Photo

Digital Sajaegi case Cube and FNC joins Big 3 + SE + Updated with Cube's CEO Hong Seung Song statement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#121 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Also, I disagree that music service providers have an incentive to out songs that are digitally manipulated. Their priority does not lie in "accurately reporting charts", that's ridiculous. Their priority lies in making money off of music sales.

I really think that the majority of normal music consumers are unlikely to pick their music service provider according to "who should I buy from so my purchases will be (accurately!!!!) reflected on the sales charts?" Ppl (I assume) would choose who to buy from according to "X is not a shitbag company with human rights abuses, the website/software interface is good, the customer service is decent, there's little downtime/lagging, I already have an account". Casual music listeners are not obsessed with seeing X artist do well. They just, you know, want access to music they'll enjoy. So there's not much reason for them to care about this.

Of course, if this really blows up to huge scandal proportions and any particular music service provider specifically manages to come out with a bad rep in comparison to the others, maybe consumers will take that into account (eventually). But for the most part, no.

Should we even care that some companies/producers are manipulating the charts? All it does is lower their profits unless they're nugus and need the exposure, and in that case good for them if they succeed.

What? :lol:

Sounds interesting

Only if one is overinvested in charts. XD  As someone who does not live in SK and thus does not have to be inundated in CFs featuring so-called undeserving idols who are "not really popular" or "wouldn't be really popular if they had played fair!!!" why would it matter to me on a practical level?

I only care because I want an accurate representation of whether my favorite group is doing well. :(  Because they are nugu, so if they don't do reasonably well maybe they won't be able to continue as they are.  (But there's always UKISS, so I think they will be alright, in the end....)

(And because I like stats, actually.)

#122 twinky

twinky

Burning Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I think the companies under Mnet (ccm, fnc, etc) all tend to do well in terms of digital sales. Their physical sales are not as good though..

FNC's physical sales are quite good though,with cnblue+ft island +ost albums+ tons of concert's dvd releases

You're beautiful's OST physical album alone sold more than 100k

#123 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I think the companies under Mnet (ccm, fnc, etc) all tend to do well in terms of digital sales. Their physical sales are not as good though..

I don't think that's true.  2PM is JYP's only strong physical seller now; Miss A never sold that well, WG's sales collapsed with their last album, 2AM doesn't sell impressively for a boygroup....

#124 Prihanna

Prihanna

Inpiniteu's & Nineu Muses' Goddess of Life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Funnily enough, the companies with weird Youtube trends are also the companies that used to do album sajaegi.

Overall views by day:

Beast is the red line. The light blue line you can barely see is Rainbow.

http://i.imgur.com/RHDvQ5N.jpg...

Daily views:

Beast is the purple line with an x. Rainbow is the yellow line.

http://i.imgur.com/1sV4QIV.jpg...

http://i.imgur.com/No1zoIv.jpg...

It was always so obvious, but no one bothered to do anything forever.

Lmao @ AJax having 2mil!! How many people actually know who they are? Dsp is obvious af

#125 sandεul!

sandεul!

ur pretzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Somewhere in korea, brave brother is hiding in a corner prayin for his career

omg the visuals im getting LOL

#126 jurious

jurious

goddesu

• Translations Team
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

THIS IS LIKE A ONEHALLYU MAFIA GAME.  :la:  :la:

#127 zee89

zee89

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:25 PM (Edited by zee89, 07 August 2013 - 02:25 PM.)

I don't think that's true.  2PM is JYP's only strong physical seller now; Miss A never sold that well, WG's sales collapsed with their last album, 2AM doesn't sell impressively for a boygroup....

the same could be said for fnc. cnblue is fnc's only strong physical seller. ft island has fallen off in recent years. they can barely sell 50K now. let's not mention the failure that was AOA and Juniel.

#128 mena77

mena77

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:29 PM (Edited by mena77, 07 August 2013 - 02:29 PM.)

Kpop is more interesting than Dallas

#129 dinspirit

dinspirit

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

i just hope that this won't ruin someone's career whatever who is the one.

#130 sandεul!

sandεul!

ur pretzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

THIS IS LIKE A ONEHALLYU MAFIA GAME.  :la:  :la:

You're right, it is.  :la:

#131 dmn

dmn

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Funnily enough, the companies with weird Youtube trends are also the companies that used to do album sajaegi.

Overall views by day:

Beast is the red line. The light blue line you can barely see is Rainbow.

http://i.imgur.com/RHDvQ5N.jpg...

Daily views:

Beast is the purple line with an x. Rainbow is the yellow line.

http://i.imgur.com/1sV4QIV.jpg...

http://i.imgur.com/No1zoIv.jpg...

It was always so obvious, but no one bothered to do anything forever.

Wow, thanks, so good to see that there's some stat-crazy Korean actually keeping track of this :)

#132 why

why

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

LOL nope.

The Big 3 are publicly traded companies. Everyone can easily point out what is happening to the company every single time just by looking at their stock exchange. Why would they do something as low and illegal as digital manipulation when that could result to major financial losses in their respective companies?

One more thing is that, they are ones that are spearheading this case. Why would they organize something like this if they had also done it?

Cause they can cover their tracks better than any other company? Cube and FNC joining or KMP starting this investigation means nothing. Those who can afford to take the blame off them will do so.

Being publicly traded means little in Korea when there are tons of subsidiaries and private joint ventures. Those are not subject to the same level of financial disclosures.

I'm not saying that the Big 3 did anything, just that people can't be so quick to let them off the hook. Same with cube and every other company, I'm not delusional. S Korea is ranked high in corporate corruption among developed countries - if Samsung and Hyundai do it, then I'm sure a lot of other companies can skirt the law as well since those would be the two most closely scrutinized korean companies.

#133 Prihanna

Prihanna

Inpiniteu's & Nineu Muses' Goddess of Life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Omg the hypocrisy of that man lmao

#134 B2utyMelody

B2utyMelody

Trainee

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

[quote name="ApinkPandaOfApink" post="976200" timestamp="1375869994"]out of all CUBE/ACUBE groups,Apink gets the least influence from CUBE,i hope people all understand it now

I really hope u r ryt *praying*

#135 ApinkPandaOfApink

ApinkPandaOfApink

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Y'all seem to be forgetting that they may not necessarily be targeting popular groups/agencies with this but also nugus. It's not only about large scale manipulation but any manipulation.

that's what i thought in the beginning

#136 Darius

Darius

V.I.P

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Word on twitter going around that according to Naver 4Minute, Ailee and Sistar manipulated charts. Haven't seen a quote or source article yet though. Guess it's a waiting game now...

#137 jurious

jurious

goddesu

• Translations Team
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Word on twitter going around that according to Naver 4Minute, Ailee and Sistar manipulated charts. Haven't seen a quote or source article yet though. Guess it's a waiting game now...

I heard too. I've been looking for the articles in various korean sites to see if it's legit tho

#138 laksjdhfghjkl

laksjdhfghjkl

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Jesus Christ this it's like my own Judge Judy right in front of me!

#139 jurious

jurious

goddesu

• Translations Team
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

Uhh, 

I don't see any articles about it on naver. Sounds like the tweet might be another bullshit, but I could have missed it. 

#140 jennaayy

jennaayy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Why do I feel that when people say, "According to Naver," they really mean, "According to k-netizens in the comment section."

I was looking on Nate a few hours ago and didn't see any article naming those 3 artists outright.

Up, Up and Away!