staff recruiting events events team projects team recruitment

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Mark Lee's Wifeu

Mark Lee's Wifeu

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationIn case you didn't know NCT Mark Lee is my husband. NCT IS LIFE. NCT IS DEATH. Chillin' with the #Savengers.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

I want to start off by saying that Projects Team member are 100% as important and on the same level as current members and future Asia Team members.

I wouldn't describe it so much as limitations, but as a role which fulfills a need or needs. We're currently making a push to build the Asia Team because we need to provide more content for the Asia/Pacific users. There's a need to provide more content for all users, and one area for opportunity is hosting more events. Specifically larger and recurring events. Creating events is quite time consuming, so we need to bring in new team members to collaborate on these larger projects, which splits up the work therefore making it easier to host these more frequently.

It's not meant to be a downgrade. The position is meant for those interested in expanding what we do as a team, for creating new and innovative activities which can include more of our rapidly growing user base. It's definitely not what we've hired for in the past, and that's by design. But the Projects Team is just as important.

Here's the reason why current members are not being assigned roles: when they applied for the team, they did not apply to focus on events or games. For me to ask them to do this would be entirely unfair. However, some of them are choosing to focus on one or the other, and that's great too.

I hope this helps answer any concerns which have not been communicated yet. I would love to answer any further questions about the new team member roles, or field any other concerns or questions. Please feel free to do so here or in a PM.

Okay, thank you for responding and replying so informatively.

Good luck with o applicants,

#42 wildfire

wildfire

universal bae

• Events Team
  • 1,789 posts
  • Locationall i want is red wine and financial security

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

are we allowed to submit multiple proposals? providing they are both fleshed out of course

#43 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationThe world wide web

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

are we allowed to submit multiple proposals? providing they are both fleshed out of course

Absolutely!

#44 wildfire

wildfire

universal bae

• Events Team
  • 1,789 posts
  • Locationall i want is red wine and financial security

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely!

great!!  :ahmagah:

#45 StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,032 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:22 AM

Can i just submit ideas, critiques, and suggestions in the awards team thread from time to time?

i have ideas, but i just don't want to be a part of staff.

#46 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

Can i just submit ideas, critiques, and suggestions in the awards team thread from time to time?

Awards team thread?

#47 StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,032 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:31 AM

Awards team thread?

events team i mean =D

#48 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 26,333 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:31 AM

We're the events team~

#49 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

events team i mean =D

Yes, of course!  And we're going to have a second thread soon that's relevant to your question.

#50 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

since i'm in the moment and an idea popped up:

I moved this into the Ask Thread, and we can discuss it there  :)

#51 abra

abra

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts
  • LocationSoju tastes sweet when your life gets bitter

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

I'd like to host small events from time to time but I for one don't meet the qualifications and it seems a bit too demanding

#52 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

I'd like to host small events from time to time but I for one don't meet the qualifications and it seems a bit too demanding

I understand, it's not for everyone, however...

We will be working on large projects, this is true, but by splitting the responsibilities between a group of team members, it won't be a huge amount of work for any one person.  It's part of what makes the Projects Team unique.  

#53 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

The applications for the  Projects and Asia teams have been updated with the following:

Do you have previous experience working on a website?  If so, please include: when, where, as well as your role and responsibilities.

Thanks!

#54 Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh! Press
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

The applications for the  Projects and Asia teams have been updated with the following:

Do you have previous experience working on a website?  If so, please include: when, where, as well as your role and responsibilities.

Thanks!

Just a question, but how much of one's application is weighed in this question?  If someone happens to run another site, is that going to affect their application negatively?  Or if someone has past experience, will it be good for their app?  It just seems a bit random that the question is being thrown in now. 

#55 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:53 AM

Just a question, but how much of one's application is weighed in this question? If someone happens to run another site, is that going to affect their application negatively? Or if someone has past experience, will it be good for their app? It just seems a bit random that the question is being thrown in now.

Random? No I wouldn't say that. We take the hiring process very seriously, and the process is ever evolving.

So, it is something which should have been included in prior recruitments and I apologize for that.

I will also address this individually with the candidates who have already sent in their applications.

Will it affect negatively? I would say it generally will help. The transition for me, even though I have plenty of real world experience, had its ups and downs.

Hope this helps!

#56 JaeLeCactus

JaeLeCactus

Trainee

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWherever the hell Daeil is

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:09 PM (Edited by JaeLeCactus, 20 October 2016 - 01:09 PM.)

What does it mean, exactly, by occupation? Things like an irl job that could interfere?

#57 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Senior Idol

• Events Coordinator
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

What does it mean, exactly, by occupation? Things like an irl job that could interfere?

Your current job, or unemployed, or a student.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

#58 katt

katt

˗ˏˋ Stan Twix ˎˊ˗

• Awards Team
  • 9,572 posts
  • Location🎃 🍭 Minatozakisus Sana🍭 💘2KAT💘

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

Oh you are still accepting apps for this? :o

#59 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 26,333 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:48 AM

Oh you are still accepting apps for this? :o

Yes we are!

#60 JaeLeCactus

JaeLeCactus

Trainee

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWherever the hell Daeil is

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:38 PM

Your current job, or unemployed, or a student.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

Ok. Thanks ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, staff, recruiting, events, events team, projects team, recruitment

Up, Up and Away!