New System of Tokens/Prizes for Events

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#1 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

New Token System

The token system has been revamped! Rather than having symbolic tokens, you will now have physical representations of each token you receive. The tokens will be represented by 4 different coins: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each time you are given a token, the number of tokens you possess will increase in your portfolio. Similar to the current won system, you can trade in these coins to purchase items and the amount of tokens you have will be manually decreased.  Below I have included a detailed explanation of how the new system works and conversion details for those of you who will need your current tokens converted to the new system.

*Look at my side profile items to see exactly how tokens will appear when awarded. They will show up only once on your side profile, and every other token awarded thereafter, will decrease in number in your OHconomy Portfolio*

Coin Conversion Chart

Platinum Tokens

Platinum tokens are rare/special, and will only be used as prizes during large scale events (Holiday themed events, anniversaries, and etc.) These tokens can only be used to purchase from the exclusive items section of the marketplace. Exclusive Items

• Example: 10 platinum coins will allow you to buy an OHLA or OHBI Badge

Spoiler

Regular Tokens

The Gold, Silver, and Bronze tokens are considered regular tokens, because they can be given out as prizes for both smaller and large scale events. These tokens have a won equivalent, and can be used to purchase regular items in the marketplace. They cannot be used to purchase Platinum coins and/or exclusive items; however, they can be gifted to other users in the same way you would send won or marketplace items. 

Gold tokens: Worth 10k won each.

• Example: 2 gold tokens = 20k won

Spoiler

Silver tokens: Worth 5k won each.

• Example: 3 silver tokens = 15k won

Spoiler

Bronze tokens: Worth 1k won each.

• Example: 4 bronze tokens = 4k won

Spoiler

Using Tokens to Purchase Marketplace Items

Since each token is worth an amount of won, they can be used to trade for purchasable items. For example: If an item is worth 20,000 won you will be able to trade in 2 gold coins or 4 silver coins to make the purchase. Whenever you want to trade your tokens in for items, please PM both the coordinator and XIA Fan 

Keep in mind that the platinum coins can only be used to purchase exclusive marketplace items.

Conversion from old system to new system

• Unlocked Tokens:

1. The unlocked tokens will be counted as 1k each.

• If someone has 200 unlocked tokens they will be worth 200k.

• 200k from the unlocked tokens will be replaced by 20 gold coins.

• Locked Tokens:

1. For every 10 locked tokens, the users will get 1 platinum token.

• For example: 20 locked tokens = 2 platinum tokens.

2.   The remainder after 10 locked tokens will be given in 1k increments.

• For example: 22 locked tokens would equal 2 platinum tokens and 2k (2 Bronze tokens).

What if you have less than 10 locked tokens?

If you have less than 10 locked tokens, then your tokens will be converted via a rounded scale.

• If you have 5+ locked tokens, you will be give 1 Platinum coin

• If you have 4 or less locked tokens, you will be given 1k (1 bronze token) for each of the locked token.

*Click here to view the spreadsheet with the new conversions*

Physical Items

They are now optional!

#2 NORIKIYO

NORIKIYO

Rap God

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:42 PM (Edited by NORIKIYO, 02 August 2015 - 09:45 PM.)

so, to start it off let's give NORIKIYO a platinum token  :imstupid:

#3 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationSeibu's Church

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

:ohpressor:  :ohla:  :ohbi:

#4 Tee

Tee

#OHlluminati

• Events Team
  • 21,201 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

:ohbi: :ohla: :ohpressor:

#5 Souloist

Souloist

⌜♡⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Locationdon't do drugs, do hugs #squadshit

Awesome :ohbi:   :ohla:  :ohpressor:

#6 le youth

le youth

$$$

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Locationall the way up

no more exchanging tokens for unique awards??? tf

fight me  :ohpressor:

#7 수리수리

수리수리

FREE SUHO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
  • Locationplanning out suho's future EGOT win

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

i am....extremely confused. i don't even know where to begin rn. i wish you guys wouldn't change the system so often

#8 Jessicant

Jessicant

The classiest lady on OneHallyu

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationKensington Palace

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

i am....extremely confused. i don't even know where to begin rn. i wish you guys wouldn't change the system so often

Tbh. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plus, why did you get rid of Token Black Market thread?

#9 ring

ring

Lurker

• PipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

So unlocked tokens basically become useless...? kind of glad I didn't actively try to buy them. 

#10 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationSeibu's Church

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

no more exchanging tokens for unique awards??? tf

fight me  :ohpressor:

Unique awards should've really only been given out during special events. Giving many out during exchanges like this wouldn't make it 'unique' any more. 

#11 수리수리

수리수리

FREE SUHO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

Tbh. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plus, why did you get rid of Token Black Market thread?

wait the thread was deleted?????????? what????????????

#12 Jcey

Jcey

Onehallyu's First Love

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationIn La La Land

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

How to get tokens? Can it be only won through games?

#13 《Sassy》

《Sassy》

🔱Jay Park's Wifey🔱

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Welp :derp: I just wanna be on the Events team and here is a good place with expression my enthusiasm for this Job

But am I the only one who likes the new badge system :stare:

#14 Jessicant

Jessicant

The classiest lady on OneHallyu

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationKensington Palace

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

wait the thread was deleted?????????? what????????????

Yes, it was. I tried to go on it to try to see if it clarify any of this stuff, but it's gone!

#15 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

So unlocked tokens basically become useless...? kind of glad I didn't actively try to buy them.

Not at all. You all now have the option of using the unlocked tokens to purchase marketplace items instead of using your won.

#16 Yen

Yen

👑 Pastel Princess 👑

• Awards Team
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

Too bad i sold all of my tokens :cry: When is the next prOH!file contest? That's the only event i actively participate to ;A;

#17 수리수리

수리수리

FREE SUHO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:57 PM (Edited by 수리수리, 02 August 2015 - 09:58 PM.)

Unique awards should've really only been given out during special events. Giving many out during exchanges like this wouldn't make it 'unique' any more. 

i don't think it's entirely fair to revamp the system and get rid of unique badges (purchasable by tokens) out of nowhere when many of us, myself included, have spent a lot.....a /lot/....of time on here saving up for uniques...the only reason i have so many tokens is because i've been saving for a unique for over a year. i'm not interested in anything else so what am i supposed to do with these tokens??? i can't even sell them to other users anymore....

#18 《Sassy》

《Sassy》

🔱Jay Park's Wifey🔱

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:58 PM (Edited by GoldenDivas, 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM.)

I think its because it was difficult for the events team to keep up with every single users Token list now with this it's more simplified and easier for the Events team and Users to access but I could be wrong tho

#19 《Sassy》

《Sassy》

🔱Jay Park's Wifey🔱

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

I think its because it was difficult for the events team to keep up with every single users Token list now with this it's more simplified and easier for the Events team and Users to access but I could be wrong tho

i don't think it's entirely fair to revamp the system and get rid of unique badges (purchasable by tokens) out of nowhere when many of us, myself included, have spent a lot.....a /lot/....of time on here saving up for uniques...the only reason i have so many tokens is because i've been saving for a unique for over a year. i'm not interested in anything else so what am i supposed to do with these tokens??? i can't even sell them to other users anymore....

#20 le youth

le youth

$$$

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Locationall the way up

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

ibxrjLnWtCqUbx.gif

Up, Up and Away!