lee hi lee ha yi 이하이 leehi lee hayi hisuhyun

• Please log in to reply
12274 replies to this topic

#12261 Omijacha

Omijacha

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:06 AM (Edited by Omijacha, 11 January 2017 - 04:12 AM.)

OMG guys..... Hayi will attend GDA :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for the good news!  Do you know if she's a candidate for any awards?

I forgot about the Golden Disk Awards.  I think she should get an award for the Seoulite album.  But after the long 3-year hiatus, I guess her active fandom is not big enough now to outvote the popular idol groups.

But at least it looks like she'll be performing -- and that's actually better than only getting an award.

Edit:  Yaaay!  We've finally advanced to page 614 on this thread.  It seems like it was stuck on page 613 forever.

#12262 Yuuki

Yuuki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for the good news! Do you know if she's a candidate for any awards?

I forgot about the Golden Disk Awards. I think she should get an award for the Seoulite album. But after the long 3-year hiatus, I guess her active fandom is not big enough now to outvote the popular idol groups.

But at least it looks like she'll be performing -- and that's actually better than only getting an award.

Edit: Yaaay! We've finally advanced to page 614 on this thread. It seems like it was stuck on page 613 forever.

Sorry for my late reply...

She's nominated on digital category
31-golden-disk-awards-nominees-singles-p

The album category not only with vote but also the sales # , it's hard for Hayi to win in that category with her low sales :( . And as far as I know only the winner will attend the event, so I'm sure she'll win an award. (And that is for Breathe)

Tbh, I didn't expected Hayi win GDA, one and only hope I have for her is Gaon award, so this was really surprised me :cry:

#12263 Omijacha

Omijacha

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:04 AM (Edited by Omijacha, 12 January 2017 - 01:09 AM.)

Sorry for my late reply...

She's nominated on digital category
http://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/sites/sbs....

The album category not only with vote but also the sales # , it's hard for Hayi to win in that category with her low sales :( . And as far as I know only the winner will attend the event, so I'm sure she'll win an award. (And that is for Breathe)

Tbh, I didn't expected Hayi win GDA, one and only hope I have for her is Gaon award, so this was really surprised me :cry:

I thought Breathe was relatively high in total digital sales.  I know that her Seoulite album's total digital sales are really high.  Last I checked it was about number 2 or 3.  And Breathe itself was quite high.  It's only her physical album sales numbers that are relatively low.  (And even her physical sales are similar or better than a lot of famous singers' physical sales.  Physical sales are waaaay down overall for almost everybody, except for a few idol groups that have huge fandoms.)  But, you're probably right that it will be hard for her to get enough votes and have a high enough digital sales # for Breathe for this GDA.

#12264 s3th

s3th

Trainee

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

she won! and she's savage (for a moment i thought she deliberately left out her boss in the thank you speech  :hurr:  :hurr: )

▲ Digital Single Bonsang - Main Award: G-Friend | Lee Hi | Urban Zakapa | MAMAMOO | TWICE | Suzy & Baekhyun | Zico | Taeyeon | Lim Chang Jung

*credits to allkpop

#12265 Yuuki

Yuuki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:38 AM (Edited by Yuuki, 13 January 2017 - 12:49 PM.)

170113 LEE HI (이하이) - BREATHE (한숨) + MY STAR @ 골든디스크 시상식 The 31st Golden Disc Awards

It's a bit sad that the audiences looks dead when Hayi performing My Star :(

Edit:

Idk why the video wasn't showing up, lol...

#12266 Yuuki

Yuuki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

Lee Hi's speech....

-----

#12267 seolleyo

seolleyo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Congrats to Lee Hi for winning the Digital Bonsang with Breathe at the 31st Golden Disk Awards! Yay!  Well deserved.

C2EaufUVQAA4Cu_.jpg

#12268 p77sandy

p77sandy

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

She finally got some real recognition! I'm so happy!

#12269 Omijacha

Omijacha

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:46 AM

I sometimes wonder if the person (or people) at YG who are responsible for the YG Life website, etc., even know that Lee Hi is a YG artist.  It's so hard to find any mention of her among the "Hot Issue" items or any similar places.  I've been looking at all of the other "Hot Issue" news items, which include almost ridiculously trivial "news" about other artists.  Almost things like  "GD seen in public wearing shoes" "TOP got a haircut"  "CL has a new fur coat".  Every little thing about some groups and artists is included as a "Hot Issue" item.

But when Lee Hi does something like performing on Infinite Challenge with Dok2 & Yu Jae Seok, composes the melody of the hook ... and the song goes as high as number 5 on Melon....it just gets completely ignored.  There's just nothing but the sound of crickets at "YG Life".   It's not a "Hot Issue".  It's nothing at all.   The only time they bother including anything relating to Lee Hi is only when she's in the middle of the core of the peak week of promoting an album (once every 3 years).  Other than that, they seem to ignore her existence completely.

Sorry for the rant.  It's just been bugging me for a long time and just became really obvious again this past week as the YG Life website continued to completely ignore everything related to Lee Hi.

I mean, seriously, the person in charge of the YG Life Hot Issue news list must really hate Lee Hi or doesn't know that she's under contract with YG or something.  But it's really bad.   I scrolled through more than 10 pages (more than two hundred listed news items) going back to September...and found not even one item about  Lee Hi...ZERO (0), ZIP, NADA!  And it's not that I finally found any news item about her that far back.  I just gave up. 

And it's not like there are not any news articles to include. Using a search engine, it's fairly easy to find articles about the performance on Infinite Challenge -- or even news about the small bits that she got as a back-up singer for Yang Hee Eun at the GayoDaeJeon show.  But for some reason, you won't see any of those news items included at YG Life.  "YG Life" has absolutely no interest in anything relating to Lee Hi.  I'm sure that even if she won a Nobel Prize and was invited to sing at a gathering of all of the world's leaders and then invented cures for 10 major diseases, YG Life would be totally uninterested and would just completely ignore such news events.  

Soooo strange!  If a person wants to easily and quickly see the latest news about Big Bang (or its individual members) or CL or Sechs Kies or, to some extent, Black Pink or iKon, YG Life is a really good resource.  If you want to see any news about Lee Hi, YG Life is worse than worthless.  It's the last place to go to look for any information about Lee Hi.  You can probably find more Lee Hi related information on the moon or on Neptune than you'll ever find at YG Life.

Well, I was hoping that the YG Life website manager would prove me wrong by at least putting up one item to mention Lee Hi's GDA award and performance.  SADLY ENOUGH, they just proved me right by totally ignoring it.  Not even one mention of it.  Meanwhile, it seems like they'll put up "news" items for everyone else, no matter how trivial.  I bet if TOP told them he found a sock that he lost last week, they'd put up a "HOT ISSUE" news item for it.  But if Lee Hi were to win the Nobel Peace Prize, a Grammy Award and hit number one on Billboard, they would probably still completely ignore it. 

It's looking more and more like the YG Life website manager really does not know that Lee Hi is in YG.

#12270 Chappy

Chappy

Idol

• PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hi guys!!! Seeing in the YGfam thread all this updates about Hayi with so many producers and singers, I'm really exited for the new album!!! Like really really REALLY EXITED!!! When do you think it will get released?

#12271 Yuuki

Yuuki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hayi in LA

Nb. I'll try to update as much as I can ^^

#12272 danlovsicbea

danlovsicbea

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:34 AM

i wonder what happened. the sudden acquired freedom to go to the states. do music with such people.

an english album? O M G

#12273 Extra Cedar

Extra Cedar

Trainee

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

I am hoping Lee Hi get to release an album this year. I hope for a release at the latter half of the year. I love her album last year and was happy that she won a Bonsang in the GDA. Seriously, the album is gold. The quality, the collaborations, the hardwork to produce the album, they did a great job! Of course, Lee Hi's sound is heaven. And she also has a great stage presence.

Maybe YGE in Korea has its hands full given the long list of artists that will make a comeback? Or maybe not? But I am sure that YG would ensure the quality of her album in the end. I really wish for a comeback for Lee Hi this year. She needs consistency in her comeback.  

#12274 xxxnamie

xxxnamie

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

HAYI BETTER SLAY USSSSS

ugh tiny queen will come through with the best yg album + song again  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

#12275 Yuuki

Yuuki

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

LEE HI Instagram Update

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lee hi, lee ha yi, 이하이, leehi, lee hayi, hisuhyun

Up, Up and Away!