Photo

Netizens praise the Kings of Kpop & Jpop - TVXQ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 kinjiki

kinjiki

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

2013070801000547300040621_59_20130707143

Reader request.

-

Article: TVXQ holds their first American concert, LA's Nokia Theater turns into a sea of red with 7,000 people

Source: Sports Chosun via Naver

1. [+727, -87] The one thing I like the best about them is that they don't overhype or blow things up unnecessarily and work their way up humbly from the smallest things to achieve what they have today. Unlike other singers who think throwing a concert at a huge arena when they don't even have the talent to fill it up is something to be proud of.

2. [+639, -31] Everyone seems to forget that TVXQ started off by performing in front of 100 people audiences and holding business card exchange events. They've come a long way since then, now pulling in 850,000 people overseas for a paid concert. 

3. [+602, -41] Depressed because of Asiana but good job to them anyway ㅠ

4. [+569, -84] Even as a man, I feel that TVXQ's disbandment is so unfortunate

5. [+503, -67] Very amazing. Despite being from a huge agency, they didn't do any media play. They're one of those groups that do everything they need to do without causing a fuss or hyping it. 

#2 Mog

Mog

always awake.

• 7,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I wonder how the concert itself went, since I hadn't looked yet. But I bet having it at that theater was nice for a lot of the fans who went. It gives a really personal feel while you are there. Probably better than any big venue performance would have ended up being. 

#3 musicboxprincess

musicboxprincess

Kim Jaejoong's wife :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I <3 comment no.2

#4 Jongdae

Jongdae

#buffdae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I wonder how the concert itself went, since I hadn't looked yet. But I bet having it at that theater was nice for a lot of the fans who went. It gives a really personal feel while you are there. Probably better than any big venue performance would have ended up being. 

It was amazing.

The venue's capacity is 7000 if all seats are used, but the mezzanine was curtained off.  Orchestra seating was mostly filled with the Loge somewhat occupied.  So the 7,000 claim is definitely overreaching. That said, there was still a pretty big audience and the red ocean looked beautiful.

Having it at the theater was very nice as most seats are in close proximity to the stage. Additionally, Yunho and Changmin actually came down from the stage and walked through the audience for two songs (of course it went absolutely crazy during those performances...).  Both performed to their high standards and it was a great show.

#5 Darling

Darling

αɗנαℓℓαɧ'§

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

i thought arashi were the kings of jpop i am clueless D;

#6 Hanah-

Hanah-

Devoted to Reus' perfection. ❥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

From what I've read, the only bad thing at the concert was Yunho falling on his head..

#7 HanryuFan

HanryuFan

Legend

• Translations Team
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I <3 comment no.2

Going from 100 person audiences to being the most photographed celebrities in the world.

Y'all's faves could never  :ilove:

They're the native kings. TVXQ are the imported kings  :hoplz:

#8 Hero Kim Jaejoong

Hero Kim Jaejoong

公主

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

SMAP tops Arashi though right?.

#9 Mog

Mog

always awake.

• 7,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

It was amazing.
The venue's capacity is 7000 if all seats are used, but the mezzanine was curtained off.  Orchestra seating was mostly filled with the Loge somewhat occupied.  So the 7,000 claim is definitely overreaching. That said, there was still a pretty big audience and the red ocean looked beautiful.

Having it at the theater was very nice as most seats are in close proximity to the stage. Additionally, Yunho and Changmin actually came down from the stage and walked through the audience for two songs (of course it went absolutely crazy during those performances...).  Both performed to their high standards and it was a great show.

Whether it was completely filled or not (and I know with a lot of shows they're always going to use the max number to report; I've accepted that by now haha), it sounds like it would have been really special to see. That's amazing you got to go.

From what I've read, the only bad thing at the concert was Yunho falling on his head..

Did he really fall on his head? :cry: That's horrible.

#10 kinjiki

kinjiki

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

jyj...being shady and hiding from their fans while tvxq make their original dream of having a concert in the states a reality..typical

#11 Darling

Darling

αɗנαℓℓαɧ'§

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

SMAP tops Arashi though right?.

I wouldn't know. I don't pay attention to jpop boy groups :(

#12 Joyz

Joyz

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

lucky fans tbh....

#13 Dina

Dina

❤Purple Unicorn ❤Yunbear ❤

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

so proud :ahmagah:

#14 Hispster

Hispster

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Going from 100 person audiences to being the most photographed celebrities in the world.

Y'all's faves could never  :ilove:

LOL Ikr.

#15 WALL OF SAPPHIRE

WALL OF SAPPHIRE

♠__♛ THE HEARTLESS QUEEN ♛__♠

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

ibsrTHm9VnFPMw.gif

#16 Batman

Batman

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

These knetizens sound like fans.

5. [+503, -67] Very amazing. Despite being from a huge agency, they didn't do any media play. They're one of those groups that do everything they need to do without causing a fuss or hyping it.

This comment on this article...lol

#17 Midna

Midna

♀☽~Umbra☆Witch~☾♀

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Koreans still remember DB5K<3 sobs

pretty tame comments tho lol im a bit surprised

#18 Kkaebjong

Kkaebjong

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Kings of Kpop?

#19 Bluee

Bluee

☀왕자 창민☀

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

was there. seats were filled up except not for sale section. awesome concert btw. want to go back for more.  miss them already.

well utterly surprise at netizens comments

#20 Chunface

Chunface

Married to CraZy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

proud cassie :stare:

Up, Up and Away!