「a knot」

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Contrail Ranking for 5/3 (Chaku Uta): #3

Hi, neemy <3 You're just in time for the summer album. : D

can't wait! 

Pretty OP. Can't wait for her new album. http://onehallyu.com/public/style_emotic...

i love your sig :)

#24 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

For those who didn't get to see it before the forum shut down, I'll re-post Namie's recent ViVi interview/photoshoot in a little bit.

Pretty OP. Can't wait for her new album. ^_^

Thanks! The picture is from the Sweet 19 Blues 20th anniversary shoot, which everyone seems to like.

http://amuro.fr.fo/i...?/category/1451

#25 Nyokou

Nyokou

달링♥モノノフ

• PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

i love your sig :)

Thanks. :ilikeitplz:

For those who didn't get to see it before the forum shut down, I'll re-post Namie's recent ViVi interview/photoshoot in a little bit.

Thanks! The picture is from the Sweet 19 Blues 20th anniversary shoot, which everyone seems to like.

http://amuro.fr.fo/i...?/category/1451

Yeah, all those pictures are beautiful. Kinda wish some were in higher resolution though. :ohdearplz:

#26 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Here's the ViVi photoshoot and Interview. The Sweet (magazine) photoshoot and interview should be out in less than a week!

543695_469290486473026_972491819_n.jpg

AMURO IN THE WHITE WORLD

Last year, Namie Amuro got off to a new start, and also marked the milestone of the 20th anniversary since her debut. After the major success of her sold-out 5 Major Domes Tour, "Worldwide Namie Amuro's" Asian Arena Tour is in full swing! Because of this, ViVi wanted to bring a more polished approach and shine. The fashion theme was "Only White and Gold". From "girly white" to "Striking MIX White" ,  we wanted to give a stylish seasonal appearance.

(Photoshoot under spoilers for those of you with slow connections!)

Spoiler

AMURO'S PRIVATE TALK

AMUROCH

007.+Namie+Amuro+ASIA+TOUR+2013+-+Taiwan

You threw out AMUROCH dolls during your Asia Arena Tour as a present?!

"Once in a while during a live, I'd throw out used towels, so for the Asia tour, I wanted to throw out the signed AMUROCH dolls they were selling! But I'd never thrown one before and it dropped like a rock....(Laughs) So AMUROCH didn't fly on the first day, but on the second day I threw a lot of them~"

STARBUCKS

tumblr_m933oswbkw1qh9s5eo1_500.png

Last year, you finally had your introduction to Starbucks! (Laughs)

"Actually, up until that point, I'd just never really had any. But the "Green Tea Matcha Latte" is refreshing and delicious, so if you're reading this go and try it yourself. It's really yummy. (H) Then again, green tea is good every day. (Laughs) And make sure to get soy milk without syrup. (H) When you have a Starbucks in hand, it's a good morning. (Laughs)
She certainly didn't appear at the shooting today with a Starbucks in hand. Amuro-san...  ^^;;;

PINK JACKET

009.+Namie+Amuro+in+Hong+Kong+(01).012.j

You had bought a really flashy pink jacket.

"I was wondering if it would be just right to wear to Hong Kong, but while I was thinking that, I also thought it was really cute! I was lured into buying the jacket. And sure enough, people noticed it was me. "This is Amuro." And it made me stand out better. The newspapers the next day were reporting on my pink jacket. (Laughs) I felt completly safe if I ever was to get lost. (Laughs)"

This is the 21st year since your debut. You want to start with a new feeling!

--Last year, Namie Amuro's 20th Anniversary Dome Tour was met with a high approval rating, and satisfied both generations of old fans and incoming new fans. Late in February, her 20th Anniversary live DVD achieved the feat of simultaneously topping the Oricon weekly rankings. And still she continues to create new records by appearing more often than anyone else as ViVi's cover girl. On the subject of the Live DVD, what was it like looking back on the recording on the dome tour?

"I really enjoyed the dome tour from the bottom of my heart, and I had a lot of fun!! I got to shout "Tokyo!" during the live. (Laughs) If you asked me what I enjoyed the most, it would be performing my old songs!  The songs were especially chosen by fans with a vote and ranking, but I didn't know they knew some of the ones that got chosen!  I was kind of embarrassed singing some of these songs after so long, but it also really excited me, too.  Because it was so much fun, I ended up shouting unintentionally during the live...(Laughs)  I think people will really enjoy the DVD this time! When I was shooting the photos for the jacket and looking at old scenes, I was reminded of the things I had been doing back then. "Ah, at that time I was~" I became a little emotional during it. I also matched my movement with the music and performances back then. I wanted to imitate my old self (Laughs). It was somewhat amusing, and I hope lots of people pay close attention when they watch, because I had a lot of fun doing it!"

--With Taiwan and Hong Kong, your Asia tour is in full swing. Has anything left an impression on you so far?

"I've had so much fun everywhere! Because it isn't necessary to go every year, it excited me a lot. Some people even did Amuro cosplay and it made me really happy! There was even some AMUROCH cosplay! There was a large amount of people, particularly in Taiwan. I was surprised because there were even more people that met me at the airport than the last time I came. The reaction from various countries was very interesting, and I'm glad that no matter what country, I'm happy that people can enjoy my music. Even though I sang in the local language in my previous Asia tour, people  still memorized the original Japanese lyrics, and I enjoyed singing together with everyone! During the Asia Promotion last year, everyone in Hong Kong,  Taiwan, and Singapore warmly recieved me and I'm grateful to be able to be there again for my live."

----And now a year later, you're going to be releasing a new original summer album!

"It is a very summery album! The tempo will convey the energy and feeling of summer. There's a lot of dance numbers. Though I'm still in the middle of recording it. And there's also the theme song to TBS' drama "Soratobu Kouhou Shitsu" and the theme song to "Mezamashi TV". After I'm finshed (recording), I hope to shoot some MVs in foreign countries."

--The festive feeling of your 20th Anniversary is now over, and you're now on your 21st year.

"Though my 20th anniversary was a milestone, I didn't feel any different than on any of my past anniversaries. But this once I was able to show the culmination of everything, and I was able to regain a freshness so I could proceed ahead. Now....how should I say it....I want to try to do everything that I can do now, and greedy feelings have sprung up in me in a good way. Before I had to wonder, "Huh? That didn't work well", and I'd have to change or even stop what I was doing. But from now on, I want to keep moving forward and changing without ever stopping. For so many reasons I want to continue facing and walking forward steadily. I also what to continue transforming myself. Without thinking about it too much or too little, I want to continue advancing with a good, natural rhythm."

On this 21st year, she is starting a new chapter and opening another door. For us, her presence will continue to be felt in a big way, and she will certainly continue to be someone people look up to. ViVi will continue to support superstar Namie Amuro in the future!

Thanks. :ilikeitplz:

Yeah, all those pictures are beautiful. Kinda wish some were in higher resolution though. :ohdearplz:

I think it's due to the photobook being rare. The only place you could get it was her online tour store (after the Okinawa concert was cancelled). No one wants to really take it apart and scan it better. I can't blame them.

#27 Nyokou

Nyokou

달링♥モノノフ

• PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think it's due to the photobook being rare. The only place you could get it was her online tour store (after the Okinawa concert was cancelled). No one wants to really take it apart and scan it better. I can't blame them.

True. :lol:

After reading that interview... I really want to buy the blu-ray of that tour~ :ahmagah: Man... I remember when I was in high school I had a friend who really loved Namie like a lot. I wonder if he has ever gone to Japan to see her since then... I wouldn't be surprised if he went for her 20th anniversary last year lol.

#28 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

True. :lol:

After reading that interview... I really want to buy the blu-ray of that tour~ :ahmagah: Man... I remember when I was in high school I had a friend who really loved Namie like a lot. I wonder if he has ever gone to Japan to see her since then... I wouldn't be surprised if he went for her 20th anniversary last year lol.

I'd get the one with the live CD+DVD :ahmagah: It's a little extra, but the audio on the live CD is different from what's on the DVD. One difference I can think off of the op of my head is the "In the Spotlight" performance on the CD is the one from Tokyo Dome where she's shouting during it. :lol:

If you friend went, then I'm jealous. It sounds like it was a lot of fun ><

#29 Nyokou

Nyokou

달링♥モノノフ

• PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'd get the one with the live CD+DVD :ahmagah: It's a little extra, but the audio on the live CD is different from what's on the DVD. One difference I can think off of the op of my head is the "In the Spotlight" performance on the CD is the one from Tokyo Dome where she's shouting during it. :lol:

If you friend went, then I'm jealous. It sounds like it was a lot of fun ><

Ooh, I think I would definitely want that one then. The more content the better. :hurr:

Yeah, I'd be jealous too. One day though... one day... :sad:

#30 neemy

neemy

「a knot」

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

i never noticed that mole above her lip lol i'm slow

#31 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm calling it. Since other Vision Factory artists are releasing/promoting albums and singles through June and July, her album will be sometime in August D:

Ooh, I think I would definitely want that one then. The more content the better. :hurr:

Yeah, I'd be jealous too. One day though... one day... :sad:

I'm sure she'll give international fans another chance to go to a concert or two. I just hope she tells us ahead of time because Okinawa was sold out in less than ten minutes ;__;

i never noticed that mole above her lip lol i'm slow

It's not really obvious unless it's an up-close shot. xD Sometimes they cover it up.

#32 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Fahrenheit's Calvin Chen talked about meeting Namie at a recent press conference:

4j9auu.png

"While Calvin has welcomed a large number of guests, the one that was the most memorable was the appearance of female singer Namie Amuro last year. Calvin himself is a huge fan, and she is the first artist that he bought his own tickets to go see. "I couldn't believe that the person who had stood next to me was the same person I was watching on that stage." He said, adding that he was deeply moved."

source: http://topics.jp.msn...ticleid=1820287

He was one of the ones that interviewed Namie last year when she was promoting all around Asia.

11620-q7uoh9tdmr.jpg

EDIT:

Contrail Ranking for 5/5 (Chaku Uta): #1

The power of Soratobu XD A new episode aired last night and Contrail jumped to #1 again.

#33 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

:omg:

BJkEbGSCIAAY00-.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/...9282048/photo/1

They're just....playing her Dome Tour on the face of a building in the middle of Shibuya....Can I go there? :stare:

#34 TheGentleman

TheGentleman

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • LocationThat #1 spot is my home sweet home

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJkEbGSCIAAY...

They're just....playing her Dome Tour on the face of a building in the middle of Shibuya....Can I go there? :stare:

3p9p3t.jpg

#35 Delincious

Delincious

♥ Sx #1 stan ♥

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJkEbGSCIAAY...

omg

bring me too

#36 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Contrail Ranking for 5/6 (Chaku Uta): #1

Also on the album chart:

Big Boys Cry: #24
Uncontrolled: #25

Since we have a little while until some more album info comes out, I can do some translation stuff~

So if you would like to, pick 2-3 words from the 20th Anniversary pamphlet that sound interesting to you and I'll translate the questions attached to them.

I'll list the words out, but you can still go look at the scans here.

Accomplish
Achievement
Acknowledge
Action
Active
Anniversary
Attraction

Balance
Basic
Bath
Beauty
Believe
Between
Busy

Capacity
Challenger
Character
Child

Entry
Empire
Everlasting
Expect

Habit
Hero
Health

Joke

Knowledge

Lie
Love

Majority
Merry
Mild
Miracle

Nickname
No
Noisy

Once Again

#37 Nyokou

Nyokou

달링♥モノノフ

• PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Knowledge, Balance & Health please. :ilikeit:

#38 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Knowledge, Balance &amp; Health please. :ilikeit:

Health

---How do you stay healthy? It doesn't seem like your figure changes much.

There are times I haved gained weight. (laughs) But I make sure never to skip my hip-baths. I get a workout during rehearsals. Live rehearsals are definitely the number one way I stay thin.

Balance

--Do you think you're a person with a good sense of balance?

No, my sense of balance isn't good at all. I can't even do the balance beam in gymnastics once. Really. (laughs)

Unfortunately the Knowledge question was the second part of a question on a page that is missing. :._.: So you can pick another question if you want :ilikeit:

#39 3031

Idol

• PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Namie's facebook update!!

"We just received the June issue of "Sweet" with AMURO-chan on the cover!! It will hit the stands on May 12th!!"

524706_474901129245295_176181383_n.jpg

:ahmagah:  :lub:

#40 3031

Idol

• PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hero
Lie
Noisy

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Namie, Amuro, J-Pop, FEEL, Queen

Up, Up and Away!