Photo

Why are ppl calling Shannon Williams a RACIST??

shannon williams teen kamilove

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 KamiLove

KamiLove

Love and Peace

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:38 AM (Edited by KamiLove, 03 April 2016 - 02:46 AM.)

...when she was just singing to Beyonce's Formation which has the lyrics:

'You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bama'

These global singers and other hip hop stars are to blame for spamming the N word in their own songs NOT the ppl singing it. Kids will pick up the language of those who r responsible for the content of the song.

Also Shannon is a teen babe so she's still just a child. Teens can be naughty and likes to have fun at her age so lets forgive Shannon Williams <3

tumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo1_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo3_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo2_250.png
tumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo4_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo5_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo6_250.png
tumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo9_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo7_250.pngtumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo8_250.png

Stay Strong Shannon!
YuBFfIV.gif

#2 Delphina

Delphina

Tits out for Harambe

• - Braggindor -
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:41 AM (Edited by Delphina, 03 April 2016 - 02:44 AM.)

What's wrong with saying negro ? It's an actual, non-slur, academic (although it has fallen in desuetude) word. :wth: :wth:

#3 Rohan Kishibe

Rohan Kishibe

Vixx OH PR Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:41 AM

I'll pray for you

tumblr_o51hvzBbtq1ubtcneo1_540.jpg

#4 UNNIE

UNNIE

StopBeingMessy(╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

• - Dramaquin -
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:42 AM (Edited by Fuck., 03 April 2016 - 02:42 AM.)

In all honesty, if you don't want words to be repeated when its in your song. It would be wise not to put such controversial words or meanings in the song.

#5 WHEELCHAIR JIMMY.

WHEELCHAIR JIMMY.

Scammer

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:42 AM

kami dont do this

you will gain hate

it is not worth it!

punches you!

#6 Messica

Messica

Global Superstar

• - Dramaquin -
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:43 AM

Wait as an aussie im i dont know too much about the cc.

Negro isnt the n word isnt it?
It just means black in spanish doesnt it. Like how caucasians are called white, i dont see how its racist.

Please correct me. I just thought negro was just archaic not offensive.

#7 pr0chicken007

pr0chicken007

Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

tumblr_o310vo9vIn1tw1yhpo8_250.png

#8 lixo

lixo

★彡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

:rolleyes:

#9 Youngjeezy

Youngjeezy

#EXITSQUAD

• - Delulupuff -
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:46 AM (Edited by Youngjeezy, 03 April 2016 - 02:47 AM.)

so this what ppl be talkin about... lets all be happy! and remove these types of slurs from music so mistakes and messes dont happen!

#10 hfdz

hfdz

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:47 AM

you will gain hate

#11 onieyez

onieyez

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:50 AM

well.. it's stupid to call her racist for such a thing

but anyways it reminds me of this

#12 HeehyunIsABully

HeehyunIsABully

Star

• - Braggindor -
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:56 AM

CfGiXNpUEAAh6KY.jpg:large

#13 ToujoursHyolyn

ToujoursHyolyn

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,764 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

Isn't she called racist for imitating a ghetto accent ?
negro is different from the n word .

#14 Pyo Hyemi

Pyo Hyemi

Star Empire & Snuper official promoter

• - Delulupuff -
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:01 AM

what does negro means

#15 UNNIE

UNNIE

StopBeingMessy(╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

• - Dramaquin -
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:03 AM (Edited by Fuck., 03 April 2016 - 03:16 AM.)

Isn't she called racist for imitating a ghetto accent ?
negro is different from the n word .

Since when does having a ghetto accent mean that you're racist? Unless you're implying that only black people or just one race can have ghetto accents?

#16 montchery

montchery

Superstar

• - Lurkercrawl -
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:11 AM

I agree. Dont include problematic words in songs if you dont want them to be used. Not everyone is aware of the cultural connotations that word may imply to some people. I am Spanish so to me negro literally meant a black person until yesterday when things blew up. If you dont want the word to be used because you consider it offensive then dont include it in your songs if you are an international star and know they will be heard in other parts of the world where people most likely dont know its possibly negative meaning. You cant expect everybody to know.

#17 kyungsoo305

kyungsoo305

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

In all honesty, if you don't want words to be repeated when its in your song. It would be wise not to put such controversial words or meanings in the song.

How are you going to tell a group of people not to say with a word? Black people should feel comfortable with using the word and taking it back and making it something else. Mexicans have a problem with the word beaners but if it's just Mexicans calling each other that they tend not to and even make fun of themselves but it's not ok for another race to do it. Like seriously, just stfu don't tell another race what they can and can't do with a slur directed at them. You seem salty that you can't use it.

#18 UNNIE

UNNIE

StopBeingMessy(╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

• - Dramaquin -
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:16 AM

How are you going to tell a group of people not to say with a word? Black people should feel comfortable with using the word and taking it back and making it something else. Mexicans have a problem with the word beaners but if it's just Mexicans calling each other that they tend not to and even make fun of themselves but it's not ok for another race to do it. Like seriously, just stfu don't tell another race what they can and can't do with a slur directed at them. You seem salty that you can't use it.

Well, it doesn't seem like such a smart thing to do seeing how when a 17 year old used it she gets dragged and gets told to kill herself on her IG.

But to each their own I guess.

#19 kyungsoo305

kyungsoo305

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

I agree. Dont include problematic words in songs if you dont want them to be used. Not everyone is aware of the cultural connotations that word may imply to some people. I am Spanish so to me negro literally meant a black person until yesterday when things blew up. If you dont want the word to be used because you consider it offensive then dont include it in your songs if you are an international star and know they will be heard in other parts of the world where people most likely dont know its possibly negative meaning. You cant expect everybody to know.

Honestly I hate when people say this. Who are you to tell a group of people who have been terrorized by a word that they can't take it back and use it for themselves? The logic is beyond me. Honestly in this situation I agree though, Shannon is English so she didn't live in America and didn't know the connotation of the word but I mean I'm still side eyeing her a bit. In America slaveowners often referred to slaves as negro/nigga/nigger so yes it is a big deal and if blame people want to use the word again and not want anyone who isn't black to use it I don't see a problem with it. People need to educate themselves. I hear Mexicans all around me calling themselves beaners. That was a slur used to Mexicans but guess what? They sometimes refer to themselves as that and it's not a problem. Some Asians do the same thing by calling themselves "chinks" and such but if someone who was non-Asian said so it would be a problem and I'm sure you would agree with this. So I'm just kind of puzzled that why is it when black people take back a slur and use it for themselves its bad but when other races do it it's okay?
I just can't with people.

#20 skcebl

skcebl

Superstar

• - Dramaquin -
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

I didn't find what she said racist, she's just repeating lyrics someone wrote for mass public consumption.

Up, Up and Away!