Photo

AKB Annual Income Ranking 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Togawa

Jun Togawa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

AKB Annual Income Ranking 2013 (in JPY)

9 - Sayaka Akimoto (Office 48) - 12 Million
9 - Sae Miyazawa (Office 48) - 12 Million
8 - Mayu Watanabe (Production Ogi) - 13 Million
7 - Tomomi Kasai (Horipro) - 18 Million
6 - Yuki Kashiwagi (Watanabe Ent.) - 20 Million
5 - Minami Takahashi (Production Ogi) - 25 Million
4 - Haruna Kojima (Production Ogi) - 35 Million
2 - Yuko Oshima (Ohta Production) - 45 Million
2 - Tomomi Itano (Horipro) - 45 Million
1 - Mariko Shinoda (Someday) - 50 Million

comments from 2ch

Spoiler

source : http://majide2ch.blo...nking-2013.html

#2 Howonnie

Howonnie

Hoya's Crazy Fanboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

the comments are pretty hateful

#3 Taku

Taku

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

This is pitiful for a group of their stature. 

#4 Aniki

Aniki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

How much do yen convert to dollars?

#5 dream

dream

Shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

How much do yen convert to dollars?

50 million Japanese yen = 495 000 U.S. dollars

#6 BubbleGumPop

BubbleGumPop

( ˘ ³˘)♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

And here I was thinking they earned a lot money, then the comments made me do a double take, are they getting paid fairly?

#7 Darling

Darling

αɗנαℓℓαɧ'§

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

they deserve so much more

#8 stop

stop

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

ouch..

#9 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• 4,845 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

is there a savings like thing going on for them like with Arashi or something?

and i'm assuming this doesn't include side stuff like modeling and acting in dramas/movies...

#10 DHenchanted

DHenchanted

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

so little

#11 Delincious

Delincious

♥ Sx #1 stan ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,175 posts

And those are the most popular ones, imagine others :/

#12 Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

not surprised at Mariko and Tomochin earning the most with their fashion stuffs. But that's still not much  :wth:

Also I'm really curious how Kasai and Sayaka and (maybe even Sae) are on that list. Where's Sasshi ? 

#13 exists

exists

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

is there a savings like thing going on for them like with Arashi or something?

and i'm assuming this doesn't include side stuff like modeling and acting in dramas/movies...

I think this includes their outside 48 activities since Shinoda is first, she's the one with the most modelling/outside jobs outside the group. But who knows.

I don't think those amount are that little. I mean there are groups/acts whose official sales equals to those numbers, yet for these girls it's their clean income. That amount equals to a lot in my country.

Just hoping the lower tier members get good amount of money too.

#14 dmn

dmn

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

And here I was thinking they earned a lot money, then the comments made me do a double take, are they getting paid fairly?

they deserve so much more

It looks like expected. Not sure what the original source is here and how credible it is, but I'm not slightly surprised if these are the correct figures.

But for some reason, people are too busy fapping over how many copies their latest CD sold instead of caring about how popular and successful artists actually are. Not very different from kpop fans.  -_-

#15 blank_stare

blank_stare

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

not surprised at Mariko and Tomochin earning the most with their fashion stuffs. But that's still not much  :wth:

Also I'm really curious how Kasai and Sayaka and (maybe even Sae) are on that list. Where's Sasshi ? 

Well they don't do work outside Japan so it'll be less, considering they work INSIDE JAPAN ONLY. 

#16 Delincious

Delincious

♥ Sx #1 stan ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

It looks like expected. Not sure what the original source is here and how credible it is, but I'm not slightly surprised if these are the correct figures.

But for some reason, people are too busy fapping over how many copies their latest CD sold instead of caring about how popular and successful artists actually are. Not very different from kpop fans.  -_-

Why are you in all akb threads though?

#17 Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

obsession I'd guess.

#18 Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Tadpole from Bingle Bog

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

>.< double post.

Well they don't do work outside Japan so it'll be less, considering they work INSIDE JAPAN ONLY. 

I don't exactly get what you're trying to say. Firstly most of the income comes from outside work. I'm pretty sure the actual performers of a song, as long as they didn't take part in the creation of the song, get a meager 5-10% of the total profits made from the song. So it's not like I expect them to make millions through that.

Actual money lies in appearances- TV, magazines, concerts, etc. I know gravure doesn't pay very handsomely. So I'm not even surprised that the fashion queens topped. But these girls-individually and in group, have quite a few brand endorsement contracts so I'd just expect them to earn a little more based on that. Not more by leaps and bounds. I saw a list once according to which the top girls demand about 400,000 USD per CF. Even if they got to keep about 30% of that, considering the top girls all have at least 10 or more endorsements, they should be making more. 

Also I'm still curious how Kasai, Sayaka snd Sae are on that list and are making as much as they are. Because of this, in my eyes,this list seems a bit questionable when it comes to legitimacy.

#19 dmn

dmn

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I'm reading pretty much all threads posted in the 4 subforums for Korean/Japanese Music/Celebrity News.
And I comment on whatever I find interesting.

#20 blank_stare

blank_stare

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

>.< double post.

I don't exactly get what you're trying to say. Firstly most of the income comes from outside work. I'm pretty sure the actual performers of a song, as long as they didn't take part in the creation of the song, get a meager 5-10% of the total profits made from the song. So it's not like I expect them to make millions through that.

Actual money lies in appearances- TV, magazines, concerts, etc. I know gravure doesn't pay very handsomely. So I'm not even surprised that the fashion queens topped. But these girls-individually and in group, have quite a few brand endorsement contracts so I'd just expect them to earn a little more based on that. Not more by leaps and bounds. I saw a list once according to which the top girls demand about 400,000 USD per CF. Even if they got to keep about 30% of that, considering the top girls all have at least 10 or more endorsements, they should be making more. 

Also I'm still curious how Kasai, Sayaka snd Sae are on that list and are making as much as they are. Because of this, in my eyes,this list seems a bit questionable when it comes to legitimacy.

I think this list is individual incomes as an AKB group income. Yes I do know that money mostly comes from TV shows/variety, magazines and concerts. The girls have more Fashion magazine and drama show contracts than songs. I haven't seen the girls CM being seen outside Japan or the girls endorsing products that comes from outside Japan. Most of their cm and stuff are targeted to Japanese.

Up, Up and Away!