Photo

[Comments] K-fans are fed up with SM ruining their own artists

SM SME SNSD Super Junior TVXQ Shinee EXO f(x) Kim Youngmin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#1 guava

guava

★★★★★

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

title: The limit of SNSD

776413_original.jpg

The head of SM, Kim Youngmin's interview:

"SNSD will disappear someday, and another group will replace them. We used to view BoA and TVXQ as individual artists, but for this reason, we started to view them as SM artists. The SM brand now has its own profit value."

(edit; This is not a mistranslation. These are Kim Youngmin's literal words from his interview in 2010. He said this when he was talking about debuting new groups. He was talking about group transitions in SM, he didn't mean to offend SNSD fans. But yes, unfortunately, he had already been thinking of replacing SNSD.)

(Starting here, it's not Kim Youngmin's interview)

Basically, SNSD's maximum growth that SM had planned is already done.

SM's goal is to become the best entertainment company in Asia. SNSD has nothing to achieve in SM anymore.

What SM wants now is to make SNSD disappear in SM.

--------------------------------------------

So they separated TVXQ and the next would be SNSD and Shinee, huh? Are you kidding? Kim Youngmin, you're so jjang. I feel bad for SM artists and Lee Soo Man.

Tbh I thought SM artists were popular just because they're from SM but I was really surprised when I watched TVXQ and Shinee's live. So I was looking forward to SNSD's comeback. But the MV data got damaged and the digital song got leaked? And the solution they came up was to do a little mediaplay with a few articles and to release the digital song first ㅋㅋㅋ I was anticipating for the song because it's not produced by Yoo Young Jin but the song was mediocre. The song parts weren't divided fairly and the music video was TTS biased. Hyoyeon was in the dance scenes but where are Sooyoung and Yoona? And the last scene was also TTS centered.
The promotion time was short and the comeback kept getting delayed.. I'm extremely disappointed with SM for messing up SNSD's comeback. And meanwhile, Kim Youngmin goes around and does such interviews.

If SNSD separates or something happens, he'll write articles with Lee Soo Man's name and people will blame Lee Soo Man instead.

I honestly don't care if they're trying to be the best entertainment company in Asia or Worldwide. What I'm mad at is how he's thinking of disbanding the groups. The groups kept going overseas to earn money for the company but instead of feeling thankful, he's saying such things. SNSD's comeback took a freaking year and I hate how Kim Youngmin is treating them.

=====================================

Comments:

[+76, -2] TVXQ is already at their limit. They will never be the same as their Mirotic era. And BoA is more of a headquarter than an artist. Super Junior has a possibility to be like Shinhwa because they're strongly bounded. So even though they disband, they have tons of money and good networks so they'll survive. SNSD is also at their limit. SM is gonna promote Shinee a bit, promote EXO, and they'll debut a new group, just like they did with H.O.T and Shinhwa.

[+66, -14] The company is the anti. I really hate Kim Youngmin. Doesn't he know how much SNSD contributed to SM? SM only pushed Shinee and EXO last year... especially EXO (I'm not bashing EXO, I'm talking about how they only push male idols). Don't they see SNSD and f(x)? It took SNSD 14 months and they got the song leaked and lost the MV data which the girls worked hard for. SM, you guys really made a deadly mistake to SNSD. Why do you think even SM artists bash their own company, tsk tsk. Be nice to your artists.

[+47, -10] I really hate you SM, do you know how much you suck? Take care of SNSD and f(x).. I'll see if you only push the male idols again.

[+24, -0] The best entertainment company in Asia, my ass ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do you think you can become the best when you're blinded for money? Yeah Korea is all about looks so it'll work in Korea but there's no way you'll be successful in Asia, not at all. Youngmin, know the reality.

[+23, -1] They promoted Shinee hard but didn't even do proper mediaplay for them.. SM doesn't really push their artists well.. But last year, they did excellent mediaplay for EXO, though.

[+23, -1] He's talking about his own artists disappearingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he joking? Does he think he can make another group like SNSD? Why is he so confident? Is he confident that he can get both fandom and public recognition?

[+18, -5] Tbh, SNSD has to give up their top position to a hoobae someday but I wish SNSD would forever be the top... I don't know why but I just can't imagine the music industry with SNSD not being the top..

Original Korean Article, Translation Source

#2 Rice Cake

Rice Cake

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

with irene and wendy i can see the similarity with snsd, cant blame them fans

#3 D Kawaii Adventurs Of Ayyu

D Kawaii Adventurs Of Ayyu

Tengu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

i think if snsd splits up they want to go for tts as a full group.

hence why the focus on the snsd comback was on those 3.

#4 Huuul

Huuul

나비소녀

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:25 AM (Edited by Huuul, 28 March 2014 - 09:30 AM.)

[+76, -2] TVXQ is already at their limit. They will never be the same as their Mirotic era. And BoA is more of a headquarter than an artist. Super Junior has a possibility to be like Shinhwa because they're strongly bounded. So even though they disband, they have tons of money and good networks so they'll survive. SNSD is also at their limit. SM is gonna promote Shinee a bit, promote EXO, and they'll debut a new group, just like they did with H.O.T and Shinhwa.

well duh, that's the cycle of idol groups

is there an idol group who isn't from sm wich popularity has lasted forever the same? what a an odd complaint, seriously

of course no idol group is gonna be always at its peak, that's inherent to the same definition of peak

silly fans

[+24, -0] The best entertainment company in Asia, my ass ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do you think you can become the best when you're blinded for money? Yeah Korea is all about looks so it'll work in Korea but there's no way you'll be successful in Asia, not at all. Youngmin, know the reality.

and other companies aren't there for the money? they aren't charities

and looks matter on the entertainment business of all countries, korea ain't special in this regard

Random fan, know the reality. The truth is that sm's marketing strategies are pretty damn well done

[+23, -1] He's talking about his own artists disappearingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he joking? Does he think he can make another group like SNSD? Why is he so confident? Is he confident that he can get both fandom and public recognition?

It's called being realistic. SNSD aren't going to be at the top forever

In short, these fans are just entitled asses who like to bitch for no valid reason

#5 핵!

핵!

엿먹어

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:25 AM (Edited by † 끝, 28 March 2014 - 09:37 AM.)

[+47, -10] I really hate you SM, do you know how much you suck? Take care of SNSD and f(x).. I'll see if you only push the male idols again.

[+18, -5] Tbh, SNSD has to give up their top position to a hoobae someday but I wish SNSD would forever be the top... I don't know why but I just can't imagine the music industry with SNSD not being the top..

Netizens knows what's up.

Sexist Management Entertainment.

#6 Տի℮ɾɾყ

Տի℮ɾɾყ

Changmin x Sherry <3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Why are putting the blame all on kym?? Lsm is THE CHAIRMAN and biggest shareholder who has more power than the ceo. So everything happen goes through lsm before it can happen.

#7 oompa loompa

oompa loompa

уєнёт! онояaт!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Lesson: Nothing lasts forever.

#8 GuiLD

GuiLD

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:29 AM (Edited by GuiLD, 28 March 2014 - 09:30 AM.)

[+76, -2] TVXQ is already at their limit. They will never be the same as their Mirotic era.

What? Mirotic isn't even their best era.  :omgwtf:

Super Junior has a possibility to be like Shinhwa because they're strongly bounded.

Why does everyone throw around "Shinhwa". You can't do that lol. He acts like the other groups "aren't" tight, and moreover that Super Junior's bond is so unrivaled in comparison with ANY of the groups in their agency.

So even though they disband, they have tons of money and good networks so they'll survive.

What is this guy talking about? With respect to?

SNSD is also at their limit.

I wouldn't say that particularly but I've been seeing that they're done/SM is finshed with them for a couple months or so now.

SM is gonna promote Shinee a bit, promote EXO, and they'll debut a new group, just like they did with H.O.T and Shinhwa.

:._.:  Lmao this guy's got it all figured out.

#9 MszzStephoa

MszzStephoa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

that ceo said that in like 2010

#10 Schitstainz

Schitstainz

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

#Justice4SNSD

#11 Milk

Milk

MILK MASTER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,793 posts

LSM wants more mansions

#12 Mysterion

Mysterion

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:30 AM (Edited by Mysterion, 28 March 2014 - 09:31 AM.)

I still have no fucking clue why they didn't push SNSD as much as their male acts when they could've be so much more then they already are.  And that's saying something.

Sexiest Management Entertainment.

And this is probably why.  Even through it still makes no fucking sense...... :wut:

#13 Amy Lee

Amy Lee

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

im so sick of fans complaining, shut the fuck up

groups get older and they stop being the priority, it's the way it is....lets not forget super junior were treated like shit in favor of snsd

#14 abra

abra

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

That interview is over 3 years old and he's not really saying anything groundbreaking, people need to get over it.

Kim Youngmin, you're so jjang. I feel bad for SM artists and Lee Soo Man.

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ he's probably the one that decided it in the first place

#15 Mischo

Mischo

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Well there is nothing wrong with debuting a new girl group and spending effort and time, but it would be fucking stupid to somehow sabotage SNSD since their success is rare and they bring in shitload of money. It's not even guranteed that the other girl group can bring as half as much. Beside it's not like thy're declining now

#16 barbiedoll

barbiedoll

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Replacing like what? Disband the girls?? Fu*ck you stupid ceo... i can agreed if you find some gg to replace their 'status' but don't disband them..

#17 핵!

핵!

엿먹어

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

im so sick of fans complaining, shut the fuck up

groups get older and they stop being the priority, it's the way it is....lets not forget super junior were treated like shit in favor of snsd

Erm. f(x) got treated like shit right after LA chA TA finished. Just saying.

#18 sebutsajamawar

sebutsajamawar

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Why are putting the blame all on kym?? Lsm is THE CHAIRMAN and biggest shareholder who has more power than the ceo. So everything happen goes through lsm before it can happen.

THIS!

#19 abra

abra

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Sexiest Management Entertainment.

Sexy or sexist?

#20 dimplay

dimplay

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

I still have no fucking clue why they didn't push SNSD as much as their male acts when they could've be so much more then they already are.  And that's saying something.

:wth:  snsd is bigger then all the groups in sm

Up, Up and Away!