Events Coordinator Applications

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

EventsApplicationBanner.png

OneHallyu Events Coordinator Recruitment

Good luck to everyone that applies, and I look forward to reading all of your applications. 

Responsibilities

As the Events Coordinator, you are responsible planning, organizing and overseeing the execution of all events (both small and large). In order to be successful at this you are expected to take on a leadership role. The events team look to their coordinator for direction on all things events related, so keep in mind that we are looking for an individual that possesses the necessary skills to lead the events accordingly. 

Requirements

• All applicants must have the time, communication skills, and motivation necessary to effectively lead the events team.
  • All applicants must have proficient time management skills 
  • All applicants must be organized
  • If chosen applicant must behave in appropriate and professional manner (especially when communicating with users)

Brief Summary of Duties as Coordinator:

• Collaborating with events team to decide dates of both small and large events

• Updating Events calendar

• Making necessary forum/Twitter announcements to promote upcoming events

• Collaborating with events team to decide who will host each individual event

• Answering user questions regarding events (rules, guidelines, prizes, and etc)

• Collaborating with events team to decide prizes/amount of tokens given out for events

Application Form:

Username:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Do you have any leadership experience? If so, please elaborate:

What are your strengths?:

What are your weaknesses?:

Describe your idea of leadership and detail how you will use that idea as Events Coordinator:

Describe 1 game or event you'd like to create/organize: 

If not chosen as coordinator, would you be interested in joining as a regular events team member?:

If you are interested in applying for the position of OneHallyu's Events Coordinator, please PM your application to XIA Fan with the title Events Coordinator Application by 08/10/2015

#2 RookieStalker

RookieStalker

Member of MAMAMOO's PR Team

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationIn MAMAMOO's PR Room

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Good Luck to everyone applying 

#3 Jcey

Jcey

Onehallyu's First Love

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • LocationIn La La Land

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

If I apply,I think I will be chosen but then I can't make fun of Fellow OH users and get into petty arguments :rlytearpls:

Goodluck to anyone who's applying tho :)

#4 HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

Kris's thot

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationIn the galaxy waiting for a Dean & Gray collab

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

Good luck to everyone. You've got big shoes to fill after mes

My talents are better suited for Head Moderator though..

#5 mes

mes

Pokémon Master, #TeamPinky

• Hall OH Fame
  • 2,511 posts
  • LocationCanaderp

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

Time to apply.

#6 NORIKIYO

NORIKIYO

Rap God

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

I have a few questions if that's alright with you?

• How would we be making the Forum/Twitter announcements?
  • How would we be collaborating with the events team to decide dates of both small and large events?

• How would we update the Events Calender?

• Are we expected to be on everyday of the week?

• If we lead, would that give us the right to make certified changes for the betterment of the Events?

Thank you, and good luck to everyone applying!  :ohbi:

#7 Tee

Tee

#OHlluminati

• Events Team
  • 21,555 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

Time to apply.

You.....

Ugh!! OTL

#8 mes

mes

• Hall OH Fame
  • 2,511 posts
  • LocationCanaderp

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

• How would we be collaborating with the events team to decide dates of both small and large events?

• If we lead, would that give us the right to make certified changes for the betterment of the Events?

Thank you, and good luck to everyone applying!   :ohbi:

I'll answer this (hurhur)

You will get access to the Twitter account, and the ability to add news to the newsbox at the top of the forum.

You talk to the team members.

Calendar doesn't really have a use (still)

Technically no, it's better if you are incase of any questions a team member may have, or to process item requests from people who have enough tokens or whatever the new way of redeeming prizes is.

Of course.

#9 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

Good luck to everyone. You've got big shoes to fill after mes

My talents are better suited for Head Moderator though..

Lol. Are they now? 

Thank you, and good luck to everyone applying!  :ohbi:

• You would be given the information to login to the OH games Twitter to promote events and games.
  • In short, communication. You have discussions with the team about events to host and the date/times. 
  • As for the calendar, that would be something you would be shown if you are picked.
  • You are expected to be on a reasonable amount of time. I cannot give you an exact number, but you will have to be fairly active.
  • You can make changes within reason. There would be a discussion between you, the team, and myself. However, you would facilitate that discussion and definitely have a say.  

#10 mes

mes

• Hall OH Fame
  • 2,511 posts
  • LocationCanaderp

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Lol. Are they now? 

• You would be given the information to login to the OH games Twitter to promote events and games.
  • In short, communication. You have discussions with the team about events to host and the date/times. 
  • As for the calendar, that would be something you would be shown if you are picked.
  • You are expected to be on a reasonable amount of time. I cannot give you an exact number, but you will have to be fairly active.
  • You can make changes within reason. There would be a discussion between you, the team, and myself. However, you would facilitate that discussion and definitely have a say.  

Hah. I beat you.

I win. Reinstate me pls.

#11 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

Hah. I beat you.

I win. Reinstate me pls.

Apply and let's see what happens.  :chu:

#12 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 13,343 posts
  • LocationSeibu's Church

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

Goodluck everyone

#13 Souloist

Souloist

⌜♡⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Locationdon't do drugs, do hugs #squadshit

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

Good luck to those applying!

#14 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationSkiing with Her Hyoliness

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:20 PM (Edited by Ogre Shrek, 27 July 2015 - 10:24 PM.)

Shouldn't you guys do an internal promotion from amongst those that are already in the events team, and recruit a new events team member instead? That way, whoever gets the gig would already be familiar with the internal dynamics of the events team and with what the job entails.

Or are none of them able to take on the added responsibility due to time constraints?

In any case, good luck to those applying.

#15 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Oh! Press
  • 9,240 posts
  • Location꽃길

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:24 PM

You.....

Ugh!! OTL

Goodluck everyone

Please don't apply or either one of you will be busy and couldn't make it for Running Man

#16 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

Shouldn't you guys do an internal promotion from amongst those that are already in the events team, and recruit a new events team member instead? That way, whoever gets the gig would already be familiar with the internal dynamics of the events team and with what the job entails.

Or are none of them able to take on the added responsibility due to time constraints?

In any case, good luck to those applying.

They are allowed to apply if they choose to. I am looking for the best person for the job, and if one of the current members is that person, then I have no problem with promoting that individual. That's how it works will real life jobs too. 

#17 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationSkiing with Her Hyoliness

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

They are allowed to apply if they choose to. I am looking for the best person for the job, and if one of the current members is that person, then I have no problem with promoting that individual. That's how it works will real life jobs too.

That wasn't how it worked when it came to choosing the head moderator though :hurr:

#18 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 13,343 posts
  • LocationSeibu's Church

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

Please don't apply or either one of you will be busy and couldn't make it for Running Man

:lol:  Idk if I will or not. I need to work on college applications and I'm taking more harder classes for my last year in high school. Trying to imagine myself balancing confusing school work and this.  :imstupid:

#19 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

That wasn't how it worked when it came to choosing the head moderator though :hurr:

The head moderator also didn't leave the staff. She was promoted. I didn't just take the position after she was promoted either. I proved myself. Sooooooooooooooooo.. My point still stands.  :chu:

#20 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Oh! Press
  • 9,240 posts
  • Location꽃길

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

:lol:  Idk if I will or not. I need to work on college applications and I'm taking more harder classes for my last year in high school. Trying to imagine myself balancing confusing school work and this.  :imstupid:

lol true, events coordinator is one hell of a crazy job. Though on top of my head, there's no one else more qualified other than you two

Btw good luck with your college applications, you will enter a world you don't even want to know about and it took away a year and half of my forum life

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement

Up, Up and Away!