Photo

Digital Sajaegi case Cube and FNC joins Big 3 + SE + Updated with Cube's CEO Hong Seung Song statement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#61 ApinkPandaOfApink

ApinkPandaOfApink

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

LOL nope.

The Big 3 are publicly traded companies. Everyone can easily point out what is happening to the company every single time just by looking at their stock exchange. Why would they do something as low and illegal as digital manipulation when that could result to major financial losses in their respective companies?

One more thing is that, they are ones that are spearheading this case. Why would they organize something like this if they had also done it?

then why would other companies do?

well,CUBE is doing the same thing,but people still suspect them

if CUBE is supporting this,then people suspecting them would investigate the big 3 too since they are now in the same boat....

#62 Totoro

Totoro

Meth is my bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Why won't starship join?

#63 ♔ king jackson wang ♔

♔ king jackson wang ♔

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

plot thickens: brave brothers joins in the fight against chart manipulations

b0KqQXr.jpg

#64 Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:47 AM (Edited by Fried Chicken, 07 August 2013 - 06:49 AM.)

So they are targeting nugu companies...

Brave Bros better hide

Seriously gonna lol if they'll target Starship, is Sistar that big of a threat to all of them #TeamSistar 

#65 farah

farah

Burning Soul

• Donor
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:48 AM (Edited by twinkystar, 07 August 2013 - 06:52 AM.)

I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the companies saying they are against this digital sajaegi are guilty of doing it themselves.

Especially with FNC I wouldn't be surprised if they did it, they were already caught buying back cnblue's (physical) albums earlier this year so who is to say they didn't do it digitally also.

urm no, FNC is already cleared of speculations of back buying cnblue's reblue album, their physical sales were proven normal

some people spread the rumor in one korean forum without prove

#66 zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Why won't starship join?

would you kindly believe that they are innocent if they did join?

#67 Vixen

Vixen

Krystal's Legal Wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:12 AM (Edited by Vixen, 07 August 2013 - 07:21 AM.)

then why would other companies do?

well,CUBE is doing the same thing,but people still suspect them
if CUBE is supporting this,then people suspecting them would investigate the big 3 too since they are now in the same boat....

Because like I said the Big 3 are publicly traded companies wherein everyone will be able to see their every single loss and gain, unlike others. Apart from SM-YG-JYP, how many other entertainment companies are publicly traded?

Also where did you get the idea that the Big 3 wouldn't be investigated? Obviously everyone will be included.

Anyways the point is that, there is still a difference between spearheading/organizing than just joining just for the hell of it. Although more and more companies will probably join later on, this investigation wouldn't have made possible if not because of the Big 3 filing a lawsuit against these so-called cheaters.

#68 Shithead

Shithead

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:19 AM (Edited by Shithead, 07 August 2013 - 07:20 AM.)

Cube, Brave Brothers, Teen Top's company and DSP (just once) has a history of album sajaegi, which is much more obvious than digital sajaegi. It wouldn't be very surprising if they just jumped ship to digital since it's easier to mask (even though sometimes it's really obvious as well if they go overboard).

#69 MistressNicey_Jester요버 유닉

MistressNicey_Jester요버 유닉

♡ ♡ YONG JUNHYUNG'S ETERNAL SOULMATE ♡ ♡

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,968 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

by the time the search warrants are issued... those suspected companies might have cleaned up their tracks... = dismissal of complaint...

#70 Shithead

Shithead

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:36 AM (Edited by Shithead, 07 August 2013 - 07:45 AM.)

Funnily enough, the companies with weird Youtube trends are also the companies that used to do album sajaegi.

Overall views by day:

Beast is the red line. The light blue line you can barely see is Rainbow.

RHDvQ5N.jpg

Daily views:

Beast is the purple line with an x. Rainbow is the yellow line.

1sV4QIV.jpg

No1zoIv.jpg

It was always so obvious, but no one bothered to do anything forever.

#71 Dorky

Dorky

~♔~ D♥rk ~♔~

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Wow this case is just getting more and more interesting

Jaejoong_popcorn.gif

Hmm.... which companies are actually involved in it...... the truth would soon come to light~

#72 abraa

abraa

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Funnily enough, the companies with weird Youtube trends are also the companies that used to do album sajaegi.

Overall views by day:

http://i.imgur.com/RHDvQ5N.jpg...

Daily views:

http://i.imgur.com/1sV4QIV.jpg...

Beast :wth:

Did they really think 1,6m views would go unnoticed?

And 600 000 for a nugu group like Rainbow? And then such a sudden drop...

#73 ⊿ maiyanism

⊿ maiyanism

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

I am beyond confused now lol
Whatever, I'll wait for more info. My bets are still on Starship tbh. That DSP evidence is looking a little shady too...

#74 DragonFury

DragonFury

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Overall views by day:

http://i.imgur.com/RHDvQ5N.jpg...

Daily views:

http://i.imgur.com/1sV4QIV.jpg...

http://i.imgur.com/No1zoIv.jpg...

Interesting graphs. Also nice to see that the 2 groups everyone immediately suspected of manipulation (4minute & Sistar) look to have quite normal viewing figures. I do have my doubts about the relevancy of Youtube views since I don't think they factor into the composition of the charts in Korea (could be wrong though).

PS. I like your username, if I have disagree with you I get to call you a shithead and no one could call me out on it.

#75 fishball

fishball

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Starship Fighting...! :stare:

#76 QuackingDuck

QuackingDuck

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Because like I said the Big 3 are publicly traded companies wherein everyone will be able to see their every single loss and gain, unlike others. Apart from SM-YG-JYP, how many other entertainment companies are publicly traded?

Also where did you get the idea that the Big 3 wouldn't be investigated? Obviously everyone will be included.

Anyways the point is that, there is still a difference between spearheading/organizing than just joining just for the hell of it. Although more and more companies will probably join later on, this investigation wouldn't have made possible if not because of the Big 3 filing a lawsuit against these so-called cheaters.

channel4 (UK) did a documentary on how companies manipulate youtube,fb,etc. many of those suggested to be involved in that stuff were huge publicly traded companies e.g. coca cola.

i'm not accusing the big3, but seeing their financial reports won't necessary reveal everything. they could simply count the dodgy stuff as part of the cost of promotion.

#77 Shithead

Shithead

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Interesting graphs. Also nice to see that the 2 groups everyone immediately suspected of manipulation (4minute & Sistar) look to have quite normal viewing figures. I do have my doubts about the relevancy of Youtube views since I don't think they factor into the composition of the charts in Korea (could be wrong though).

PS. I like your username, if I have disagree with you I get to call you a shithead and no one could call me out on it.

Youtube views are counted for Music Core and Inkigayo. 4minute has the most obvious case of album sajaegi ever (50,000+ sold on Hanteo with Mirror Mirror). Sistar is suspected of digital sajaegi, but it's harder to find proof for them (other than being tied to Brave Brothers and some inconclusive Melon graphs).

#78 DragonFury

DragonFury

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Youtube views are counted for Music Core and Inkigayo. 4minute has the most obvious case of album sajaegi ever (50,000+ sold on Hanteo with Mirror Mirror). Sistar is suspected of digital sajaegi, but it's harder to find proof for them (other than being tied to Brave Brothers and some inconclusive Melon graphs).

Then where is the suspicion coming from? If the proof isn't there then it probably didn't happen.

#79 Shithead

Shithead

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:10 AM (Edited by Shithead, 07 August 2013 - 08:13 AM.)

Then where is the suspicion coming from? If the proof isn't there then it probably didn't happen.

The graph for Alone was kind of like the graphs of Brave Girls or MBLAQ when they did digital sajaegi, except it was harder to tell because the song itself was actually popular even without sajaegi. So while unpopular songs would just rise out of nowhere, Sistar's graph was already high up so a little bump in the early morning doesn't seem as suspicious.

I honestly don't think they did, but some people do because of the fact it's a Brave Brothers song.

#80 MistressNicey_Jester요버 유닉

MistressNicey_Jester요버 유닉

♡ ♡ YONG JUNHYUNG'S ETERNAL SOULMATE ♡ ♡

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,968 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

channel4 (UK) did a documentary on how companies manipulate youtube,fb,etc. many of those suggested to be involved in that stuff were huge publicly traded companies e.g. coca cola.

i'm not accusing the big3, but seeing their financial reports won't necessary reveal everything. they could simply count the dodgy stuff as part of the cost of promotion.

That's right... Just because you are a publicly traded company doesn't mean you're clean...

Did everyone forget about Enron and how they reported their financial books and hide their real losses... My point is... there are things that can be hidden from the public eye...

Up, Up and Away!