Photo

Is Beyoncé really the classy, strong and independent woman/feminist everyone makes her out to be?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Arrogant Fucking Prince

Arrogant Fucking Prince

Haughty Monarch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:40 PM (Edited by Arrogant Fucking Prince, 08 January 2014 - 07:43 PM.)

Her latest album is basically: Sex, desperation/yearning for a man, love and some predictable sensual ballads.

#2 kanariya

kanariya

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

She is certainly not the worst docile, unassertive damsel in distress, but she's not the queen feminist either.

#3 SATANIC SLUT

SATANIC SLUT

negged over flowers

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

she can still be a feminist while singing about sex and sensuality, tho

#4 amber oppa

amber oppa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

No but her marketing team has done an amazing job and making people believe she is.

#5 stormbreaker

stormbreaker

double hyo seven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

lol

#6 ryokonicheiress

ryokonicheiress

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

short answer. no. long answer. it's all about the benjamins. 

#7 jurious

jurious

goddesu

• Translations Team
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

This is still a question? It has been apparent for a while now that she's not one of the leading figures of the feminist empire. There's always going to be contradictions but it's so blatant with Yonce.

#8 Jin's Eternal

Jin's Eternal

My DNA will blend in with Jin's.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

No, Ayumi Hamasaki is.

#9 Dokomademo

Dokomademo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

“I don’t at all have any shame about being sexual, and I’m not embarrassed about it, and I don’t feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power that we all have.”

http://fansided.com/...exuality-video/

#10 Arrogant Fucking Prince

Arrogant Fucking Prince

Haughty Monarch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:52 PM (Edited by Arrogant Fucking Prince, 08 January 2014 - 07:53 PM.)

She is certainly not the worst docile, unassertive damsel in distress, but she's not the queen feminist either.

Do they even have those in western pop, anymore?

That was referring to the "classy" part. I find it odd, having a part in your song talking about how women are trained to think that they have to marry and that they need a man and then another about how she's desperate for attention.

No but her marketing team has done an amazing job and making people believe she is.

short answer. no. long answer. it's all about the benjamins. 

This is still a question? It has been apparent for a while now that she's not one of the leading figures of the feminist empire. There's always going to be contradictions but it's so blatant with Yonce.

You'd think they'd put more effort into it, I mean it's not that hard to produce a couple "Partition" clones.

No, Ayumi Hamasaki is.

Yep, she buys her white men, ALL.... BY.... HER...SELF!!!!

#11 kanariya

kanariya

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Taylor Swift. All her lyrics are about "Oh I'm so in Love" "Oh I'm so heartbroken" or "Oh my ex-boyfriend treated me so badly"

#12 Red Velvet's #1 fan

Red Velvet's #1 fan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

she's no britney spears that's for sure

#13 Sotsugyou

Sotsugyou

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Taylor Swift. All her lyrics are about "Oh I'm so in Love" "Oh I'm so heartbroken" or "Oh my ex-boyfriend treated me so badly"

I hate her...

#14 Tequila Mockingbird

Tequila Mockingbird

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

This so much. There is nothing about feminism that says you cannot enjoy your sexuality or find yourself sexy.

#15 Edna Mode

Edna Mode

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

That's what you took away from the album? 

ground breaking stuff right here

#16 Arrogant Fucking Prince

Arrogant Fucking Prince

Haughty Monarch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:10 PM (Edited by Arrogant Fucking Prince, 08 January 2014 - 08:11 PM.)

This so much. There is nothing about feminism that says you cannot enjoy your sexuality or find yourself sexy.

That was referring to the "classy" part. I find it odd, having a part in your song talking about how women are trained to think that they have to marry and that they need a man and then another about how she's desperate for attention.

That's what you took away from the album?

I'm sorry my penis that bleeds every month didn't recieve any life changing insight or revolutionary perspectives from this album. Though I found the part where she was singing about being on her knees and the fountain between her legs quite enlightening.

she's no britney spears that's for sure

Well aren't you a haha comedian.

#17 Hoyothaa

Hoyothaa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

tumblr_mw0h54bsLQ1r6qguso6_250.gif

#18 hyorifan

hyorifan

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:12 PM (Edited by hyorifan, 08 January 2014 - 08:24 PM.)

You'd think they'd put more effort into it, I mean it's not that hard to produce a couple "Partition" clones.

Yep, she buys her white men, ALL.... BY.... HER...SELF!!!!

Warning: Just realized I wrote a fcking essay

Your theory is probably valid but your assumptions are so off. I'm sure Beyonce was a label puppet for quite a while but this album was a clear indication that she really doesn't trust them anymore, Partition was also written by her, not her label, as you can see in her BTS video. The reason she is so sensual now is because she simply stopped giving a fck about trying to please the GP and always being PG. You guys are reading too much into the album and how much of a say her label and marketing team had on it when it seems like this was honestly a half assed effort (she literally free-styled some of the songs and the studio didn't even have fcking lights). I'm not saying the album wasn't creative, just saying she could have put more effort into it, then again the whole concept for this album was to show that she could bang out hits without trying. (i.e no promo for the album what so ever)

#19 JJJ

JJJ

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

She is doing what she wants to. How is that not independent?

#20 cowgirlbebop

cowgirlbebop

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

She's a pop star, not some sort of figure for social change. She sings her songs, makes her money, and live her life. I think people project what they want her to be onto her instead of what she actually is.

Up, Up and Away!