1055 replies to this topic

#1021 1xx2

1xx2

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Can we disable the rep function for the bashing thread? The first post says it's for venting frustration. But many people are not using it for that purpose. Let's not delve into whether a group deserves the bash or not but the people doing the bashing aren't even sincere about it. They just wanna fish upvotes by jumping on the latest hate bandwagon. Proof of this is the same bashers in the bashing thread will then go out and praise the very same group they bashed to get upvotes on both fronts.

Disabling the rep function in the bashing thread may decrease its usage but at least it's being used for its original purpose. 

#1022 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 26,271 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:29 AM (Edited by Haru, 28 December 2016 - 01:29 AM.)

Can there be an individual member section for Japanese music?

Groups like E-Girls and especially 48/46g are a "choose your girl" kind of group hence the large amount of members, lots follow members individually and the section could be very useful ;;

#1023 Kami

Kami

yo girls lesbian crush

• PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • Location( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆ walking down the street in my brand new car

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:19 AM (Edited by Kami, 28 December 2016 - 02:22 AM.)

Can you please include tags in the battlehunting section like "Sign-ups" "Event" and "Gameplay"

Also can you rename it Werewolf and other Large Scale games, because no one in the section has ever used the term battle/hunting and it is weird 

Also can you possibly make a way to close and open thread for the OPs in the forum game section?

Alot of games require users to stop posting after a certain time frame and it would be easier to do this manually than to report posts that aren't suppose to be there

#1024 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,407 posts
  • Location°☆彡.。.:*・°★.。.:*・ 桜の栞 .:* .。.:*・°☆彡.。.:*・°★.。.:*

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Can we disable the rep function for the bashing thread? The first post says it's for venting frustration. But many people are not using it for that purpose. Let's not delve into whether a group deserves the bash or not but the people doing the bashing aren't even sincere about it. They just wanna fish upvotes by jumping on the latest hate bandwagon. Proof of this is the same bashers in the bashing thread will then go out and praise the very same group they bashed to get upvotes on both fronts.

Disabling the rep function in the bashing thread may decrease its usage but at least it's being used for its original purpose. 

I totally agree with this. I believe mods should definitely disable the likes/dislikes in the Bashing Thread. There is a huge amount of people (some who even openly say it) who go there just write the same bash about the same groups over and over again, in order to get a high rep because they know that it works. not only this turns the thread into a specific group bashing thread more than a Kpop bashing thread, but it also makes the thread very repetitive and simply toxic. I'm pretty sure that if likes/dislikes are disabled there, we would see a big difference on the posts and people wouldn't write the same things again and again. it also kinda feels wrong to see some users in here who mostly just go in the Bashing Thread to fish for rep and they end up with a super high rep with barely any real post, when all they did is hating. They're abusing the rep system.

#1025 ♔mamichan♔

♔mamichan♔

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationNaTzu Goddess of Sky,,.. CosmicTwice ... WJSN's National Security.. ChengXiaoProtectionSquad ... The Guardian Of The 'Fish Queen' ...The Fish Club, ...

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

^ i support this suggestion ...

#1026 Azean♥

Azean♥

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

This suggestion is amazing. I hope it get's implemented.

#1027 Guguzaka46

Guguzaka46

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:00 AM (Edited by Guguzaka46, 28 December 2016 - 10:03 AM.)

Agreed 1000%

#1028 kpopisnotmylife

kpopisnotmylife

S i r i u s

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts
  • LocationGalaxy

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

Any kind of OH staff should be remunerated in some way, tbh. Why not introduce the "won" pay, where they get a certain amount of wons monthly/weekly, depending on the amount of work they do. I mean it's nothing much, but it adds a little incentive i guess! 

#1029 Nev Schulman

Nev Schulman

Real Slow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,141 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Disable emoticons on usernames, aka the thing that ruins the notification bar >_>

#1030 kirifuda

kirifuda

Idol

• PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationThe Joe

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Can we please have the NHL Thread pinned, and have the name changed to Official Hockey Thread?

There are too many hockey leagues to just limit it to the NHL.

http://onehallyu.com...d-hockeyisback/

#1031 Юлия

Юлия

Царица

• PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts
  • Locationspanking Taeyong because he's into that

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:51 PM (Edited by Юлия, 31 December 2016 - 03:51 PM.)

I was redirected from the ask a mod thread to make this a suggestion here

Just like we can choose our theme, I think there should be an option to choose the amount of posts we see per page instead of there just being a default 20 per page. That would really help a lot of people whose pages keep crashing.

#1032 clovercloudz

clovercloudz

• PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hi I made this thread yesterday:

http://onehallyu.com.../#entry18738533

Can you maybe add this to the users tutorial? I think it might be helpful since I see a lot of users complain about youtube vids.

#1033 Tiroriii~

Tiroriii~

Hat Teacher-holic ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • LocationWhat the hell is a shiny? I don't even like Owen

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:59 AM (Edited by Pineapple, 06 January 2017 - 01:39 AM.) yes

is this thread even read by someone? 

#1034 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 26,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Can the OP rules be changed depending on how active a thread is or not?

I mean we have threads which move so quickly per day / hour, and sometimes an active OP isn't there, thus people would want to take over, but they'd have to wait 2 months until the person hasn't checked in on OH. It's a bit too much. 

As for a smaller thread / pre-debut thread, 2 months would be okay because not many people visit it / don't look for an updated OP. 

#1035 Trinity

Trinity

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

OH is crashing rn. can you fix it very soon? A ww game was scheduled at 11 am est n no one can play cuz OH keeps crashing.

pls fix it, thanks!

#1036 Rimi

Rimi

🌸🌹★❤ʟ.ᴏ.ᴠ.ᴇ❤★🌹🌸

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,029 posts
  • Location✿♡Ddongi Couple's House✿Nam Joo Hyuk(Jung Joon Hyung)❤Lee Sung Kyung's(Kim Bok Joo) Dorm in Haneol Sports University/YG✿BaekYeon's Home/SM Ent✿Gong Yoo(Kim Shin)❤Kim Go Eun(Ji Eun Tak) Goblin Mansion✿⭐周子瑜⭐쯔위⭐Tzuyu's Home&Sosee Coffee Cafe in Tainan,Taiwan✿TaEun✿KPOP University Dorm✿KDramaland✿DeluluPuff's Golden Dorm✿STAN K.A.R.D✿

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

hope find a new server sponsor :( 

fix OH please

#1037 ninedaysqueen

ninedaysqueen

Doo Doom Chick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in canada

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

Does OH have someone actively using the official twitter, because if not someone should be doing that. 

OH goes down quite a bit and is running slower due to all the DDOS attacks. It would be really awesome if those things were put out onto the twitter so users can find out what's going on. Currently, there's really no incentive to even follow the twitter because it's not actively letting users know what's happening. There's some song and album reviews on there, but besides from the updates from when OH was down in December there are very few updates actually pertaining to site maintenance. Looking at the twitter now, it seems to be just a picking and choosing of random posts (usually reviews and song lyrics). Any updates to the site, including the raffle (which you included, yay!), badge updates, open staff applications, and new rules should be advertised on the twitter as well. 

I really hope that the twitter gets used more effectively in terms of communication with users and more for updates. 

Thanks! 

#1038 jennaayy

jennaayy

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

Can the mobile site for OH please be fixed? I can't post in any thread, can't even vote on polls within threads. Whenever I try to post something, I get a pop-up that says "This form is not secure. Are you sure you want to submit this?" and when I click OK, the page just reloads and my post doesn't get posted. 

#1039 Mogwai

Mogwai

Saved By Sunmisus

• Oh! Press
  • 10,900 posts
  • Locationhoneymoon with Jongdae

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Not sure if anyone has suggested it and I'm too lazy to check but it would be nice if the forum enables media auto-embedding. There's auto-embed for certain sites like Instagram and YouTube but you have to remove the www for instagram and use the full url for YouTube  afaik. It can be kind of a pain especially when you share a lot of content on the forum and you're pressed for time.  :rlytearpls:

Also, images hosted on sites like tistory etc that don't end with .jpg or .gif or .png etc always appear broken on OH. Reuploading on imgur can be such a headache when you're on mobile or when there are just a lot of pictures to be shared. 

I think that's all for now!

#1040 numbmind

numbmind

That Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:54 AM (Edited by Pineapple, 23 January 2017 - 08:51 PM.) User would need to make one first, give it some time to see it's usages/activity, and then request for a pin approval.

I think you guys should pin a thread that keeps track of known comebacks. This way it's easier to know who's coming back. I'm sure there's plenty of users who would be willing to update it. 

Up, Up and Away!