Photo

✿ ☆ THE GIRLS OF JYP OFFICIAL THREAD ☆ ✿ / #NEXTJYPGG [email protected]

JYP Entertainment somi eunsuh Natty chaeryeong chaeyeon lilly m jyp trainees hohohoho debut soon pls

• Please log in to reply
2006 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Trainee?

1. Chaeyeon (21 votes [5.90%])

Percentage of vote: 5.90%

2. Eunsuh (23 votes [6.46%])

Percentage of vote: 6.46%

3. Somi (168 votes [47.19%])

Percentage of vote: 47.19%

4. Chaeryeong (33 votes [9.27%])

Percentage of vote: 9.27%

5. Natty (43 votes [12.08%])

Percentage of vote: 12.08%

6. Lilly M (42 votes [11.80%])

Percentage of vote: 11.80%

7. ALL (26 votes [7.30%])

Percentage of vote: 7.30%

How many members would you like this GG to debut with?

1. 4 (13 votes [7.18%])

Percentage of vote: 7.18%

2. 5-6 (98 votes [54.14%])

Percentage of vote: 54.14%

3. 7-9 (59 votes [32.60%])

Percentage of vote: 32.60%

4. 10+ (11 votes [6.08%])

Percentage of vote: 6.08%

When do you think they will debut?

1. 2016 (4 votes [2.23%])

Percentage of vote: 2.23%

2. 2017 (83 votes [46.37%])

Percentage of vote: 46.37%

3. 2018 (72 votes [40.22%])

Percentage of vote: 40.22%

4. 2019 (15 votes [8.38%])

Percentage of vote: 8.38%

5. 2020 + (5 votes [2.79%])

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1941 monarch

monarch

OH's First + Best Louoon Fan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

i haven't watched kpop star but sohee and minju are both good in that performance

i especially like minju's unique vocal tone. she has a nice rasp to her voice that isn't common with someone with a higher range like hers. i think her voice would be a nice addition to the girl group and compliment lily m's raspy tone that comes out in her lower range.

what i want most from this group is undeniable visuals and irrefutable vocal talent. vocals aren't ever going to be enough for a girl group, because they won't ever shed that idol image of being someone who's pretty. but visuals aren't enough either because in 10 years when they're all closer to thirty they'll need to have talent to sell albums rather than youth.

#1942 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 24,923 posts
  • LocationTWICELAND ✧

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

i haven't watched kpop star but sohee and minju are both good in that performance

i especially like minju's unique vocal tone. she has a nice rasp to her voice that isn't common with someone with a higher range like hers. i think her voice would be a nice addition to the girl group and compliment lily m's raspy tone that comes out in her lower range.

what i want most from this group is undeniable visuals and irrefutable vocal talent. vocals aren't ever going to be enough for a girl group, because they won't ever shed that idol image of being someone who's pretty. but visuals aren't enough either because in 10 years when they're all closer to thirty they'll need to have talent to sell albums rather than youth.

minju's 94 line isn't she?? thatd be a massive age jump

#1943 monarch

monarch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

minju's 94 line isn't she?? thatd be a massive age jump

oh i haven't been watching the show. doesn't seem like a possibility knowing her age now. but she's still very talented

#1944 girlcrush

girlcrush

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Location◇ anticipating elkie's high note in clc's new smash hit ◇

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:26 AM

honestly hoping to see kim sohee in this group. she's literally the whole package..visuals+talent+charms. i'm also really hoping for a heavily vocal/dance powerhouse girl group this time around. kim sohee, possibly lily m, and another main vocalist would just be perfect.

#1945 monarch

monarch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

honestly hoping to see kim sohee in this group. she's literally the whole package..visuals+talent+charms. i'm also really hoping for a heavily vocal/dance powerhouse girl group this time around. kim sohee, possibly lily m, and another main vocalist would just be perfect.

i definitely liked sohee, and she seems like a taller girl. which will be good somi and natty appear to have had some serious growth spurts. :lol: so they won't standout so much. 

#1946 Guguzaka46

Guguzaka46

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

Sohee's current company is Hunus entertainment, which is also ToppDogg's company. So..... there's another reason to hope JYP takes her in lol

#1947 stell

stell

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

Hello! Just dropping by lol.   

Out of the female contestants JYP definitely has his sights set on Kim Sohee the most. If JYP does end up buying out her contract I'm pretty confident she'll debut in the next girl group because unlike the other trainees, they spent money to get her lol. 

Be on the look out for her y'all. 

#1948 girlcrush

girlcrush

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Location◇ anticipating elkie's high note in clc's new smash hit ◇

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:17 AM

Sohee's current company is Hunus entertainment, which is also ToppDogg's company. So..... there's another reason to hope JYP takes her in lol

I agree with this. I don't see her going that far under Hunus entertainment, but under JYPE I can see her being popular if she were debut in their next girl group.

#1949 Oliver

Oliver

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,720 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:49 AM

What I love about Sohee is that she is very hard working too.. in the latest episode she was legit singing while doing Squats and sit ups lmao... her and Minju were great as a team.. and I know JYP loves her too.. the way he was singing her praises...

#1950 esteroid

esteroid

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:01 AM

I can't understand, why you guys thinking buying Sohee's contract.

Although former example of buying trainee's contract exists,  it is not simple problem.

As I know,  for  some trainees who got public attention in TV show.  Only one example exists.

That case is rapper One of YG Entertainment.

Some guys saying Chae sis. also the case. But, when they participated in K-pop star, they did not have their agency and

they did not get great attentions.

In case of Sohee,  Hunus Ent. is continuing investments and shows strong will to launch girl group.

Hunus have enough capital,  the owner sold his old company and started new entertainment business.

In my opinion, Hunus will not agree selling of Sohee's contract.

If jYPE got Sohee against Hunus's will by attacking weak points of trainees contract, JYPE would get great

blames.

Nowadays, JYPE has very good reputations in Korea unlike YG Entertainment.

I think JYPE does not want ruining their reputations.  And even if JYPE scouted Sohee, JYPE could not

give guarantee of Sohee's debut. To debut as JYPE's artists,  good personality should be investigated.

#1951 Blerina

Blerina

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:39 AM (Edited by Blerina, 12 January 2017 - 04:41 AM.)

Although former example of buying trainee's contract exists,  it is not simple problem.

As I know,  for  some trainees who got public attention in TV show.  Only one example exists.

Some guys saying Chae sis. also the case. But, when they participated in K-pop star, they did not have their agency and

In case of Sohee,  Hunus Ent. is continuing investments and shows strong will to launch girl group.

Hunus have enough capital,  the owner sold his old company and started new entertainment business.

If jYPE got Sohee against Hunus's will by attacking weak points of trainees contract, JYPE would get great

blames.

I think JYPE does not want ruining their reputations.  And even if JYPE scouted Sohee, JYPE could not

give guarantee of Sohee's debut. To debut as JYPE's artists,  good personality should be investigated.

All depends on, if she's wiling to change her company and if JYP really wants her, not matter what. 

1. A good offer from JYP is hard to decline

2. You can't keep someone in your company who wants to leave, without negative effects on her dedication

3. Even if the company declines any offer, the only thing she has to do is not to renew her contract as a trainee. 

Point 3 is the worst that could happen to her current company, JYP would get her for free after 1 or 2 years when her contract expires. JYPE is not going to debut a new girl group,  not until 2018/2019,  he could wait. The project group will be under his and YG's management for probably 1 year, so he could train her like he wants while he's wating for her contract to expire. Her company would never risk to give her away without getting something in return. 

Trainee contracts mosty expire after 3 years. Sohee trained for 2 years.  3-2 = 1 year for her contract to expire.

As you can see, it's really easy to get her.

#1952 stell

stell

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:07 AM (Edited by stell, 12 January 2017 - 06:44 AM.)

blames.

All of what the person said above and yes Sohee plays a key part here. If she really wants to join JYP, Hunus can try to stop her but outside of her trainee contract there's not much they can do. Also, it wouldn't look good on their part to use that to hold her to them. Anyways If she refuses to go to JYP, then that's that. Yes they'll try to persuade her and Hunus (nothing illegal or unethical about that), but again her decision is the most important factor here. Also JYP has let go of many talented trainees who decided they didn't want to be idols anymore or got better offers elsewhere, so really I doubt they'd do anything shady to pressure Sohee if she wants to stay at Hunus. Sure she'd be a loss, but JYP will get over it. Also if she does become a JYP trainee, I'm sure she'd come out of their unofficial character assessments just fine. JYP seems to think highly of her already, and he's the person you want to keep on your good side. No doubt she'd be on her best behavior. If she joins JYP it's not a guaranteed debut sure, but the chances of her debuting with Somi I think would be very high given all the things she has going for her.

#1953 sunshine dimple

sunshine dimple

Idol

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

M

#1954 sunshine dimple

sunshine dimple

Idol

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

M

#1955 Oodles

Oodles

☆ CHITTAHOE ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts
  • Location#WonderGirlsStayTogether ♥

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:02 PM (Edited by Oodles, 13 January 2017 - 03:05 PM.)

I kinda want JYP to sign Minju the girl is so talented and an amazing dancer. 

Also Idk if this is where I should post this but looking at the jyp audition Instagram there seems to be a lot of females auditioning...  

Spoiler

And if you copy/paste the link from day6 video there'll be audition videos my fave http://tv.naver.com/v/1357897

#1956 Asharii

Asharii

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Do you think JYP might bring forward the girl group if WG do decide to leave the company (I hope WG do the best thing for themselves and stay together)?  

#1957 Oliver

Oliver

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,720 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Also Idk if this is where I should post this but looking at the jyp audition Instagram there seems to be a lot of females auditioning...  

Spoiler

And if you copy/paste the link from day6 video there'll be audition videos my fave http://tv.naver.com/v/1357897

She is older then Nayeon.. with a line up of 1999-2004 idk if she fits.. I'm dying for Sohee to join tho

#1958 Minlee aizy

Minlee aizy

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationIn Bangtan's Van :3

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

Spoiler

Minju is freaking talented and she has experience when it comes to the idol world, she's a free agent too, she has already a huge fanbase internationally and is well known in Korea but the majority if people are against her joining YG or JYP because of her age, she's a 94 liner so when they'll debut she'll be 24 ? But Gugudan's leader is 25 and Irene is going to turn 26 so I don't really see the problem

Woooow .... I wonder how much girls we will sign lmao, he already has around 20 candidates for his next gg and like 6/7 of them are already the fans favs

The girls has a nice tone and his pretty

#1959 Jimeous

Jimeous

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

Unless they are offered, JYPE are not going to negotiate for Chrisha or Sohee, tbh Somin is the better all round skilled "Trainee"

JYPark getting giddy over contestants on Kpop star is normal but he has been quieter this season than previous ones, none of the contestants that he went giddy over in previous seasons was signed by JYPE, except Bernhard which chose JYPE as the winner.

The Chae Sisters and Lily M were 11 - 12 years old when JYPE signed them as Trainees, Ayeon was 19 when she signed for JYPE as an Artist. Jaehyung(Day6)  was 20 when he signed as a trainee. JYPE will definitely be interested in the younger males and possibly 10 year old Han Byeol, then again so is YGE

Hyun Suk may make a move to get Chrisha because she speaks 3 languages and unlike JYPark, Hyun Suk tends to be more serious about acquiring talent.

Natty, the Chae Sisters and Eunsuh are guaranteed a spot to audition for JYPE's NGG as a condition of being on Sixteen however only Natty will survive out of those members if they aren't picked. For female Idols, Nayeon is the oldest Korean female to debut for a JYPE GG, Fei and Jea were older but were picked due to their ability to speak Chinese as JYPE had the pre-miss A promoting on Chinese television until HyeLim joined Wondergirls. Also Nayeon would have debut under the age of 20 if 6Mix weren't so unlucky

#1960 Oliver

Oliver

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,720 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

regardless.. I'm still praying Sohee comes to JYP... she's too freakin good to rot in Top Dog's company

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JYP Entertainment, somi, eunsuh, Natty, chaeryeong, chaeyeon, lilly m, jyp trainees, hohohoho, debut soon pls

Up, Up and Away!