Photo

Disney's Frozen "First Time in Forever" Trailer + Clips

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Chonnabi

Chonnabi

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

This trailer makes me even more excited to watch the movie.

So far, it has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes so I have high expectations for this movie from Disney.

http://www.rottentom.../m/frozen_2013/

Clips

#2 المروة

المروة

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

she's fucking Jesus running on that water

#3 jsa

jsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Honestly I'm still skeptical.

It could just be that the Snow Queen has always been one of my favorite fairy tales and that I haven't been wowed by a Disney movie in years, though..

#4 Athena

Athena

JINNYBAE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,668 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't think I'm going to watch it. Animations department did a bad job on her face, she looks just like Rapunzel and it irks me.

#5 RubberDuckyTai

RubberDuckyTai

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think I'm going to watch it. Animations department did a bad job on her face, she looks just like Rapunzel and it irks me.

I thought I was the only one! They all look like characters from Tangled, and the music is similar too. I'll watch it just because it's part of my job, but not really excited about it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

#6 Dandelion Wine

Dandelion Wine

Music in Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

100% from Rotten Tomatoes? :shock: Well, that's certainly caught my attention.
Some of the scenes look cool, but some look eh. I have a feeling this movie will be a hit-or-miss for me

#7 youchewflop

youchewflop

pure schoolgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't think I'm going to watch it

#8 Mel

Mel

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Looks nice

#9 ezgiT

ezgiT

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

i will watch this because i am a sucker for Disney movies unless it ends like stupid pocahontas 2, fucking ditched john smith! i aint over that shit yet

#10 Butters

Butters

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Cant wait for this. I dont even care.

#11 starcruise

starcruise

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I wish Disney would go back to traditional animation. :\

#12 wiz109

wiz109

Llama Queen of the Forums

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

you and me both, I liked the Frog Princess, it gave me hope that we would be able to see some more great princess films like the ones from my childhood...but noooooooooooooooo errythang got to be CG shit

#13 starcruise

starcruise

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

you and me both, I liked the Frog Princess, it gave me hope that we would be able to see some more great princess films like the ones from my childhood...but noooooooooooooooo errythang got to be CG shit

I mean, the CG isn't a deal breaker for me -- if the movie is still good, I'll watch it and enjoy. But like a lot of people have already said, this looks waaaay too much like Tangled. The traditional animation films were nice because each of them basically had a distinct style. Sleeping Beauty isn't a favorite of mine overall, but I love how angular the animation is.

#14 zaddd3

zaddd3

~S♥NE OVERLORD~

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:58 PM (Edited by zaddd3, 14 November 2013 - 08:59 PM.)

I wish so too :/ don't get me wrong, I ADORED everything about Tangled and the animation was beautiful, but I don't want it to become the staple of Disney movies. To me, hand-drawn animation is the staple of Disney movies and I hope the company goes back to its traditional animation style.

That being said, I'm still extremely excited for this movie. It's Disney, so of course it's going to be amazing. I'm a sucker for Disney songs and I can't wait to hear the music in this one! 

#15 wiz109

wiz109

Llama Queen of the Forums

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

I mean, the CG isn't a deal breaker for me -- if the movie is still good, I'll watch it and enjoy. But like a lot of people have already said, this looks waaaay too much like Tangled. The traditional animation films were nice because each of them basically had a distinct style. Sleeping Beauty isn't a favorite of mine overall, but I love how angular the animation is.

no I see it too, they were lazy with the character design, but even in the days of animation, even if the character designs weren't similar Disney used to recycle scenes from movies.

Anyways I ended up being pleasantly surprised by Tangled, and this is one of my favourite stories growing up too, so hopefully this will enjoyable too even though I have low expectations

#16 RubberDuckyTai

RubberDuckyTai

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:09 PM (Edited by Taisia, 14 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.)

I wish so too :/ don't get me wrong, I ADORED everything about Tangled and the animation was beautiful, but I don't want it to become the staple of Disney movies. To me, hand-drawn animation is the staple of Disney movies and I hope the company goes back to its traditional animation style.

That being said, I'm still extremely excited for this movie. It's Disney, so of course it's going to be amazing. I'm a sucker for Disney songs and I can't wait to hear the music in this one! 

Because this whole CG vs Traditional thing is off topic...I'm adding a spoiler.

Spoiler

#17 zaddd3

zaddd3

~S♥NE OVERLORD~

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Because this whole CG vs Traditional thing is off topic...I'm adding a spoiler.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 starcruise

starcruise

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Exactly! Like, Tangled is actually one of my favorite Disney movies from the past few years, and while I was admittedly skeptical about the CG at first, I learned to appreciate it -- mostly because it was fresh and distinct. I think they can still go this route without being so lazy about it. That's my main issue at this point. Even using a one word title again is kinda... :\

no I see it too, they were lazy with the character design, but even in the days of animation, even if the character designs weren't similar Disney used to recycle scenes from movies.

Anyways I ended up being pleasantly surprised by Tangled, and this is one of my favourite stories growing up too, so hopefully this will enjoyable too even though I have low expectations

If the trailers are anything to go by, I think this film will still be good. Thanks for sharing that video, BTW. It's amazing how much of that I had never picked up on.

#19 RubberDuckyTai

RubberDuckyTai

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 zaddd3

zaddd3

~S♥NE OVERLORD~

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Exactly! Like, Tangled is actually one of my favorite Disney movies from the past few years, and while I was admittedly skeptical about the CG at first, I learned to appreciate it -- mostly because it was fresh and distinct. I think they can still go this route without being so lazy about it. That's my main issue at this point. Even using a one word title again is kinda... :\

Agreed. The characters look exactly like the characters in Tangled :/ I'm sure that with CG the possibilities would be endless with character designs. I agree with you too about the one word titles. I think since it worked for Tangled so well, they're keeping with tradition. I know that they're careful with names now to make sure that it appeals to both young girls and young boys. Princess and the Frog was credited with underperforming because young boys stayed away from it because it had the word princess in the title. Tangled was originally going to be called Rapunzel, but Disney changed it and also chose to focus the story on Flynn just as much as Rapunzel to attract young boys as well. All about that money ahaha. I'm guessing this is the thing with Frozen..since the main characters are both females and it's based on the fairy tail The Snow Queen, Disney wants to make the name more uni-sex.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Up, Up and Away!