Photo

[NB] EXO fandom drama

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#61 Taecmetothefloor

Taecmetothefloor

Honey Thighs #1 Slut/Fanclub President

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Um I hope you didn't think that the fans were the ones doing it? Because I read my post again and it sounded like it. 

I'm not sure either. There is 'Exo Ilbe' in Exo-related searches on Naver. So I checked Ilbe and there were really a lot of topics that talk about Exo (quite a lot of comments as well). I don't understand them, though there are topics about Exo's concept, their songs, their hand-signs, Kris' plushie (lol) and relating them to something I can't understand. I don't really understand what is Ilbe -_-

this is what it is basically: http://en.wikipedia....Ilbe_Storehouse

i'm just curious as to how they are trying to associate them with Ilbe

#62 Dandelion Wine

Dandelion Wine

Resident Weirdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Awful, awful, awful. Poor EXO. Poor innocent bystanders. This bullshit is sickening. And I'm worried it's only going to get worse...

#63 SUSHI

SUSHI

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

That's insane.

Being a fangirl is one thing but following your "oppas" to the bathroom is a whole new level. God, if I were an Exo member, I would be screaming at them and telling them to get lost.

:/ I don't know how they even tolerate this.

#64 Fitzwolf

Fitzwolf

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

The drama surrounding the fandom continues and we're all staring in rapt attention. Maybe that's the whole point.

:hurr:

#65 Sarah-dk

Sarah-dk

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:57 PM (Edited by Sarah-dk, 04 August 2013 - 03:57 PM.)

There are times when I feel a bit jealous that exo's fandom got so huge and unbelievably dedicated so bloody fast, but it's times like this that I realize that I should be careful what I wish for. Easy popularity doesn't come without a price. I'm content with my fandom just the way it is; if it means my boys wouldn't have to deal with this shit on a daily basis. 

I dont understand why its Exo that got all the crazy fans. 

are you serious.

I know. That's why I mentioned it. I know there are a lot of sane fans in the fandom, but in Korea, where it matters the most, there seems to be an overflow of immature fans who don't care about anyone but themselves. I can't even consider them to care about EXO since they don't care about their reputation, privacy, or health. I'd rather EXO perform with no fanchants and just give a good live, than for them to have really high fanchants but have Korea hate them for what their fans do just to get inside the building

I would want that too, if I were a fan. I think it's the best option for the boys' image & well-being. 

#66 Psy

Psy

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:58 PM (Edited by Psy, 04 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.)

My heart sank a little for the old lady. The lack of consideration and responsibility are disgusting.

"I think at this point, if the fandom doesn't fix itself, it won't only be the fandom that isn't allowed at broadcast halls but EXO as well."

I wouldn't be surprised at all if things go that far because, realistically, the best way to manage the unmanageable is by eliminating the cause of it. Whether or not it would force change or at least a moment of reflection onto those fans is something I find questionable. Whatever happens, it will always affect EXO in a negative way and that disappoints me as an EXO-fan.

#67 soshi.mp3

soshi.mp3

(*・_・)ノ⌒*

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

The greater something is, the more it attracts fanatics.

Justin Bieber oppa <3 <3 <3

#68 Regina

Regina

眠れない

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:15 PM (Edited by Regina, 04 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.)

Justin Bieber oppa <3 <3 <3

What made Justin Bieber an overnight sensation was the same thing that made Exo an overnight sensation. Justin was new, fresh, young, and the first teen idol in a while who had no relation to Disney - he was mainstream. I actually hold him accountable for the spike in boy groups which I thought was a dead concept never to be revived. Exo's situation was similar. They were the first of their kind in a while (since SJ), young, different. There just isn't another group like them right now, as is displayed in their Beatlemania like success.

#69 Unnie-chan

Unnie-chan

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

so annoying. wtf is wrong with these crazy fans?

#70 Archer2006

Archer2006

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

[FANACCOUNT] BUSAN 9TH SAGE FESTIVAL - EXO : Link

And I thought Cassies were crazy. I guess the exo's fandom is even worse. Too bad, I dont think the public will ever like Exo if their fandom keep up this shitty attitude.  :._.:

what in the world......now I get the rumors of SM wanting to disband the fandoms.....

#71 soshi.mp3

soshi.mp3

(*・_・)ノ⌒*

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

What made Justin Bieber an overnight sensation was the same thing that made Exo an overnight sensation. Justin was new, fresh, young, and the first teen idol in a while who had no relation to Disney - he was mainstream. I actually hold him accountable for the spike in boy groups which I thought was a dead concept never to be revived. Exo's situation was similar. They were the first of their kind in a while (since SJ), young, different. There just isn't another group like them right now, as is displayed in their Beatlemania like success.

cute face

+

pseudo sexy charms that attract 12 year olds

+

minimal talent

=

what jb is now

it's the same with exo except for the minimal talent part, exo is actually talented

#72 snsdsucks

snsdsucks

Reigning #1 S♔NE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

lmao this doesn't count though, this guy was legit Regina-level crazy... You can't off and tell me that everyone in the exo fandom is as crazy as regina, because I have seen like a lot of exotics act insane

#73 Elisa

Elisa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

are you serious.

Legit serious. You dont really hear so many crazy stories about sasaeng from any other recent groups, even most of well established groups dont have such craziness in their fandom. 

#74 sima

sima

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

these fans are making me really hard to like exo,, and after what they did to suju lately am so pissed as an elf

#75 Sarah-dk

Sarah-dk

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Legit serious. You dont really hear so many crazy stories about sasaeng from any other recent groups, even most of well established groups dont have such craziness in their fandom. 

when fandoms grow too much too fast, it's to be expected that they would get out of control. It's that simple.

#76 Honey1

Honey1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Exotics remind me of Sones
Both fandoms are infamous

No lol
If anything, they posess similar demeanour as cassies i.e. YOU

#77 TayTay

TayTay

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:47 PM (Edited by TayTay, 04 August 2013 - 04:47 PM.)

Thee boys should do something, like scold them or something...but no they spoil the fans and let them do anything. really.....you have a lot of fans already...you don't need to please all of them.

#78 sicasso

sicasso

Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

what in the world......now I get the rumors of SM wanting to disband the fandoms.....

Seeing how SM denied the fan support for fx's comeback, I think the rumors might be true. Though I dont think that they'll disband the already established fandoms instead they will probably not create an official fandom for their newer groups.  

#79 Elisa

Elisa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

when fandoms grow too much too fast, it's to be expected that they would get out of control. It's that simple.

Did SHINee go through this when they first debuted?

#80 Han한

Han한

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

So many questions:

Is it just EXO whose fans are bat-shit insane??

What is it about EXO that drives these fans so crazy compared to B1A4 for example?

Up, Up and Away!