Photo

Young Foreigners Flock to KPOP Auditions

kpop audition trainee foreigners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#41 Joon

Joon

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:48 PM (Edited by Joon, 06 January 2014 - 04:49 PM.)

If the non asian was pretty enough I could see a label giving it a shot. Talent wouldn't be enough I don't think :( Also maybe the indie-esque scene would be better after all they have that non-asian drummer in Busker Busker. They are kpop but not exactly "idols."

If Japan can embrace non-asians I don't see why Korea wouldn't. Not saying it would be successful but you never know....let people have their dreams. I just hope they aren't expecting to make a lot of money.

#42 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I'm not sure about this, but I think Nickhun of JYP is half Chinese and half Thai.

Yup he is. 

#43 aimeele

aimeele

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Nobady gon sign them

#44 XiuMineral

XiuMineral

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Why not try, it's a great experience LOL at all you debby downers just because you don't have the balls to go doesn't mean you should try and shit on other peoples dreams.

You're just as delusional as they are SMH. 90% of them probably can't even speak a lick of Korean, that's the most annoying part :omgwtf:

If they want to be famous, they should go look for talent agencies in their respective countries, instead of trying to get close to their oppas/unnies on the other side of the globe.

#45 Muse

Muse

Onew's Husband / Secret 10th member of Nine Muses

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:58 PM (Edited by Muse, 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.)

You're just as delusional as they are SMH. 90% of them probably can't even speak a lick of Korean, that's the most annoying part :omgwtf:
If they want to be famous, they should go look for talent agencies in their respective countries, instead of trying to get close to their oppas/unnies on the other side of the globe.

Are you dumb, how is telling someone to try something for the expierence make them delusional? Just because they want don't want to be a douchebag like 90% of the people on the forum doesn't make them delusional maybe you should look up that definition.

And so I guess it's annoying when you have Chinese members who go into auditions not speaking Korean or ones that have debuted still not fluent. Kay.

#46 paola81093

paola81093

Trainee

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

The big management companies are probably targeting Asians with other descent, not pure non-Asians. Sorry to say to those with no Asian blood, but getting into this industry is slim. And yeah they prefer East Asians. Lately though, companies have been showing up with more Thais, which is in SEA. SM Rookies Ten is following up on Khun and Rania's Joy.

#47 paola81093

paola81093

Trainee

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

The big management companies are probably targeting Asians with other descent, not pure non-Asians. Sorry to say to those with no Asian blood, but getting into this industry is slim. And yeah they prefer East Asians. Lately though, companies have been showing up with more Thais, which is in SEA. SM Rookies Ten is following up on Khun and Rania's Joy.

#48 Jenaideer

Jenaideer

☆鹿只有鹿☆

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Yup he is. 

haha thanks for confirming. :)

#49 Daisy Dukes

Daisy Dukes

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

lol i went to an audition for sm and when a non-asian girl went up to sing the judges just didn't look interested... :unsure:

I feel bad for her... For trying. :._.:

#50 amber oppa

amber oppa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,476 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Stop.

#51 Paradise

Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I don't think it's completely impossible for someone of a different race to debut in a group but it's really unlikely.

#52 riyozzz

riyozzz

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

“Non-Koreans made up 60 percent of the participants,” Yang Min-suk, CEO of YG Entertainment

Yang Min-suk  :twitch:

#53 saekutoxxx

saekutoxxx

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Are you dumb, how is telling someone to try something for the expierence make them delusional? Just because they want don't want to be a douchebag like 90% of the people on the forum doesn't make them delusional maybe you should look up that definition.
And so I guess it's annoying when you have Chinese members who go into auditions not speaking Korean or ones that have debuted still not fluent. Kay.

I think the person was talking about the ones that don't look east Asian.
I mean, yes they'll have kids from SEA like Khun, but he's can easily pass for East Asian (he's half chiese too so yeah) so they'll bother getting these kids, train them, teach them Korean in opposition to someone who doesn't look east Asian.

They're pretty much telling you, we'll have foreigners, as long as they looks like us/somewhat fit our beauty standards

#54 V.M.

V.M.

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

If f'n Shindong can make it as idol in Korea I don't see why a non asian person might not. Especially if they are slung in some SM 10+ member group. 

#55 Orsasa

Orsasa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

I could see YG and JYP taking people from different racial backgrounds and SM picking a cute white girl that looks like Gemma Ward, Miranda Kerr, or Dakota Rose (The look popular among east asians) wouldn't surprise me at all but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

#56 eescorpius

eescorpius

NAMSONG Ship Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Well I am in the kpop fandom to stan Asians to be honest...

#57 parkhyuna

parkhyuna

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:49 PM (Edited by parkhyuna, 06 January 2014 - 10:49 PM.)

Ok to everyone saying why do non asians try its kinda funny cause I remember being a kid and my cousins saying why do non Koreans try to sing kpop. No one ever thought a non Korean could sing in kpop and now they have non Koreans in many groups even Korean Americans had a hard time. I think it will start with a half korea half black or white person and in maybe 5 years there will be a totally non Asian group member. Like busker busker is super famous and they have a white member.

#58 chickenboi8008

chickenboi8008

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:53 PM (Edited by chickenboi8008, 06 January 2014 - 10:54 PM.)

Current Kpop idols who (most likely) didn't speak a lick of Korean:

Amber (f(x))

Victoria (f(x))

Jia (miss A)

Fei (miss A)

Nickhun (2PM)

Brad (Busker Busker; not an idol but yeah)

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head

#59 Orsasa

Orsasa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Amber (f(x))
Victoria (f(x))
Jia (miss A)
Fei (miss A)
Nickhun (2PM)

Tiffany was bad at Korean too when she was scouted and had hard time learning.

#60 Nari

Nari

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Amber (f(x))

Victoria (f(x))

Jia (miss A)

Fei (miss A)

Nickhun (2PM)

Those idols are still Asian (except for Brad).

I think the best chance a foreigner has got is to go the Busker Busker route, because I don't think K-pop is ready for foreigners yet. Look at all that hate that white girl in that group, The Gloss, caused. 

Up, Up and Away!