#21 THE ANCIENT QUEEN

THE ANCIENT QUEEN

♠__♛ THE HEARTLESS QUEEN ♛__♠

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Locationyou

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

SM's pushing shinee to take that GDA. 

SM doesn't have to push them. Every damn year they talk about how much they want the Daesang

#22 godigodi

godigodi

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

I don't think SJ will have a comeback this yr seeing one of their vocalists going to the army. But who knows, anything can still happen though. We still have 6 months to go.

suju will not have an album this year not because of Yesung, but because of the world tour.

but it's not for sure, because I remember they said no album for 2012 too, but SFS did still happen so.

#23 Kr4M

Kr4M

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

B1A4  :ahmagah: 

#24 ellexx

ellexx

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationBANALAND

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

B1A4 SLAYING 

#25 abraa

abraa

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • LocationKanto

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Why are some of them bolded??

Would be good to see an update on 4minute, they've probably atleast doubled their sales by now

#26 Honeyed Oasis

Honeyed Oasis

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationOuch! You gorilla-like son of a...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

SM doesn't have to push them. Every damn year they talk about how much they want the Daesang

Well, it's their chance to snag one of them. As I said, assuming SJ won't come back this yr, they have a shot at it.

#27 wisteria

wisteria

끝까지 샤이니

• PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • LocationDelulu Corner of the SHINee World

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Why are some of them bolded??

Would be good to see an update on 4minute, they've probably atleast doubled their sales by now

I bolded the relevant ones (still promoting)
Not really doubled. they are averaging less than a hundred (less than 50) now. Even T-ara and SHINee Dream Girl. So maybe they didn't wanna track them anymore. I can't find daily updates... 

#28 smilekyu

smilekyu

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Cho Yong Pil - "Hello" - 129,300 (released Apr. 22) (current)

WOW :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

#29 abraa

abraa

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • LocationKanto

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I bolded the relevant ones (still promoting)
Not really doubled. they are averaging less than a hundred (less than 50) now. Even T-ara and SHINee Dream Girl. So maybe they didn't wanna track them anymore. I can't find daily updates... 

But how are they still winning award shows then?

#30 wisteria

wisteria

끝까지 샤이니

• PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

But how are they still winning award shows then?

Most awards shows don't really count album sales. That's why SHINee can't win. Plus there are alot of boy groups promoting + Cho Young Pil, T-ara N4 who are strong physical sellers. 

Inkigayo, Show Champion do not really count album sales anymore.

MCountdown and Music Bank --  10% / 5% ?

MuCore - Digital + Physical - 60%

#31 abraa

abraa

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • LocationKanto

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Most awards shows don't really count album sales. That's why SHINee can't win. Plus there are alot of boy groups promoting + Cho Young Pil, T-ara N4 who are strong physical sellers. 

Inkigayo, Show Champion do not really count album sales anymore.

MCountdown and Music Bank --  10% / 5% ?

MuCore - Digital + Physical - 60%

Oh, I see. I thought there were some that focused mostly on physical.

So sad to see T-ara only labeled a strong "physical seller" when they used to be so strong digitally.

#32 thubecgie88

thubecgie88

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hanteo counts sales from a select subset of sellers that report data to Hanteo. (But, e.g., you can buy and then return an album --> net movement of 0 units --> still counts as 1 on the Hanteo; hence the issue of "cheating" on this chart.)

Gaon counts shipments (i.e. # of units distributed* to sellers, not from sellers to customers); at the end of the year (I don't think they do this on a monthly basis), Gaon will subtract from total shipments the total return to better represent what is actually sold. (Since what is shipped is what sellers predict will sell but may or may not sell. In the latter case, they may be returned.)

*Gaon has a list of distributors that report data to it. I'm not sure if that list covers every distributor in Korea, but generally Gaon is thought to count "all" where as Hanteo counts "certain".

So it's not exactly correct to say that Hanteo and Gaon "count the same". Though yes, there is overlap in what is "sold" as according to Hanteo and what is "sold" as according to Gaon

---

Edit: Thought of something else. Hanteo figures are used for weekly music show awards; Gaon figures are used for year-end awards.

The credibility of both charts are questionable, not just Hanteo. But it seems that Korean only cares about Hanteo since Hanteo has a much longer history

#33 Mr. Squirrel Princess

Mr. Squirrel Princess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how many albums they have sold at the end of the year

Their album is #1 on Hanteo rn and it has pretty consistently been in the top few positions since it has been released

#34 wisteria

wisteria

끝까지 샤이니

• PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how many albums they have sold at the end of the year

Their album is #1 on Hanteo rn and it has pretty consistently been in the top few positions since it has been released

Looks like their fandom grew... In The Wind was 63k at the end of 2012... I just updated it.. it's 62.6k now :)

#35 renn

renn

Senior Idol

• Translations Team
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

The credibility of both charts are questionable, not just Hanteo. But it seems that Korean only cares about Hanteo since Hanteo has a much longer history

I know the credibility of both charts are questionable; I did not state that the Gaon is accurate. There are obvious flaws with both systems of counting. :lol:

I brought up the point of "cheating" on the Hanteo since this has come up before as "scandals" and people might have heard of the usage of Gaon numbers to check Hanteo numbers. (This is not a matter of Gaon being necessarily more accurate, rather a matter of it being improbable (or impossible? since normally I'd think that Hanteo tends towards somewhat of an underestimation and Gaon an overestimation) that Hanteo figures > Gaon figures. The accuracy of each of those in reflecting actual sales is another matter.) I did not elaborate on this, though maybe I should have so I wouldn't misrepresent the two charts' relative accuracy? ^^;;

As for which chart Koreans care about, I don't know. Though like I mentioned, it's true that Hanteo is used for weekly music show awards and Gaon for year-end awards, so they're both relevant to the I-fans here who want to estimate their idols' chances of getting awards (or whatever other purpose such stats may serve). :9

#36 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm not sure what you're basing "Koreans only care about Hanteo" on?  But even if it were true, isn't that just because Hanteo has numbers all the time while Gaon only puts out actual numbers on a monthly basis, so it's easier to look at Hanteo to get an idea of how things are going?

#37 wisteria

wisteria

끝까지 샤이니

• PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Is my explanation easy to follow idek lol. I've tried defining Hanteo and Gaon to people on multiple occasions but whereas the distinctions are clear inside my head, I feel like my use of words jumbles things up. xD;;

I think it's a good explanation.. alot of people are uninformed and only want the basic facts anyway! Me too I'm pretty clueless. Thanks! :)

#38 thubecgie88

thubecgie88

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I know the credibility of both charts are questionable; I did not state that the Gaon is accurate. There are obvious flaws with both systems of counting. :lol:

I brought up the point of "cheating" on the Hanteo since this has come up before as "scandals" and people might have heard of the usage of Gaon numbers to check Hanteo numbers. (This is not a matter of Gaon being necessarily more accurate, rather a matter of it being improbable (or impossible? since normally I'd think that Hanteo tends towards somewhat of an underestimation and Gaon an overestimation) that Hanteo figures > Gaon figures. The accuracy of each of those in reflecting actual sales is another matter.) I did not elaborate on this, though maybe I should have so I wouldn't misrepresent the two charts' relative accuracy? ^^;;

As for which chart Koreans care about, I don't know. Though like I mentioned, it's true that Hanteo is used for weekly music show awards and Gaon for year-end awards, so they're both relevant to the I-fans here who want to estimate their idols' chances of getting awards (or whatever other purpose such stats may serve). :9

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

#39 Mr. Squirrel Princess

Mr. Squirrel Princess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Looks like their fandom grew... In The Wind was 63k at the end of 2012... I just updated it.. it's 62.6k now :)

Oh cool. Their physical sales have continuously been growing each comeback. Can't wait to see how much WGO is going to sell

#40 renn

renn

Senior Idol

• Translations Team
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

It's okay. Don't worry about it! :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sales, hanteo, twice, exo, seventeen, big bang, shinhwa, nct, ravi, aoa

Up, Up and Away!