• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#701 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

Are there places on OH that are similar to AKF?

Discussions that talk about the Korean entertainment industry and care about questions that aren't answered easily?

With a bit of self-awareness?

#702 Kpopalypse

Kpopalypse

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:46 PM (Edited by Kpopalypse, 26 December 2016 - 05:46 PM.)

Are there places on OH that are similar to AKF?

Discussions that talk about the Korean entertainment industry and care about questions that aren't answered easily?

With a bit of self-awareness?

Most of the entertainment industry focused articles were written by me so just go to my own site for those.  However I don't know of a specific place on OH that caters to this type of interest i.e beyond the gossip and things like pointless prurient interest in vocal technique, but actual stuff industry people care about... I'd start something myself but I don't have time to do what I do on my own site plus participate actively here, unfortunately.  If you want to ask tricky questions I recommend my ask.fm.

#703 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

Most of the entertainment industry focused articles were written by me so just go to my own site for those.  However I don't know of a specific place on OH that caters to this type of interest i.e beyond the gossip and things like pointless prurient interest in vocal technique, but actual stuff industry people care about... I'd start something myself but I don't have time to do what I do on my own site plus participate actively here, unfortunately.  If you want to ask tricky questions I recommend my ask.fm.

thanks! I've read a few of your articles and you're amazing :smile:

are there any K-pop online forums where the criticizing/thinking is respected?

#704 Kpopalypse

Kpopalypse

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

thanks! I've read a few of your articles and you're amazing :smile:

are there any K-pop online forums where the criticizing/thinking is respected?

Thanks!  None that I've seen.  The thing about k-pop forums is that as soon as they build up any steam they tend to attract people who aren't that mature and get very sensitive or defensive about certain topics, which blocks off a lot of conversation.  Or they go the other way and are just complete troll-fests, AKF (some of the other writers) was in my opinion a bit like that as an "antidote".  So yeah I wouldn't hold your breath for such an environment appearing that was actually pragmatic and gave reasonably objective information but that also wouldn't put you asleep to read.  It's why I don't really bother with forums much.

#705 Solfa

Solfa

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationStalkin' Mythomaniacs <3

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

Oppar, you are the one with ear for music here. This has been bothering me for a while, but am I the only one who hears similarities of this OST that you recommended with Final Fantasy IV  in this sequence?

From 0:09-0:25

Spoiler

From 0:22-1:29 (there are two songs from there Theme of Love and World Map Theme, but both in a similar style)

Spoiler

#706 Solfa

Solfa

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationStalkin' Mythomaniacs <3

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:15 AM

Kpopalypse’s 30 worst k-pop songs of 2016

Kpopalypse’s 30 favourite k-pop songs of 2016

----

Oh come on you just didn't want to put Platonic Love at #1 in your best of list because you wanted to seem different from other sheep. That song is #1 this year period. 

But dear lord, this year was so weak. Pretty much all the ones I liked made it in the list, Berry Good, Stellar, Nine Muses, Oh My Girl, Hyomin, April, Dorothy, 4Ten, Lovelyz, Sistar, Gfriend,Snuper but the others that I didn't know, only some register with me. 100% is pretty cool though. Thanks for the Oh My Girl love <3. That's the last group I would think to associate with Queen.

aPb7Ilo.gif

Now I have to prepare for the worst of list, and I'm shuddering of what I'm about to listen.  

P.S: Why is Lovelyz entry bolded?

#707 Kpopalypse

Kpopalypse

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Oppar, you are the one with ear for music here. This has been bothering me for a while, but am I the only one who hears similarities of this OST that you recommended with Final Fantasy IV  in this sequence?

Similar instrumentation and harmony but the melody is pretty different.

Kpopalypse’s 30 worst k-pop songs of 2016

Kpopalypse’s 30 favourite k-pop songs of 2016

----

Oh come on you just didn't want to put Platonic Love at #1 in your best of list because you wanted to seem different from other sheep. That song is #1 this year period. 

But dear lord, this year was so weak. Pretty much all the ones I liked made it in the list, Berry Good, Stellar, Nine Muses, Oh My Girl, Hyomin, April, Dorothy, 4Ten, Lovelyz, Sistar, Gfriend,Snuper but the others that I didn't know, only some register with me. 100% is pretty cool though. Thanks for the Oh My Girl love <3. That's the last group I would think to associate with Queen.

https://i.imgur.com/aPb7Ilo.gif...

Now I have to prepare for the worst of list, and I'm shuddering of what I'm about to listen.  

P.S: Why is Lovelyz entry bolded?

If I hadn't already been familiar with and played to death both the a-ha and the IU + Fiestar song, Platonic Love may indeed have got #1 for me, but while it's a fantastic song I'm just a little bit over that particular sound.

Lovelyz entry being bolded is a fuck-up, thanks for letting me know.  Fixed!

Up, Up and Away!