JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Vogue Girl: Little Diva Lee Hi’s Sweet Moment

Who’s That Girl?

tumblr_inline_mm6a3w7uje1qz4rgp.jpg

Jumper from Pedro Lorenco, sheer skirt from Grange Yard, the inner skirt from American Apparel, leggings from Wolford, the shoes were from stylist’s collection.

In the evening of Arbor day, Lee Hi came 30 minutes earlier to the studio than the arranged time. She had a distinctive sleepy look on her face yet she greeted me with a calm voice. “Hello Unni?” ah, I’ve been in this scene before. Suddenly, I remembered that day last year and it felt like a deja vu. Even though she didn’t win the audition program, this little diva received more attention than the winner and hence given the chance to be interviewed (last year). We met early in the evening, all the staff in the studio fell in love with her and it didn’t feel like much time has gone by. She wore a yellow t-shirt just like an elementary school student, her voice was toned down and she kind of stuttered a little bit but she had a sincere look on her face and her makeup suited her which made her sleepy eyes looked different. She spoke just like in her first performance of ‘Bust Your Windows’ where she wore a sweater with pumpkin pants.  After the shooting ended, we went to beef house and the chocolate chip bread was really delicious and it must be just like what mothers and fathers would feel on Children’s Day interview. During ‘K-Pop Star’ broadcast, Lee Hi mentioned that her ideal type was TOP and she wanted to be just like CL, her meeting with them was exciting but she was nervous and couldn’t express herself. Hi’s elder sister said to her mother, “It would be really nice if you would allow Hi to be a singer. There are only thousands kids who can sing as good as Hi.” Later that evening, Lee Hi savored and stuffed fully her small mouth with sashimi for dinner and it was a pity that the editor couldn’t eat meat and didn’t get to see this cute side of Lee Hi personally.

tumblr_inline_mm6a8aj2K61qz4rgp.jpg

Jacket from Versace, shorts from Kye and the bandana was from stylist’s collection.

Exactly eleven months have passed (since her previous interview). The one accompanying her was not ‘K-Pop Star’ writer anymore but YG Entertainment manager and even though there was not much difference, she wasn’t called ‘Character Figure (previously, when searching for her on Naver this title would come up next to her name. Some websites still put up this title when introducing TV audition contestants)’ anymore, and it too didn’t cross our minds that this girl once starred in an audition program. Just like her previous single ‘1,2,3,4’, the songs from her new studio album ‘First Love’ dominated all the music charts, if 2NE1 Park Bom was to describe this she would say ‘The best among the best’.

tumblr_inline_mm6abbWHJv1qz4rgp.jpg

Metallic tube top dress from Burberry Prorsum. T-shirt and sunglasses were from stylist’s collection.

Lee Hi who arrived earlier than the staff waited in the powder room. She was wearing a black top, body fit denim pants and a pair of UGG boots and accessorized with a bag that was twice bigger than her face. Even though she was slimmer than before, it was a relief that her chubby baby face was still there. She gladly received the bee shaped pillow as a gift from the editor with both hands. She got excited just like a young kid and that appearance was no different than a young innocent girl. We searched on our smartphones for the article on Lee Moon Sae who stated that he wants to do a collaboration with Lee Hi. The girl who was mentioned by the senior singer felt it was an honor.

tumblr_inline_mm6afcZuCr1qz4rgp.jpg

Jacket and pants from Juicy Couture, top from Pierre Balmain, headpiece from Stephen Jones.

“I think Lee Moon Sae (sunbae-nim) must have thought that I didn’t know him that well. Actually, I’ve mentioned before that I really like his songs.” On the other hand, she was asked which singers she personally wanted to collaborate with, Lee Hi said CL and Taeyang. Lee Hi was singing to the lyrics of Jasmine Sullivan song as soon as it was played in the studio. I was curious which song she has been listening to these days. “Recently, I’ve been listening to a lot of songs by Kimbra. I also listen to Rihanna’s latest album and sometimes Rita Ora as well.” When the dinner time had come, the girl looked like she was hungry. Her manager came and brought her just plain yogurt. I asked her is it because of diet that she’s been eating like that, she said she had eaten a small portion of rice earlier before coming to the studio. She said that she eats pumpkin soup that her mom prepares everyday and meat sometimes, then pretended that she was plump by patting her stomach with her hand. I asked her what’s the good thing of being a member of YG, “I can’t really explain it by words. Actually, being in the same family as the great artists itself is a plus.” Then I asked, can she now converse with her ideal type TOP naturally? “Actually, I don’t meet any of the artists as often as I expected. When I meet him I would greet carefully, ‘Hello sunbae-nim?’ and he would just reply ‘Oh, hello.’” It seemed like her fashion sense had changed. YG stylist mentioned that for Lee Hi’s album jacket photo shoot, a total of 10 costumes were prepared and the headpieces were personally chosen by Lee Hi, raising my curiosity. “At times in between the schedules, I would go to edit shop with manager oppa and these days I really enjoy that time. Especially Daily Projects, they have a lot of pretty clothes. Just like Joyrich and Fleamadonna, the clothes are a mixed of girly, cute and even hip hop and I think that kind of style suits me. One time I asked, ‘Unni where is this?’ It was in the basement and it felt like Alice in Wonderland, we had to pass by some grasses to get to the shop (she was probably referring to Tom Greyhound Downstairs) and a lot of pretty clothes were there.”

tumblr_inline_mm6ai47pQi1qz4rgp.jpg

Hat from Grange Yard, t-shirt from Comme des Garcons, long skirt from WWA, shoes from Giuseppe Zanotti. The socks were from stylist’s collection.

The staff started to arrive at the studio one by one. Then we were told that the stylist had arrived and we went to hide behind the curtain to surprise her. However, when the powder room door was opened, the one who went into the room wasn’t the stylist but actually photographer’s assistant. With a disappointed expression, Lee Hi went to apply her makeup! The photo shoot started at about 9pm.

tumblr_inline_mm6akuMWRS1qz4rgp.jpg

Peplum top from Fleamadonna, rose print cap and skirt were from stylist’s collection.

The clothes that stylist had prepared for Lee Hi were lovely and unique in order to match the concept and were of variety of lively pink. As soon as the photo shoot started, the editor came to realize that it is not the girl Lee Hi that she knows. I was a bit puzzled that she knows how to pose in front of the camera confidently without much help from the photographer, she wasn’t the shy Lee Hi and came to notice that this is her another charm. I playfully asked her what had happened in that period of one year, then she was back to being the shy high school girl. “It’s just that every time I go to hair salon, I would work hard and focus on reading magazines.” During the break in between the photo shoot, she asked the makeup artist to give tips on makeup like, “I apply BB cream to brighten up my skin but there was a couple of times that it made it looked darker, why is that?”, “Which one is a better foundation color for me? Cool tone or warm tone?” This was not all. When moving on to the other cuts, she personally applied nail polish of different shades of pink. “Well, well! It’ sad that I should paint (my nails) prettily but instead I applied them too well.”

tumblr_inline_mm6ansYjAk1qz4rgp.jpg

Hooded jumper from Chromehearts, flower printed cardigan and one piece dress from Blugirl.

It was almost one clock in the morning and there was only one cut left when Lee Hi came to the powder room. Her manager brought in the new albums and name panel. 30 minutes later, Lee Hi started to sign the albums and even wrote the name of each staff personally including the photographer’s assistant. She drew hearts and even wrote some comments on the sweet Laduree macaron box-like albums. Lee Hi remembered that the editor had mentioned previously that her father is a fan of Lee Hi, so Lee HI even prepared a separate album just for the editor’s father. After the photo shoot ended and it was time to go home, I noticed that Lee Hi hadn’t come out of the powder room and it seemed like she was looking for something. She looked anxious and very serious. So the editor asked what was the problem. Lee Hi said, “Unni, the Hello Kitty and My Melody sticker that had my lip marks, did you throw it away?”

Source: Vogue Girl
Translated by: twosecondsdifference@flyhayi

tumblr_inline_mm6bdczmGV1qz4rgp.png

#23 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Lee Hi's Blog Update

tumblr_mm6bsf69id1rjgxz4o1_500.jpg

[HIHEEL] [HI story #24] Lee Hi Secret Live RE-HI

여러분, 5월 12일 (일) 5시 서강대 메리홀에서 만나요! 

초대장은 오늘부터 개별 메일을 통해 순차적으로 보내드릴게요

공연 열심히 준비하고 있으니 모두 기대해주세요 ^^ 

Translations: I’ll see you at the Sogang University Mary Hall, May 12 (Sunday) 5:00! Please look forward to the performances!

#24 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Lee Hi Web Advertisements for LG Optimus G Pro

tumblr_mm69lr60IL1rk2vd4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mm69lr60IL1rk2vd4o2_1280.jpg

cr: flyhayi

#25 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Lee Hi to hold exclusive live concert event ‘RE-HI’ in front of 500 fans

tumblr_mm7qg3Fnp61rk2vd4o1_500.jpg

Lee Hi will soon be holding her first live concert event entitled, ‘RE-HI‘, for 500 lucky fans!

The 500 lucky fans that will attend the concert will include the 250 fans who received an invite by attending Lee Hi’s one-day pop up store event ‘Rosehill’ in March. These 250 fans each received an extra ticket to bring along a friend, and they’ll make up the audience for the upcoming concert.

YG Entertainment stated, “In addition to inviting fans to the concert, there will also be a special video recording and other free services for those who won’t be able to attend, but want to listen to Lee Hi’s songs.”

Lee Hi will perform her hits and various pop songs in addition to never-before-heard jazz and acoustic renditions of her own tracks at Sogang University’s Mary Hall in Seoul on the 12th.

Source: Allkpop

#26 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Lee Moon Sae, Lee Hayi communicates through music

tumblr_inline_mm6xvvMMc01qz4rgp.jpg

Solo artist Lee Moon Sae and Lee Hayi met each other through SBS Thank You.

Lee Hayi sang “Whistle” together with Lee Moon Sae, a senior singer who she respect a lot. They showed music communication beyond the era. Lee Moon Sae said during the interview: “It seems cool to communicate with Lee Hayi through music.”

During the recording, Hayi’s sudden appearance surprised him. Even Ha Ji Won, Seo Hee Tae and Cha In Pyeo could not conceal their surprised expression. Lee Hayi sang Lee Moon Se’s hit song “Whistle” with her own style. Lee Moon Sae then sang together. Everyone were moved by them, Ha Ji Won even gave Hayi a warm hug.

translated by: seugnri@flyhayi

Source: FlyHayi

#27 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Lee Hi on Found Magazine, May 2013 Issue

tumblr_mm7y1wVKjK1rk2vd4o1_1280.jpg

cr: flyhayi

#28 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lee Hi with Lee Moon Sae @ SBS Thank You

tumblr_mm5wk3zpSE1rk2vd4o1_500.jpg

#29 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Most Viewed K-Pop Debuts Of All Time: #1 2NE1's Fire #7 LEE HI's 1.2.3.4 #9 BIGBANG's Lalala

765220932.jpg

#30 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Mnet Countdown's K-Chart #3 - #10 for this week: #5 LEE HI's ROSE (at 1:05)

Lee Hi's Rose ranked #6 on Music Bank's K-Chart for the 3rd week of April

#31 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Unseen Photo of Lee Hi and TeenTop’s Ricky at SOPA

ricky-lee-hi.jpg?w=640&h=426

ricky-lee-hi-2.png?w=640

This photo was taken on the date when Seoul School Performing of Arts held its annually Youth Culture Festival. There some idols who go to SOPA hold a fansigning event.

Even though Hayi hadn’t debuted under YG yet, she has been known as KPOPSTAR members at the moment.

source : rickya.com // please don’t edit the photo or remove the logo//realtabi

#32 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Lee Moon Sae has nothing but praise for Lee Hi on ‘Thank You’

tumblr_inline_mm9bg6udZw1qz4rgp.jpg

Lee Moon Sae had nothing but good things to say to talented rookie Lee Hi!

She came out as a special guest for this week’s episode of SBS‘ ‘Thank You‘, and from the moment she appeared, Lee Moon Sae couldn’t keep himself from smiling. As mentioned before, the veteran artist had mentioned the rookie’s name when asked who he wanted to try working with, and commented on the show, “I think she was born with her musical talent.“ He added, “It’s not just her voice, but I think her musical sensitivity exceeds mine.

Lee Hi then sang a bit of “Whistle” as Lee Moon Sae strummed on the guitar, obviously pleased by the rookie’s ability to catch on quickly.

When Lee Hi asked him for advice saying, “A lot of people think my voice has limits. I want to make something that’s definitely mine.” Lee Moon Sae advised, “In the world, there are a lot of people who can sing well. The point is how sincere you are at making and singing music. Technique gets boring quickly.

Check out their performance of “Whistle” below!

Via AKP

#33 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Unseen Lee Hi’s Letter For a Fan – Trans / DCGALL

764268435.jpg?w=640

To : 기쁨만땅~ ♡

Thankyou for cheering me up~

I love you infinitely thankyou >_<

source : DCGALL – Planet Hayi

#34 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Lee Hi on 10TEN Korea April Issue

396833_309601155837960_75122806_n.jpg?w=

source : DCGALLERY

#35 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

KBS World Official YouTube Channel uploaded Lee Hi - Rose | 이하이 - Rose [K-Pop Hot Clip]

MelOn Chart Top 25 - 29.04.2013: #14 LEE HI's ROSE

#36 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

[TWITTER] Mayor Kim Man Soo:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a3bf5d3e1aed1...

Written on the CD: Mr. Mayor! Your ardent support always gives me strength! Please continue to support me in the future as well!

*Kim Man Soo is the mayor of Hayi’s hometown, Bucheon.*

Translations by: tokkimeow@flyhayi

How cute is that XD

#37 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Lee Hi Story on Android's Play Store

765169321.jpg

#38 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

How cute is that XD

So cute how she called him Mr. Mayor, lol.

#39 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

An email from YGE for a lucky fan, about Secret Live RE-HI Invitation

765555381.jpg

(Cr: *미모사+)

#40 JessJess

JessJess

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

LEE HI's 1.2.3.4 MV has reached 11,001,062 views on her official channel

BJU-qL3CMAAbKIn.jpg

Celebratory watch!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lee hi, lee ha yi, 이하이, leehi, lee hayi, hisuhyun

Up, Up and Away!