jdrama

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:31 AM (Edited by Hemlock, 27 October 2016 - 11:28 AM.)

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

A general thread to talk about Japanese dramas and movies.

For people who want to spazz about what they’re watching but don’t want to make a thread because they’re too shy or lazy~

q0OU4Zal.jpg?1

Our official mascot is Gakky <3 This is not up for debate!

News Sources

JDoramaID

Unleashthegeek

Doramaworld

Jdrama Schedule

Fall 2016 (Current Season)

Softsubs

D-addicts Fansub Map (2016)

MyDramaList Lists

If you want to share your lists i’ll add them all here

Let’s see how this goes~ If it flops it flops :O

We can start by saying what we are planning to watch this season i guess.

The ones i’m currently watching or planning to watch are NigeHaji, Jimi ni Sugoi, and Yuusha Yoshihiko 3.

#2 demasta

demasta

Maiyan & Nanase <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts
  • Locationhanging out with Maiyan and Nanase

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

oh, interesting, i'll stick around

need to finish 1 liter of tears, but I'm so busy with school, just need like 2 more episodes :/

#3 Oceans

Oceans

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationBetween all the Fandom WARS

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Thank you for making this thread! I've been watching J-movies and dramas nonstop these past few days/weeks. I will spazz here!  :ahmagah:

#4 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

oh, interesting, i'll stick around

need to finish 1 liter of tears, but I'm so busy with school, just need like 2 more episodes :/

You should probably wait until the weekend or have a day off school to watch it because you might be emotionally broken for a while T__T

#5 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:41 AM (Edited by wiaraewiwiarae, 27 October 2016 - 01:51 AM.)

I'm watching Jimi ni Sugoi and Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu this season. Both are fun.

I checked out Kuroi 10-nin no OnnaSuna no TouCareer and Sennyuu Sousa Idol Deka Dance. Didn't like them.

Planning to try watching Chef and Sniffer.

#6 Krystal.

Krystal.

杨洋icon

• PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

Oh I'll share my dorama list later.

#7 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

I've always wanted a thread like this since not so many people on OH seem to watch j-dramas so less likely to be watching the same thing and not having an outlet to describe my thoughts.

I'm a bit conflicted about doctor x season 4. I'm not sure if I should start watching it now, or wait until its finished and fully subed. 

#8 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

Thank you for making this thread! I've been watching J-movies and dramas nonstop these past few days/weeks. I will spazz here!  :ahmagah:

I've always wanted a thread like this since not so many people on OH seem to watch j-dramas so less likely to be watching the same thing and not having an outlet to describe my thoughts.

I'm a bit conflicted about doctor x season 4. I'm not sure if I should start watching it now, or wait until its finished and fully subed. 

No problem~ 

Yea i've thought about making this thread for like 2 years but never did lol. Official threads for jdramas aren't really a thing on this forum so a general one seemed like a good idea. 

I'll wait to see how it goes and then i'll ask a mod if the thread could be stickied/pinned. 

#9 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

No problem~ 

Yea i've thought about making this thread for like 2 years but never did lol. Official threads for jdramas aren't really a thing on this forum so a general one seemed like a good idea. 

I'll wait to see how it goes and then i'll ask a mod if the thread could be stickied/pinned. 

I sometimes want the same thing for korean dramas that don't get all the hype that others get. 

#10 asutra

asutra

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • LocationInfinite labyrinth

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:58 AM

Will this thread give recommendations too? Coz I need one of the recent jdrama to watch

#11 demasta

demasta

Maiyan & Nanase <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts
  • Locationhanging out with Maiyan and Nanase

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:10 AM

You should probably wait until the weekend or have a day off school to watch it because you might be emotionally broken for a while T__T

haha yeah i know ._.

#12 vocalmonster

vocalmonster

☆゚* you never walk alone。*・

• PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Locationofficial OneHallyu undertaker. PM me for details

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:16 AM

This is my list
http://mydramalist.c...ramalist/miriam
I used to mainly watch kdramas but I'm starting to really get into jdramas especially jmovies :lub:

#13 Bluebell Flames

Bluebell Flames

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationHermione's jar

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:21 AM

I'm watching Trick 2 right now. Old but gold. Funny, weird, creepy, i love it.
If anyone know recent drama with similar vibe to it, please tell me :)

#14 avanpiper

avanpiper

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:02 AM

Fall dramas that I'm watching:
Cold Case
Hippocrates no Chikai
Lady Davinci
Career (just for Tamaki Hiroshi)
Kuroi 10-nin no Onna
Doctor-X (repetitive but the fact that Daimon still kicks some arse feels good)
Suna no Tou (just for both Matsushima Nanako and Kanno Miho but if it gets ruined by an affair between Kanno and that young guy, I might drop. Nanako's stalker/mysterious character is good)

Might continue or drop in the long run:

Chef
Jimi ni Sugoi (only interested in the proofreading, Satomi and Aoki Munetaka's scenes. Honda Tsubasa needs to work on her acting. Putting her and Satomi together in a scene makes her look really bad. Also, I think I'll be forever impressed by Satomi's bullet train/machine gun mouth, talking nonstop :happy: )
Nigeru wa Haji (first episode so-so but looking forward to 2nd and hopefully it picks up)

Romantic comedy has never really been my cup of tea ^^;;

Disappointed with pilot:
IQ246 (Oda Yuji's accent bothers me a lot and Tao Tsuchiya's role is questionable to the point of her being wasted and relegated for comic relief)
The Sniffer (love both Abe Hiroshi and Teruyuki Kagawa but the tone of the drama reminds me of IQ246. I'd like it more if they tone down the comedy)

Interested to watch:
Kaseifu no Mitazono (browsed the first episode and it looks funny)

#15 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:08 AM

Checked them out. Despite the fact that I love the leads, I didn't like the dramas.

#16 Ravie

Ravie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Watching Nigeru and love it, I love the undertone of it,

Jimi Ni Sugoi left me with wanting satomi and suda scene all day.. I like their chemistry but Honda seems out of place

#17 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

I'm watching Jimi ni Sugoi and Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu this season. Both are fun.

I checked out Kuroi 10-nin no OnnaSuna no TouCareer and Sennyuu Sousa Idol Deka Dance. Didn't like them.

Where are you watching Jimi ni Sugoi? I tried looking for sites to watch it on, but most of the ones I've looked at (Dramacool, Dramanice, Gogodrama, Kdramasubs) had horrible subs timing. Like the subs wouldn't appear until like several seconds after the characters finished speaking. 

#18 whitedove

whitedove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

Since it's a general thread, I'll just post something here lol.

Loving NigeHaji so far. The leads are cute together and the chemistry is good. So far, this is the only dorama with an upward in ratings for 3 consecutive episodes.

Btw, has anyone here watched Mother, a dorama from 2010? Really good, really sad, really excellent acting. It pretty much launched the career of Ashida Mana and landed her first lead role afterwards. If you've watched Mother, you'll know that there's a reason why Mana-chan is a 'crying princess'. The reason I mentioned this though is because Korea will be remaking Mother next year with Lee Bo Young taking on Matsuyuki Yasuko's role.

#19 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:19 PM (Edited by Hemlock, 27 October 2016 - 11:20 PM.)

Where are you watching Jimi ni Sugoi? I tried looking for sites to watch it on, but most of the ones I've looked at (Dramacool, Dramanice, Gogodrama, Kdramasubs) had horrible subs timing. Like the subs wouldn't appear until like several seconds after the characters finished speaking. 

You're either gonna have to wait until the streaming sites reupload with it fixed or download raws and softsubs that are correctly synced. I was gonna watch it today but i had the same problem so i had to dl it. Haven't watched it yet though so i might still have to resync the subs myself like i did with NigeHaji. 

Since it's a general thread, I'll just post something here lol.

Loving NigeHaji so far. The leads are cute together and the chemistry is good. So far, this is the only dorama with an upward in ratings for 3 consecutive episodes.

Btw, has anyone here watched Mother, a dorama from 2010? Really good, really sad, really excellent acting. It pretty much launched the career of Ashida Mana and landed her first lead role afterwards. If you've watched Mother, you'll know that there's a reason why Mana-chan is a 'crying princess'. The reason I mentioned this though is because Korea will be remaking Mother next year with Lee Bo Young taking on Matsuyuki Yasuko's role.

Mother is my favorite jdrama and Mana is amazing in it. My favorite child actor performance in an asian drama used to be the little girl in the kdrama Thank You but damn Mother and Mana were amazing. When she explains the reason behind the mailbox T__T

Oh god they're remaking it OTL. So now there will be a korean remake of my favorite taiwanese drama, chinese drama, and japanese drama. Haven't heard good things about the remakes so i don't have hopes for Mother's. 

#20 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

I watch on dramanice, but I don't really need subs. Sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jdrama

Up, Up and Away!