Photo

I was gone today...Why are people mad at EATYOURKIMICHI??? what'd they say about Hyoyeon?

Hyoyeon Simon Martina SNSD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#81 Auratus

Auratus

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

but she does look like a man though, you all be playing yourselves if you try to deny.

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked?

83145838gw1eafcsrebfpj21kw2dcwts.jpg

#82 Gno

Gno

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

ya'll who r mad at EYK are making this so sad to look at, you guys are making taking their little video wayy to seriously, its a fucking game. what's funny is how you only get mad when it comes Hyoyeon, but they used Amber and even dudes who really do look like females. whats the big deal???

#83 Auratus

Auratus

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

ya'll who r mad at EYK are making this so sad to look at, you guys are making taking their little video wayy to seriously, its a fucking game. what's funny is how you only get mad when it comes Hyoyeon, but they used Amber and even dudes who really do look like females. whats the big deal???

Are racism and cultural insensitivity ever funny? If so, this is hilarious!

While I am annoyed that they used Hyoyeon, I'm more offended at the racist stereotyping done by these whites who are amused that boy Asians and girl Asians are hard to tell apart! In makeup! And stage costumes! Har har har, ain't that funny?

That this little 'game' was put together by a shithead who lives in Korea and puts himself forward as an expert on the culture is the crowning insult to this sad, sad little episode. I also LOVED the token Asian boy who showed up at the end, you know, to show that 'This ain't racist, ya'll! We have an Asian friend!'

#84 KimOppa

KimOppa

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Am I the only one who has never watched any video nor visited their site???

I mean I have heard their name but never cared to check them out lmao

#85 ShinyAvarice

ShinyAvarice

Trainee

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Are racism and cultural insensitivity ever funny? If so, this is hilarious!

While I am annoyed that they used Hyoyeon, I'm more offended at the racist stereotyping done by these whites who are amused that boy Asians and girl Asians are hard to tell apart! In makeup! And stage costumes! Har har har, ain't that funny?

That this little 'game' was put together by a shithead who lives in Korea and puts himself forward as an expert on the culture is the crowning insult to this sad, sad little episode. I also LOVED the token Asian boy who showed up at the end, you know, to show that 'This ain't racist, ya'll! We have an Asian friend!'

I could not agree more. The entire show is derogatory, racist based humor that tries to disguise itself as an "educational" or "informative" show about Korean Culture.

If they want to show how different the two cultures are (North American vs Korean) then highlight the differences and celebrate them don't ridicule them.

And before anyone complains and tries to say they're not racist. Yes. Yes they are. Racism does not have to be obvious discrimination, ridicule, hate or prejudice. It can, and often is, subtle. In jokes that poke fun at something like "fan death" or at how effeminate Korean men are.

News Flash; Western Culture emphasizes that men should be masculine in nature appearance and that any man contrary to this ideal is either gay, a man who wants to be a woman or mentally retarded in some way. Western Culture is obsessed with Masculinity more than the Spartans were.

#86 enalem2

enalem2

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

They're not even American  :>_>: 

exactly  :unimpressed:

#87 Bizcotti

Bizcotti

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

I have never liked EYK or found them entertaining. Nothing has changed.

#88 Red Light

Red Light

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

everyone just needs to watch 2minjinkjongkey, they are hilarious with their MV reactions.

If, like me, you don't like Simon and martina don't give them views, simple :)

#89 xiaoyuan

xiaoyuan

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

Amber dresses like a guy all the time whereas Hyo doesn't. Those guys are no different. Heechul, Kevin and all have cos played as girls tons of times.

#90 xiaoyuan

xiaoyuan

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

This is not their first time either.

They mentioned Hyoyeon as 'The member no one knows' when they couldn't remember her name.

One time, they can excuse themselves by saying that it's a mistake but if you repeat it...

#91 Sarah ☆

Sarah ☆

itty bitty titty committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

everyone just needs to watch 2minjinkjongkey, they are hilarious with their MV reactions.

I'm not exactly an avid follower of Kpop Youtubers, but those girls can be pretty damn hilarious. I was just watching some of their videos a little while ago actually. 

#92 Carlos

Carlos

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

Your oppar need stop to look/dress/makeup like a girl, so nobody wouldn't see korean idol as "gay-woman lookalike wannabe" again. Put off your make up (light make up is enough), cut short your hair, and dress manly.

And... Overreact from some stand as always.

#93 fishyy

fishyy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

on one hand.. you have the overzealous fans of SNSD overreacting... but c'mon this is OH forums... generally, kpop has a ton of sensitive fans. i've grown used to it.

#94 Joanne Loo

Joanne Loo

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm forever regretting how I used to follow their videos  :._.:

Not to mention that they're friggin' YG biased and I fucking hate how they pick on exo

#95 wings

wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

This is cheating. They chose a bad photo  :>_>:

#96 DragonFury

DragonFury

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

The gender bender thing is a widely acknowledged thing in K-pop I don't see anything wrong with making a satirical "game show" out of it. Same with the Engrish, everybody know the English is K-pop can be downright atrocious yet when someone says so out loud people jump on them like they personally insulted every idol in the industry.

As for Hyoyeon's picture; of course they're going to use one that's less feminine, that's the idea of the game. They could have used pictures of the male idols when they're not cross dressing as well, but that would defeat the purpose of the game. And the way I saw it was that Hyoyeon was supposed to be a gimme for them, can't blame EYK for the guys getting it wrong.

#97 Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu

♔Dino$tan♔

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well, the pictures were awful :soul:

#98 ʙᴀsᴇᴅ★ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ

ʙᴀsᴇᴅ★ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ

NO FLEX ZONE OT7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hyo is sexy as fuck tho. :>_>:  

#99 saekutoxxx

saekutoxxx

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

They have more than 400K subscribers on their Eat Your Kimchi YT channel and I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of the subscribers are KPop i-fans hungry for news from the horses' mouth in a language they can understand. It's a shame that Simon and Martina have taken that interest and spit on it, devaluing their 'reviews' with lowest-common-denominator level shock value and disrespect for the subject matter. A lot of kids look to them and that's a fucking shame.

that's what I was refering to by more relevant than they should be... yes they're popular; they live in Korea and are probably closer to idols than the majority of most international fans ever will be. but that's not a good enough reason for me to follow them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that. You said it yourself, they often make blatant racist jokes/comments, slut shame and whatnot. Why on earth would I listen to these people? they don't have the monopoly on the truth just because they live in korea, I don't understand why people drink everthing they say. they're cashing out on fans, it's sad but they seem to have a devoted following (400k???!!!! D: ) 

#100 abra

abra

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

The gender bender thing is a widely acknowledged thing in K-pop I don't see anything wrong with making a satirical "game show" out of it. Same with the Engrish, everybody know the English is K-pop can be downright atrocious yet when someone says so out loud people jump on them like they personally insulted every idol in the industry.

As for Hyoyeon's picture; of course they're going to use one that's less feminine, that's the idea of the game. They could have used pictures of the male idols when they're not cross dressing as well, but that would defeat the purpose of the game. And the way I saw it was that Hyoyeon was supposed to be a gimme for them, can't blame EYK for the guys getting it wrong.

preach

It's especially ridiculous when people get upset about Engrish jokes

Up, Up and Away!