makes the post editing process easier.

#9 Iceprince

Iceprince

JB's husband

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationJB's bed

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

60fps hurt my eyes

#10 blazeaire

blazeaire

🐉권지용🐉

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts
  • LocationAltissia

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

Errmm, I've never even seen any music videos anywhere use 60fps not just in asian pop so i dunno what you were expecting lol

#11 zahas1990

zahas1990

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

KPOP group Laboum - Winter Story MV were published as 60fps in their official channel tough

#12 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:44 AM (Edited by Salieri, 09 January 2017 - 09:56 AM.)

Errmm, I've never even seen any music videos anywhere use 60fps not just in asian pop so i dunno what you were expecting lol

Because Asia is far more superior in technology compared to the West. Even samsung and lg phones from south Korea can record at 60fps. Not to mention they can even record higher at 1440p which is something most companies should adopt. 1080 is so last gen. Furthermore companies like Nikion, Canon and sony are Japanese

KPOP group Laboum - Winter Story MV were published as 60fps in their official channel tough

The girls company deserves to be the stand out company for the industry. This is what MV quality is *.* we need more 60 fps from official channels.

#13 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Uhhh do you never watch shows or movies then? Isn't 24fps the industry standard that they are filmed at. Your eyes should be used to that framerate for these things by now. Do you remember The Hobbit making people sick because they filmed it at 48fps? Higher is not a bad thing but it's not what our eyes are used to for film/shows and probably why it's not common. 

#14 Mnyez619

Mnyez619

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

No money huhuhu

#15 Suzy Quatro

Suzy Quatro

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationInto the Rainbow Vein

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:17 AM (Edited by Suzy Quatro, 10 January 2017 - 05:20 AM.)

There are some kpop videos in 60fps and 4k, I think Sistar had of the first videos on that format as well on whole youtube. I remember because I read a news about that new format and how most PCs weren't even going to be able to reproduce those videos as you would require the adequate hardware and a super big bandwidth; then theres was a playlist and one of those very few videos was Sistar.

Uhhh do you never watch shows or movies then? Isn't 24fps the industry standard that they are filmed at. Your eyes should be used to that framerate for these things by now. Do you remember The Hobbit making people sick because they filmed it at 48fps? Higher is not a bad thing but it's not what our eyes are used to for film/shows and probably why it's not common. 

I was wondering that as well, don't know where this 30fps number comes from to begin with :lol:

#16 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:28 PM (Edited by Salieri, 10 January 2017 - 08:28 PM.)

Industry standard is 24 fps. But most YouTube videos are encoded and set to the videos makers. I can't even bare to watch TV or even go out to watch films anymore since they hurt my eyes. Anime is something different since is all drawn and I'm just reading sub titles. I need those 60fps for videos. It just equals to smoother experience or even just better frames that equals to better picture overall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Frame times, Fps, Frames per second, Jpop, Kpop, Cpop

Up, Up and Away!