• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:03 PM (Edited by Deja-Vu, 09 January 2016 - 06:55 AM.)

2nvvt35.jpg

Short Biography

Son Ye-jin (born Son Eon-jin on January 11, 1982) is a South Korean actress. She rose to fame in romance-themed films and television series such as The Classic (2003), Summer Scent (2003), A Moment to Remember (2004), and April Snow (2005), but has won acting recognition for her versatility in diverse genres, notably in Alone in Love (2006) and My Wife Got Married (2008).

Career

Son Ye-jin has taken on a variety of roles in her career to date, propelling her to fame both in Korea and in other Asian countries. She first appeared in a supporting role in Park Ki-hyung's film Secret Tears in 2000, and then went on to take the lead in TV dramas such as Delicious Proposal, Sun-hee and Jin-hee, and Great Ambition. Her first high-profile role in cinema was in Im Kwon-taek's Chi-hwa-seon, which screened at Cannes and took home a Best Director award in 2002.

The biggest success of her early career was in the subsequent films Lovers' Concerto and The Classic. Both were solid mid-level hits in Korea, and The Classic in particular — being a work of My Sassy Girl director Kwak Jae-yong — received wide exposure in countries such as Hong Kong and China.

Son further solidified her status as a "hallyu" (Korean wave) star in 2003 by taking the lead in TV drama Summer Scent, a part of the hugely successful series of TV dramas including Autumn in My Heart and Winter Sonata (though this drama would not attract the attention of the previous two). Her next two films also proved to be huge hits in Asia: A Moment to Remember, based on a famous Japanese series, set box office records in Japan and sold over two million tickets in Korea, while April Snow in which she co-starred with superstar Bae Yong-joon was also a smash hit in Japan and China (though not, incidentally, in Korea).

Son then cast off her nice girl image in her more recent projects. She took on the roles of a con artist in The Art of Seduction, an ambitious reporter in Spotlight, a femme fatale in Open City, and a divorcée in the critically acclaimed series Alone in Love. In 2008, her portrayal of a polyandrous woman in My Wife Got Married bagged her Best Actress honors from the prestigious Blue Dragon Film Awards and other local award-giving bodies.

After filming the dark mystery White Night, Son wanted to do a more fun project, so she chose the romantic comedy series Personal Taste, followed by the horror-romantic comedy film Spellbound.

In 2012, Son starred in her first blockbuster The Tower, a remake of the 1974 Hollywood disaster film The Towering Inferno. She returned to television in 2013 in the revenge drama Shark (also known as Don't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus),then headlined Accomplice, a thriller about a daughter who suspects that her father was involved in a kidnap-murder case.

Son reunited with Shark costar Kim Nam-gil in the 2014 period adventure film The Pirates, for which she won Best Actress at the Grand Bell Awards. Another upcoming onscreen reunion will be with My Wife Got Married costar Kim Joo-hyuk in Home Sweet Home, a 2015 political thriller. Son next starred in the black comedy Bad Guys Always Die opposite Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin, a Chinese-Korean co-production that was filmed on Jeju Island. She has also been cast as Princess Deokhye in the biopic The Last Princess, to be helmed by April Snow director Hur Jin-ho.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Son_Ye-jin

Filmography:

2016 The Last Princess

2015 Home Sweet Home

2015 The Bad Guy Must Die

2014 The Pirates

2013 Blood and Ties 
2013 Shark
2012 The Tower
2011 Chilling Romance
2010 Personal Taste
2009 Into the White Night
2008 My Wife Got Married
2008 Open City
2007 Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox
2006 Alone in Love

2005 Art of Seduction
2005 April Snow
2004 A Moment to Remember
2003 Yeoleum hyangki
2003 Crazy First Love
2003 The Classic

2002 Lover's Concerto
2002 Painted Fire
2000 Secret Tears

Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1162030/

Instagram:

https://instagram.com/yejinhand/

Official facebook:

https://www.facebook...fficialSonYejin

Unofficial facebook fan page with recent updates:

https://www.facebook...005986840

#2 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, I just watched "Chilling Romance" and wanted to post some praising words in her thread, but there was none :omg: My favorite movie will be "A Moment to Remember". I'd say that Yejin is amazingly beautiful and talented actress :stare:

#3 Tzuyoncé

Tzuyoncé

Tzuyu is main vocal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:10 PM (Edited by ㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ, 12 April 2014 - 08:15 AM.)

queen son ye jin ftww

#4 BubbleGumPop

BubbleGumPop

( ˘ ³˘)♥

• - Dramaquin -
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

queen

#5 ImJustASlyFox

ImJustASlyFox

Maisha ♥ Mees Mad forever and ever

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts
  • LocationKawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

She's so pretty and such a great actresses

I loved the Classic

#6 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Oh yes she is :lub:

2qnbpzo.jpgnf4dnp.jpg

2h2ehpk.jpg2cxdan9.jpg

968full-ye--jin-son.jpg

#7 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

So, she is filming in a new movie "Pirates". :smile:

35626-208245.jpg

A media session was held recently at the set of upcoming South Korean movie ‘Pirates’ in Namyangju of Gyeonggi Province.

When asked to reveal her most difficult filming scene thus far, Son Ye Jin said, “All the cast and staff members are working in extremely cold conditions. With the winter season coupled with underwater scenes, the weather conditions for filming aren’t really the best. With the negative temperatures, I was so cold while filming the underwater scenes that I wanted to scold someone.”

As for the reason for choosing this movie, Son Ye Jin said, “This will be my first action production, and I was pretty apprehensive previously about taking such movies. But I felt that it would be a real pity to let this slip by me, so I decided to take the challenge for this time.”

When asked to talk about the merits of the movie, Son Ye Jin replied, “The costumes and images are pretty similar in scale to ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’, and we have added Korean elements to it. It is a period movie that has pirates added to it, and it’s a whole new Korean movie genre. It can be considered to be a new genre, and will be a reference point for future Korean movies.”

‘Pirates’ is set in the Joseon Dynasty period, where mountain bandits led by Jang Sa Jung (Kim Nam Gil) team up with pirates led by Yeo Wol (Son Ye Jin), to capture a grey whale that has swallowed a royal stamp.

The movie is directed by Lee Suk Hoon who previously did ‘Dancing Queen’, and is known for his excellent directing and box office successes. The movie also sees the reunion of Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin who had worked on the drama ‘Don't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus’ earlier this year, and their reunion has already led to much anticipation for the movie prior to its airing.

Besides Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin, the movie also features Lee Kyoung Young, Park Chul Min, Yu Hae Jin, Kim Tae Woo, f(x)’s Sulli, and many others. The movie is scheduled for release in the first half of 2014.

By: Lee Geun Il

[email protected]

http://sg.entertainm...-071700063.html

#8 YuukoDW

YuukoDW

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Locationsomewhere...over the rainbow..

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

One of my favourite :) I loved her in Moment to remember, laughed so much in Chilling romance, cried with her in Summer scent and she even had a bed scene with Lee Min Ho in Personal taste :) and was quite hot in Art of seduction. She is really a great actress, i even had a Son Ye Jin week, watching only movies with her :) Wanted to watch Shark but i can't seem to find the right time. She is so young and still has so many great movies behind her. 

#9 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:51 AM (Edited by Deja-Vu, 08 June 2014 - 08:52 AM.)

Some update:

"Pirates," the swashbuckling action film starring Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil, made such a good impression at the Cannes Film Festival that it will now be shown in at least 15 countries around the world. (http://www.kpopstarz...5-countries.htm)

+  Yejin for Traveller's magazine (http://www.kpopstarz...bul-getaway.htm)

Goddess :ahmagah:

son-ye-jin.jpg?w=600

son-ye-jin.jpg?w=600

#10 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Didn't know that Yejin went cheering for Korea. I need to watch this episode :shock:

To wish the success of Korean national soccer team at Brazil World Cup, entertainment program \'Infinite Challenge\' has been working on a long-term cheer-leading project. The all members of \'Infinite Challenge,\' of course, participated in the cheer-leading team, but there were also some top stars such as Son Ye Jin, Jung Il Woo and B1A4B\'s Baro. (https://ph.celebrity...-023010630.html)

#11 Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

Didn't know that Yejin went cheering for Korea. I need to watch this episode :shock:

To wish the success of Korean national soccer team at Brazil World Cup, entertainment program \'Infinite Challenge\' has been working on a long-term cheer-leading project. The all members of \'Infinite Challenge,\' of course, participated in the cheer-leading team, but there were also some top stars such as Son Ye Jin, Jung Il Woo and B1A4B\'s Baro. (https://ph.celebrity...-023010630.html)

^lol yeah I was surprised too

I literally just watched the sub/raw versions, and she was just fun and adorable in it~ should definitely appear on variety more often :lol:

#12 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

^lol yeah I was surprised too

I literally just watched the sub/raw versions, and she was just fun and adorable in it~ should definitely appear on variety more often :lol:

I don't know why she is not participating in varieties actually.  :unsure:  She did great on RM. :rlytearpls: I hope we will see her more often

#13 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Ugh, I just can't wait for Yejin's "Pirates" drama!

fx-Sulli_1386812892_af_org.jpg

#14 Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

Ugh, I just can't wait for Yejin's "Pirates" drama!

http://www.allkpop.c...2892_af_org.jpg

Its actually a movie lol

But yeah she really does look amazing, can't wait to see her kick ass in it :ahmagah:

wvaq60t.jpg

#15 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Its actually a movie lol

But yeah she really does look amazing, can't wait to see her kick ass in it :ahmagah:

http://i.imgur.com/wvaq60t.jpg...

A movie? My bad :derp: I was so sure that it's a drama actually. And was waiting for many episodes of pirate Yejin :cry: Though I would be waiting for a movie as much :ahmagah:

#16 Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Տкყℓ⍺ ℛℴsℯ

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

A movie? My bad :derp: I was so sure that it's a drama actually. And was waiting for many episodes of pirate Yejin :cry: Though I would be waiting for a movie as much :ahmagah:

I feel you =( An action-comedy period pirate drama with her as the lead would look soo good :rlytearpls: 

But a movie works just as well :lol:

#17 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

I feel you =( An action-comedy period pirate drama with her as the lead would look soo good :rlytearpls:

But a movie works just as well :lol:

Who knows maybe we will have a drama in the future too :hurr:

#18 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

Yejini on some press-conference. Looking great as always :ilove:

10524737_786538324730668_57439515680093910462741_786539191397248_338261171670834

10464334_786539988063835_482203527092774

1551618_786539914730509_6622124885011097

10513489_786539684730532_590210810651440

10513524_786539471397220_803919945469990

Other photos on her unofficial facebook page (https://www.facebook...005986840)

#19 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

✩ WooHee Addict ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationLand of Idols

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:29 AM (Edited by Deja-Vu, 25 August 2014 - 03:30 AM.)

Oh, I didn't know it's out already :derp:

“Pirates” Starring Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin Puts the Brake on “Roaring Currents” Winning Streak

The 25-day number one streak of “Roaring Currents” has finally ended with the victory of the new film “Pirates.”

The box office records as of August 23 revealed that on August 22, “Pirates” gathered a total of 182,481 viewers, taking the number one spot. The cumulative number for the film is recorded at 5,159,231 views so far.

On the other hand, “Roaring Currents” has already put down a series of one record after the other. It had never lost the number one spot to another film in the 25 days since its release on July 30.

This victory by “Pirates” is a surprising one, as many have predicted this to be the least successful out of the four that had been anticipated before their releases: “Kundo” (starring Ha Jung Woo and Kang Dong Won), “Roaring Currents” (starring Choi Min Shik, Ryu Seung Ryong, and Jo Jin Woong), “Sea Fog” (starring Kim Yoon Seok and Park Yoochun), and “Pirates” (starring Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin). But as good reviews spread among viewers, they got their chance to surpass the records of “Roaring Currents.”

Released two weeks after “Roaring Currents,” “Pirates” maintained a viewership difference of approximately 200,000 behind “Roaring Currents” as of last week. Entering into its third week after release, “Pirates” narrowed the difference to 67,712 on August 18 (Monday), to 48,938 on August 19 (Tuesday), 20,617 on August 20 (Wednesday), and finally around 10,000 on August 21 (Thursday), before finally surpassing “Roaring Currents” on Friday, August 22.

The same day, “Roaring Currents” recorded 165,671 viewers (cumulative total of 15,620,124) and took the number two spot on box office charts. “Sea Fog” recorded 44,332 and placed third.

Meanwhile, “Pirates” also stars Yoo Hae Jin, Oh Dal Su, Kim Tae Woo, Park Chul Min, Jo Dal Hwan, and f(x)’s Sulli, among others.

2014.08.23_pirates-vs-roaring-currents1.

Cr: http://www.soompi.co...winning-streak/

#20 eggy

eggy

bubblegum♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  • LocationK-Drama Land

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

I want another drama with Song Ye Jin and Song Seung Heon as a couple please  :smile:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: son yejin

Up, Up and Away!