Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

seohyun singing in perfect english appreciation

seohyun

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 milkywaysoldier

milkywaysoldier

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:32 PM (Edited by milkywaysoldier, 27 September 2013 - 05:35 PM.)

it's not even her native language yet there's hardly an accent, ever since debut

also the fact that her voice sounds a hundred times better in english. why? because she doesn't have do the aegyo vomit noises they make her do in snsd. her natural voice is so smooth, elegant, and deep...

what songs would you want her to cover?

i think she would kill this:

#2 Vixen

Vixen

Krystal's Legal Wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:37 PM (Edited by Vixen, 27 September 2013 - 05:43 PM.)

Actually all SNSD members have good diction when singing in English.

Spoiler

#3 Rio224

Rio224

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:38 PM (Edited by Rio224, 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM.)

Seohyun your the best <3.

I wanna hear seohyun sing miranda cosgrove's kissing you <3
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=_8dJFzFPzQA

#4 milkywaysoldier

milkywaysoldier

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:47 PM (Edited by milkywaysoldier, 27 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.)

Actually all SNSD members have good diction when singing in English.

all of them fine in the studio, but aside from taeyeon and maybe sooyoung (of the non-native speakers) most of them are pretty wonky live

overall i think seohyun has had a great long, consistent, and underrated grasp in live english. it sounds more natural than her korean singing sometimes. i'd have no idea it's not her first language.

#5 VT Evil Queen

VT Evil Queen

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:49 PM (Edited by JiYul, 27 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.)

.....You had me, but then you said deep..her voice is not deep. Also, that is her natural voice when she sings in Korean...they do make her do 'aegyo vomit noise'. She's a Soprano they ALL have very light and girly sounding voice.

#6 Vixen

Vixen

Krystal's Legal Wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

all of them sound good in the studio, but aside from taeyeon and maybe sooyoung (of the non-native speakers) most of them are pretty wonky live

overall i think seohyun has had a great long and consistent grasp in live english 

Well SNSD don't really have much live performances of English songs so we couldn't really tell. Seohyun (and maybe Sooyoung) have the upper hand because those two are the better English speakers out of all the non-native speakers.

#7 Holke

Holke

너 진짜 씹덕터져

• Oh! Press
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Wow.

#8 VT Evil Queen

VT Evil Queen

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

all of them fine good in the studio, but aside from taeyeon and maybe sooyoung (of the non-native speakers) most of them are pretty wonky live

overall i think seohyun has had a great long, consistent, and underrated grasp in live english. it sounds more natural than her korean singing sometimes.

None of them are particularly bad when it comes to singing English live, maybe Yuri..but the others are alright. They all have a pretty good idea.

#9 milkywaysoldier

milkywaysoldier

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:11 PM (Edited by milkywaysoldier, 27 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.)

.....You had me, but then you said deep..her voice is not deep. Also, that is her natural voice when she sings in Korean...they do make her do 'aegyo vomit noise'. She's a Soprano they ALL have very light and girly sounding voice.

very few of their korean songs have her sing in voice that isn't unnaturally nasally or girly for her. i can think of run devil run, the boys, promise, and some tts songs being the few exceptions. gee, oh, i got a boy are not what she actually sounds like.

if you watch the video i posted, most of it is live and most of her english lives are in a deeper voice by comparison.

if not "deep" isn't the technical term then definitely "mature". 

*edit

like in this:

#10 VT Evil Queen

VT Evil Queen

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

very few of their korean songs have her sing in voice that isn't unnaturally nasally or girly for her. i can think of run devil run, the boys, promise being a few exceptions. 

if you watch the video i posted, most of it is live and most of her english lives are in a deeper voice by comparison

SeoHyun's voice is normally nasal, she doesn't lift her soft palate often, her tone just mask it.

tbqh, this song is a true representation of SNSD REALLY sounds like

This and other songs like My J, Telepathy etc actually show of their true vocal colors which are: Bright,Warm,Girly, etc.

But, to be on topic..SeoHyun In English>>>>Korean, she sounds classier.

#11 minques

minques

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:37 PM (Edited by thepiemaker, 27 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.)

I looooooove her English covers, especially when she does musical-type songs. Her voice has a very classic touch that suits those. Stuff Like That There is forever my favorite.

I want her to cover these

#12 affxtionate144

affxtionate144

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I love when idols sing in English, but Seohyun is particularly good at it. I think she's a lot smarter than people realize and she takes pride in being able to overcome barriers like that.

#13 zee89

zee89

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 PM (Edited by zee89, 27 September 2013 - 09:10 PM.)

she has a good accent. sort of reminds me of shinee's onew. neither are fluent but they sound fluent when they sing in English.

#14 i only stan queens

i only stan queens

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

my favorite:

she made a few mistakes but overall the performance was perfect, her voice, her expressions... 

#15 mictlantecuhtli

mictlantecuhtli

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

same,for me she sounds better in english too. deeper@more mature

i hate idols singing with konglish,so i really love seohyun and taeyeon eng covers 

#16 GuardianAngel_of

GuardianAngel_of

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

This is one of my favorites :

I agree. I think Seohyun could cover Cascadas song perfectly.

#17 SabrinaFairchild

SabrinaFairchild

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:19 PM (Edited by SabrinaFairchild, 28 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.)

it's not even her native language yet there's hardly an accent, ever since debut

also the fact that her voice sounds a hundred times better in english. why? because she doesn't have do the aegyo vomit noises they make her do in snsd. her natural voice is so smooth, elegant, and deep...

You speak the truth, Seohyun sounds amazing when she sings in english, you can really appreciate her tone and color of her voice... Sometimes in their korean releases I think she goes a little more unnoticed or her voice sounds like a mix of Jessica's and Taeyeon's.

#18 AnthonyKkoKko

AnthonyKkoKko

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Sometimes in their korean releases I think she goes a little more unnoticed or her voice sounds like a mix of Jessica's and Taeyeon's.

Yes! I agree!

I think its because ever since SNSD was finalized, Taeyeon and Jessica, being the 2 oldest in SNSD and also the main vocalists, really influenced Seohyun's singing style.

Up, Up and Away!